whats wrong with anti war protests

guyincorner

no one
These oil=blood signs ive been seeing are starting to get "old"fast
yes i know there are pro bush rallys out there why dont we see them?
and the sign i thought was funny is terrorizing doesnt stop terrorism(hmm we didnt fly 2jets into buildings and kill citizens)
we need to get the media off the rallys
yes this is freedom of speech but people please leave your ignorence at home we helped kuwait and we didnt take there oil
and for the last time america isnt imperlist because if we were(see nazi germany)
im not saying america didnt do bad things but we done alot of goodand iraq does have the motive to attack america because there leader is a nut case
yes its sad to see anyone die but sometimes its needed to save the many and the unborn and lose the few
so people please dont bash america respect each other and dont turn this thread into a flamewar/troll fest

Originally posted by guyincorner
These oil=blood signs ive been seeing are starting to get "old"fast
and the sign i thought was funny is terrorizing doesnt stop terrorism(hmm we didnt fly 2jets into buildings and kill citizens)
we need to get the media off the rallys
yes this is freedom of speech but people please leave your ignorence at home we helped kuwait and we didnt take there oil
and for the last time america isnt imperlist because if we were(see nazi germany)
im not saying america didnt do bad things but we done alot of goodand iraq does have the motive to attack america because there leader is a nut case
yes its sad to see anyone die but sometimes its needed to save the many and the unborn and lose the few
so people please dont bash america respect each other and dont turn this thread into a flamewar/troll fest

you say we are not imperialists because we are not like nazi germany, but you think the media should not cover the anti-bush rallies so we don't know about them? isn't that going against yourself? and yes we are imperialistic, but not imperialists. we do not do it to show off and claim it as our own. we do it to get countries on their feet to be on their own.

you don't think going after one country and looking at others like they're next is terrorizing? we're going after the weakest of the "evils" because we know we can handle it, and hopefully the rest will be scared and listen to us. that IS terrorizing, although it is NOT terrorism.

like ComradeDave said, being anti-war does not mean being pro-Saddam. i want him out of there as much as anybody else. but this war, ESPECIALLY the way we are going about it, is not needed. if we do this, we have proven ourselves diplomatic weaklings and will have no right to hold peace talks between other countries at war or try and prevent one.

The anti-war protesters have shown themselves, in many cases, not to be anti-war, but pro-Saddam.

Signs like "BusHITLER" and "Drop Bush, Not Bombs!" or the gem "Sanctions Killed 500,000 Innocent Iraqi Children, Stop U.S. Imperialism!..." are nonsense.

Why should protesters like these be taken seriously? They shouldn't. How many "Saddam Disarm" signs were there in the protests? How many signs are calling for democracy in Iraq? How many are calling for human rights in Iraq? Zero, zero, zero.

They all blame us and they all blame George Bush. Sorry, but that crap don't fly with me.

Edit: had to get around the swear filter for "BusHITLER"

Yes, there are people who don't realise what they're doing when they protest the war. But it's happening. the media shouldn't have to ignore it. These people DO have their OWN reasons why they are doing it, though. You do know that even the communist party is allowed in America, so why should these people with such strong beliefs be forced to go home and shut up? That's like the banning of religion in the Soviet Union.

Tell me one sign that was pro Saddam, outside of the Arab world.

Anti Bush does not equal pro Saddam.

Originally posted by Sultan Bhargash

rm has obviously proven himself to be pro-BS

Originally posted by Sultan Bhargash

It does to some people who have a very black and white view of the world who want to assemble all the evils of the world in the box marked Hussein so when they destroy it they can pat themselves on the back.
Im probably cross threading but listening to GWB's speech tonight telling the US how Iraq is a direct threat to America, Americans and their security, I thought.. well actually I just sighed. Wouldnt it be nice if he could actually deal with the country which is a real threat but then that is slightly tougher than invading a country which cant fight back. That takes more than fine speeches

no sween thats not what i ment
im saying alot of the protesters would go home if the press wasnt there they could at least show some of the pro bush rallys
and the terrorism doesnt stop terrorist was a rally chant at a local area rally
yes sween theres even an american nazi party

Originally posted by rmsharpe
The anti-war protesters have shown themselves, in many cases, not to be anti-war, but pro-Saddam.

