1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Where are saved games located? (Mac)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Macintosh' started by georgie, Nov 30, 2016.

1. georgie

georgie Chieftain

I've been playing CiV 6 on my work laptop but I am leaving the company I work for tomorrow and will have to return my laptop.

Where can I find the actual save files? I want to save these for when I have a computer of my own to play from.

Premier likes this.
  2. narmox

narmox Chieftain

This question was answered quite a few times in the Macintosh subforum here ;)

But not sure if there's a direct thread with that exact title, so here goes, it's in ~/Library/Application Support/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/

To access it, the two easiest ways are:

1- go to finder, press the opt (or alt) key and go the Go menu, and select Library, then navigate to Application Support and then Sid Meier's Civilization VI

2- in Finder once again, press cmd-shift-g and enter ~/Library/Application Support/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/

Premier and georgie like this.
  3. georgie

georgie Chieftain

Sorry for not looking harder and clogging up the forums!

Thank you! I was able to get them and save them!

narmox likes this.
  4. narmox

narmox Chieftain

You're welcome, glad I could help!

5. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

I've stuck this thread, as no doubt there will be more players looking for this information.

Premier likes this.
  6. uberplum

uberplum Chieftain

Hi
    • The folder ~/Library/Application Support/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/ doesn't exist on my Mac. There is no "Sid Meier's Civilization VI" folder in my "Application Support" folder.
    • There is also no folder /Users/<username>/Documents/Aspyr/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/. There is no "Sid Meier's Civilization VI" folder in my "Documents" folder.
    Any idea where else I can look for the folder that contains my save data/mod data? I installed the game via Steam.

Thanks

7. AlanH

Are you looking in the right Library folder? There are several, but the one you need is invisible until you use one of the options described in the post above.

8. micuentac

micuentac Chieftain

Hi, I'm new here.
    I follow above instructions but I can't find the right file, I has been typing on terminal to show hidden files, but I didn't find it.
    What's wrong?
    apologized for my own mistakes. I am not a native English speaker
    regards.

9. Stevanovic

Stevanovic Chieftain

The folder you are looking for is where Narmox described in the post above. However that folder is not created when you install the game.You need to run the game on your Mac so that it can create the Sid Meier's Civilization VI save folder. There is no need to use terminal to access the folder.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  10. drmdzh

drmdzh Chieftain

I've tried both methods, but the folder doesn't exist. (I've also looked in both Library folders - the Users one and the main hard drive one) Anywhere else they might be?

Attached Files:

11. AlanH

Are you running the Steam version or the AppStore version?

12. Mo_Jo

Mo_Jo Chieftain

sorry i have the same problem as above .. i am running the AppSore Version ..

13. Mo_Jo

Mo_Jo Chieftain

never mind .. finally found it in Library/Containers/com.aspyr.civ6.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/

and WorldBuilder seems to work just fine ..

14. Magic90

Magic90 Chieftain

Hi, I can't find it either, and I got the game through Aspyr from the App Store. I've searched the finder for "Library/Containers/com.aspyr.civ6.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/" and it's not there. I can't even find an aspyr folder in the library at all. I also searched through the terminal for "open ~/Library/Application\ Support/Sid\ Meier\'s\ Civilization\ VI/Saves" and found nothing there either. I'm looking for my log files, help :(

15. tarafran

tarafran Chieftain

user name/library/ap support/sid civ6/......

16. rcwatkins

rcwatkins Chieftain

And what about Steam? How do I find them if I am using the Steam version of the game? Thanks.