Which civilization do you want added next?

Which civ do you wanted added next?

• Total voters
Spain should be in there.

Also, we need a sub-saharan CIV in there. Perhaps the Zulu? Maybe even the Bantu? (the bantu are more of an ethnic group, but are the largest ethnic group in Africa. Plus, they were a CIV in the game RISE OF NATIONS).

I'm still vouching for the Puerto Ricans. Where my people at?

Civilization VI.

I think the next 2 will be Spain/Incas in a December 2 pack.

I still say the Srivijaya/Majapahit Empire (basically ancient Indonesians with a large advanced empire) would be awesome for the cultural diversity (on Earth maps, normally no one starts in Indonesia), they're just as relevant as the Incas or Mayans the only drawback is no one's ever heard of them :p (Hell, Kublai Khan even sent an invasion fleet from China trying to conquer these guys and got his butt whooped)

Other than that my vote goes Inca because they are cool and someone needs to start in South America on Earth Maps. :p

Yeah, I'd like some civs to fill up the empty spaces on those maps. The Majapahit, Zulus, and Incas would fill up the map nicely.

Byzantium

Korea, then Spain. Mostly because I know four trillion Europeans will vote for Spain anyway. :)

I realy would like the zulu and viking but since they just added the mongol, I guess a less military civ would be welcome now.

Spain would be great and I think they could have interesting UA and UU (special scout maybe?), but I would like one more civ in america to play on a true start location earth map so I voted maya.

I have to agree with the Phoenicians. Great civilization, that I think has only been in one civ game (Civ III). They gave us the alphabet and ruled the Mediterranean before most others. Carthage is really just an off-shoot of their empire.

I would much have preferred Mali to Songhai, but I don't see much point putting them in now. Ethiopia would be my suggestion for another African civ. They're the only African nation that has never been colonized (a brief occupation by the Italians, but that's it).

As regards the American civilizations Maya or Inca would be nice. Preferably as an alternative to Monty's warlike ways.

In Asia I was again disappointed by what I deemed an inferior choice of Sukhotai and Ramkhamhaeng. A short and not altogether successful period in Thai history and a leader that may be largely mythical. A much better choice would have been the Khmer empire or even better and more interesting Siam under for instance Chulalongkorn. We probably can't expect another Thai civ though, so my money would be on either Korea or one of the island empires like Srivijaya or Majapahit.

Back in Europe I would of course like to see Spain in the game (The "double feature" of Spain and Incans sounds like a great idea).

Some sort of Scandinavian civilization would also be nice, but the problem here is the lack of real "empires". Denmark and Sweden have at various times ruled large territories, but most often only for a short time (due to certain gifted leaders like Valdemar II or Gustav II Adolf). The Vikings never really has a unified empire, but was led by various chiefs or kings independent of each other (Ragnar being another of the largely mythical leaders, that I would like to see removed from Civ). The most viable option would probably be the Kalmar Union under Margrete I. A fairly brief period but the only period of a (mostly) unified Scandinavia. It would also give us another female leader, which would be nice.

Now that the Mongols have been included, why not their spiritual and typological predecessors, the Kushans?

Yuezhi represent! :evil:

Other - Inuit
+1 food on tundra. Can utilize snow as trade routes.
UU - Dog Sled (kind of like a Civ IV fast worker)

Kushans from HomeWorld? ;)

Also Avatar is win.

- Here's the civs I would like to see (purely selfish), chosen for cultural diversity on Earth maps and secondly for notoriety.

Europe:
Spain
Vikings/Scandinavians (there was a short period when all of Scandinavia was united believe it or not)

Poland would cool, as would Netherlands and Portugal who both had huge global empires for short times, not as interested in Holy Roman Empire/Byzantine Empire because Rome/Greece/Germany/Ottomans overlap with them but they would be good for specific historical scenarios. Also we already have a massive surplus of European civs for such a small continent.

Africa:
Carthage (who are an offshoot of the Phoenecians (also interesting for asia) who we know less about)
Zulu/Bantu
Ethiopia

Ghana (who had a civilized kingdom thing happening for a while) would be interesting I guess. Mali occupy the same area almost as the Songhai and their empire wasn't as large so i'm not as interested. Numidia kinda comes under Egypt to a degree.

Asia:
Korea
Majapahit Empire / Srivijayan Empire (A pre-European Indonesian Empire)

Khmer occupy roughly the same area as Siam so i'm not as interested. Israel/Judea for their influence on the world and religion would be interesting although they themselves never ruled a large empire and were mostly just a vassal state of larger empires (Hittites, Babylonians, Persians, Phoenicians, Egyptians, Romans, Byzantines, Arabians, Ottomans - am I forgetting anyone?).

Americas:
Incans
Mayans
Sioux (maybe)

Also nice would be a Brazilian civ (Tupis?) but there may not be an important enough empire / culture there, pre-European colonization.

I'd love to see the Maori's, Polynesians, or Australian Aboriginals in, but I doubt it as they aren't that noteworthy in global terms with the Aboriginals being the most technologically backwards culture in the world when Europeans met them.

Kushans from HomeWorld?
The devs pulled most of the history of the Kushans in HomeWorld from the real ones, something for which I am endlessly grateful.

Top Bottom