That's BS :crazyeye:
Totally NOT true!!!

EDIT: Maybe some of them, but only in the Arab world... No European or American anti-war protester is pro-Saddam...

Originally posted by rmsharpe

Signs like "BusHITLER" and "Drop Bush, Not Bombs!" or the gem "Sanctions Killed 500,000 Innocent Iraqi Children, Stop U.S. Imperialism!..." are nonsense.

Good old Rm,

Always sees both sides of the argument!

Not!

I thought you had stormed off in a tantrum anyway?
:D

Originally posted by guyincorner

It's the evil global media conspiracy I tell you ! You know, something like 100,000 people marched against the war here in the Netherlands, but just yesterday, there was a rally attracting 5 million people cheering for Bush ! Oops, you're not supposed to know that... now they're going to come and take me away... :D

There is nothing wrong with being anti-war or being anti- GWB policy. I think it is perfectly normal to question the reasons for war. But it should be done with reason!!! I totally agree this has not always been the case.

It's not that hard imho to understand the opposite's viewing point:

We have a problem: The free western world is threatened by muslim fanatic terrorists. Another problem: We have an Arab leader that does not step back from attacking neighbours, using mustard gas and firing scuds on civilians.

Will a war solve these two problems? Or maybe one? Or solve one and enlarge the other? Will it turn Iraq into a democracy? Will a truely democratic Arabian nation influence it's neigbours in a positive way?

If these problems can be solved by war, is it worth the sacrifice of soldiers and money?

These questions do not have easy answers!

It is my view that any truely and proven democracy has the right (and sometimes trhe duty) to force democracy into another country. It is also my view that one does not need a bunch of resolutions for that.

But I can perfectly understand people who are 'anti-war'!

I see some of you have failed to read what I've said. MOST, never did I say ALL. There are many people that object to war and have perfectly reasonable arguments against it, but these people don't attend the protests, or at least they aren't making the signs for them, or organizing them.

Will you ever answer my question Sharpe- can you really tell me about a pro-Saddam sign or chant or protester you've seen in the west?

1-2-3-4
Fire the scuds,
that's what they're for!
5-6-7-8
Retake Kuwait,
It's not too late!

Originally posted by Richard III
1-2-3-4
Fire the scuds,
that's what they're for!
5-6-7-8
Retake Kuwait,
It's not too late!

:ack:

Touch your sack, not Iraq. :p

You haven't seen pro-Bush protests because there aren't any. They would be on the Fox News Channel, trust me. The reason you see no pro-Bush rallies is because support for the war is not an organized movement - there are plenty of people who approve of the war, but there is no reason for them to organize in favor of something that is almost inevitable at this point. The anti-war movement has been organizing since the 1930's, they are experienced at mobilizing people. I have a feeling that an attempt by hawks to organize a protest would be laughable at best.

To contribute to the topic - there is nothing wrong with people protesting, no matter how ignorant their protests seem. One sign that I saw which comes to mind "Bush pull out like your daddy should have." Uncalled for? Yes. Ignorant? Yes. Offensive and reprehensible? Absolutely. But these type of sentiments only weaken the peace movement, not strengthen it. Add to that the recent penchant for protesters tying up city streets, and you are looking at a movement which is alienating the mainstream American citizen and rendering itself nothing more than a laughable nuisance.

Weaken the peace movement?

It isn't getting weaker though...

hate to tell you yes there are pro bush rallys

Originally posted by metalhead
You haven't seen pro-Bush protests because there aren't any.

Believe it or not, they were on MSNBC...go figure, lol. Marches in around 20 cities averaging about 5000 each.

Top Bottom