1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What's your occupation in the FfH universe?

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by Kjaaly, Feb 29, 2008.

1. thewyrm

thewyrm Ambassador to Real Life

A Balseraph Sommelier. I wouldn't rock the boat too badly, so as to not draw Perp or Keelyn's attention, but I would try and help innocent victims of the hedonistic debauchery around me. Maybe smuggle slave children out to neighboring Lanun or Luchuirp territories.

2. Nonobots

Nonobots Chieftain

I think I'd like to be that starting elf scout that luckily survives a spider.
    I'd eventually retire in a forest cottage and entertain my grandchildren with the story.

3. DharmaMcLaren

DharmaMcLaren Chieftain

Th-that's the best one. :D

4. hossam

hossam Chieftain

an evil, evil vampire:evil:

5. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

Vampiric blood sucking leach... J/K i would be a luchuirp golem maker that was also like an archmage turned sidar :lol::lol::lol::lol: just think 1000 years to perfect a golem :eek::eek::scan::scan::lol:
    (sorry if it seems to be incoherent rambling, i have ADHD and speak Californian as my native language :lol::lol::lol:)

6. Muz

Muz Chieftain

I'd be a great sage. Or that apprentice in the special events who starts a guild :p

7. ÆNEAS

ÆNEAS Chieftain

A Bannor paladin. War has come to Erebus, and the pacifistic route is probably untenable. As such, what would be better than to be standing on the front lines of civilization, protecting humanity from the forces of darkness?
    Also, my theme song would be Enigma of the Absolute (that song seems Bannor/Order to me - I don't know why it is under RoK)

8. Tyrs

Tyrs Chieftain

The main reason that people like jobs involved in killing is that is what we see from the game... But you have to take into account that depending on how you are brought up killing would be easier or harder. A brutal world where it's you or them it would be much easier to choose them, as opposed to our world where we don't see killing done on a regular basis, and therefore have a harder time dealing with it.

9. ÆNEAS

ÆNEAS Chieftain

I completely agree. Also, in Erebus, you are mostly fighting peoples that are very different, often completely different races. It is much easier to kill someone that is very different from you than someone whom you could be friends with in a different situation. Personally, I would have no issues with killing in defense of myself or my countrymen, and I feel that most of the civilizations in Erebus are not inherently agressive (minus a few of the evil ones), but are largely just trying to survive in a hostile world. As such, being a soldier, killing in defense of others, is an honorable thing to do; one is risking one's own life for others.

10. DharmaMcLaren

DharmaMcLaren Chieftain

Hate the action, pity the actor!

*would make a good Elohim*

11. Vehem

Vehem Modmod Monkey

Playwright in a Kuriotate Theatre.

(closest I could find for "script-writer")

12. Demus

Demus Chieftain

i'd probably be a moroi (and hopefully a vampire warlord later in my life). I'd love to be able to gather the amount of knowledge you can with the lifespan of a vampire, but i doubt i'd be born as one :p

13. Lucius Sulla

Lucius Sulla Gens Cornelia

Grigori hero dragonslayer

14. Fenboy

Fenboy Chieftain

Very well put on both points. Perhaps if Civ4 had a more animated city interface, rather than just icons to select, we'd be more likely to pick say, Luchuirp Engineer (an interesting job by most standards). As for your second point, I think that in our cosy little bubble of civilisation, we in the West are increasingly divorced from just how violent the world has always been, and still is beyond the developed world. Pacifism is an easy ideology when you have no enemies realistically capable of defeating you, but in somewhere like D.R. Congo or Somalia (or indeed Europe circa the early 1940s) it fast becomes a fatal weakness.

15. Demus

Demus Chieftain

better make that Europe up to 1950... i honestly can't picture a century in europe (besides the 21th) that didn't have wars raging. Why do you think the christians had so many nuns? There weren't enough men left to go around!

16. A_Hamster

A_Hamster Small Furry Animal

I was taught there also wasn't the economic incentive. Slaves were comparably cheap and the infrastructure to exploit slavery was already in place. There was no driving need to develop the technology further when you had a cheap and already proven source of power, and you'd have had to build the infrastructure to best utilize the new technology from the ground up.

As for the actual thread topic ...

What I'd like Amurite Mage or Great Sage. Grigori Great Sage wouldn't be bad either. Probably be a scribe though, and if lucky, in the Grigori lands. The Kuriotate culture seems like a good place to live ... until the Clan/Illians/Balseraphs show up and enslave everyone, or the Sheaim capture the city and use it to build a Beast of Agares.

17. Alzara

Alzara Chieftain

Id make a good mage or sage of sorts, though I'd likely end up as a Sheaim Profane lol (assuming the Sheaim adopted Theocracy). A somewhat harsh ruler... guess I know my own shortcomings ;)

Al

18. Nevercme

Nevercme Chieftain

Vampiric Elven Paladin of Lugus! :eek: Paradoxical, I know. Praying to Lugus to cure vampirism is good, because I am not planning on living on rat blood for the rest of my (un)life. Time to put that smite evil to good use! Oh and thank Lugus for protection versus the sun. :rolleyes:

19. Alzara

Alzara Chieftain

Just for spite you know she'd keep you down by her feet.

Kael: "But when do I get to move on to the nicer parts?"

Faeryl: "Never! Be happy I let you touch my divine elven skin."

Kael: "But I created you... you came from my mind..."

Faeryl: "Shush slave! More the fool you!"

:lol:

Al

20. Milosrdenstvi

Milosrdenstvi Chieftain

I've always imagined a Malakim Citadel of Light being somewhat like a lighthouse, complete with lighthouse-keeper and and all...I'd like to be one of those.