[NFP] Which civs do you want to see in the season pack(s)

Nothing is confirmed yet.
Vietnam is highly requested by fans and Burma had some of the largest empires in SE Asia.
It's also been a theory for a while that Siam has been replaced by the Khmer in this game, which I can see that being the case since it did in Civ 5.

So this because both Siamese and Khmers actually made use of the same war mastodons or deemed 'not worth to be a new civ of its own'? too difficult to determine UU and abilities? or if BOTH Siam and Burma exists, there will be problems to determine UUs because both are big fans of war elephants throughout history... from Royal Elephants (as seen in Civ5) to gun elephants which introduced around the same time portugese tradiers sold first firearms anywhere in Southeast Asia and used well into 1870s in Laos Campaign.

So this because both Siamese and Khmers actually made use of the same war mastodons or deemed 'not worth to be a new civ of its own'? too difficult to determine UU and abilities? or if BOTH Siam and Burma exists, there will be problems to determine UUs because both are big fans of war elephants throughout history... from Royal Elephants (as seen in Civ5) to gun elephants which introduced around the same time portugese tradiers sold first firearms anywhere in Southeast Asia and used well into 1870s in Laos Campaign.

If one of VI's goals is to represent distinct cultures and maximize diversity, Siam was a cultural offshoot of Khmer and therefore does not offer as much to the roster as Burma or Vietnam.

It's not that Siam isn't worth being its own civ. It's more that Burma and Vietnam are very deserving of being in civ and VI is a good opportunity to include them.

Well personally I would like to see Vietnam, which is completely different from the rest of SE Asia and is more heavily influenced by China.
If not Vietnam I wouldn't mind Siam returning representing the Early Modern/Industrial era to set it apart from Khmer. At the same time they could base Burma off of the Taungoo Empire instead of medieval Pagan.

Well personally I would like to see Vietnam, which is completely different from the rest of SE Asia and is more heavily influenced by China.
If not Vietnam I wouldn't mind Siam returning representing the Early Modern/Industrial era to set it apart from Khmer. At the same time they could base Burma off of the Taungoo Empire instead of medieval Pagan.
So IF Siam is to return then it will be Siam after 1930 Revolution or Siam since King Chulalongkorn era onwarsa... Gatling Elephants maybe?

So IF Siam is to return then it will be Siam after 1930 Revolution or Siam since King Chulalongkorn era onwarsa... Gatling Elephants maybe?

I just realized how much I missed the Gatling guns from V.

Top Bottom