[BTS] Where to settle?

LincolnOfRome

Glutton for Punishment
Spoiler :
upload_2020-5-28_15-30-40.png

{/SPOILER]

This is Pacal at Deity level. He starts with mining and myst. I would choose the stone because three hammer starts are awesome. There may be food revealed to the west as well. The sugar also looks good too as a three food start (and no AH to learn). I'm thinking BW and start chopping. Anyone else want to share their ideas?

Attachments

• Pacal Deity BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    39.6 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Either on the riverside Plains Hill Stone, or somewhere wrong. That gets you +2 hammers from your city tile instead of +1 food

On the stone for me, no doubt. That's a T10 worker that can start by farming the sugar (unless something better available), then start chopping. Pigs can wait.

True, can't have both agri and BW, I somehow missed that. Bit of a shame not to settle on stone, but on sugar is only 1T slower worker and a fast development post-worker.

The logic is stronger with the sugar start. Of course, moving the settler to sugar would reveal more of the map.

Spoiler :
upload_2020-5-28_18-48-23.png

There is a plethora of sugar. I see a lot of jungle. Another bonus of the sugar start is no delay to turn two. This looks like a good start. Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Seems to be a really nice start. Cannot play atm, but would love to see some screenies when the game continues. If you want to post them.

Seems to be a really nice start. Cannot play atm, but would love to see some screenies when the game continues. If you want to post them.
I'm a bit busy, myself. I'll post them when I get back to it.

Top Bottom