Which civs would you like to see in the possible next expansion?

I remember when Gods & Kings and BNW dropped many people were complaining about the "same tired old civs" appearing again, I'm surprised that now it seems many people want classic civs back.

In many cases they even mean civs that were only in Civ 5 previously, like Venice..

P.s. the maya were boring in civ 5, if they return I hope they get more interesting mechanics.

I wasn't one of those complaining about the "same tired old Civs" appearing again back in the Civ5 days.
But I'm not supporting every Civ that appeared in Civ5 to return to Civ6 (especially the Huns, Shoshone, and Venice :p).

They can ditch the Maya Calendar/2012 apocalypse nonsense and make the Maya more interesting to play now. Remember G&K came out in 2012....

The B'ak'tun is an amazing base for an ability though. It's a defining feature to the Maya, unlike anything the other civs have. Substitute the apocalypse bonus to an Era one and you're set.

Until I see Sean Bean's character working on a terrace farm, riding a camel caravan through the Sahara, browsing through a bazaar, riding on a gondola through the canals of Venice, and doing the haka with facial tattoos in a trailer, I don't want to be convinced of anything just yet.

Until I see Sean Bean's character working on a terrace farm, riding a camel caravan through the Sahara, browsing through a bazaar, riding on a gondola through the canals of Venice, and doing the haka with facial tattoos in a trailer, I don't want to be convinced of anything just yet.
Where does he die in it? :p

Yes, it's best to be skeptical of the leaks.
It's gonna be a long 3 weeks for me until Firaxis finally chooses to reveal the expansion.....

Where does he die in it? :p

When Enrico Dandolo stabs him in Constantinople.....

When Enrico Dandolo stabs him in Constantinople.....
Sean Bean now dying after a stab of 90 years old man... After getting shot as RAF pilot by Germans and then dying from black plague... That would be the most interesting death :p

Mt. Vesuvius eruption in Pompeii. :mischief:
That would be good, actually :D

I remember when Gods & Kings and BNW dropped many people were complaining about the "same tired old civs" appearing again,
people were complaining about lack of new Civs in BNW?
Poland, Brazil, Indonesia, Morocco, Venice, Shoshone. 6/10 were new in Civ series :)
I don't know what people want. I can say for myself.
I want a good balance between new and old. I think we have too much old classics out of the game now. (Inca, Maya, Ottomans, Byzantine, Carthage, Celts, Babylon, Ethiopia, Portugal) I wouldn't expect more than a half from this list in the next expansion. BUT -> Having all of them instead of at least 2 new ones would be terrible too.
I want old classics over niche Civs (First Inca than Mapuche, )
I want a good and unique mechanics

Tonga Empire (alternatively Samoa) as my most wanted civ.
Maya
Inca
Mali
Ethiopia/Abyssinia
Turkish Empire (As opposed to a single dynasty)
Inuit (the ultimate niche civ)
Assyria
Babylon
Muisca Confederacy
Roma tribe

~ Honorable mentions to Portugal, Tamil, Iroquois, and Nigeria.
*Won't bother listing Tibet, as that isn't going to happen. :(

5 out of 19 vanilla leaders were female, and from Rise and Fall 3 female rulers out of 9, so there must be some civs that have realistic chance of a lady boss.
Indeed, like Lady Six Sky for the Maya!

I doubt he'll make it past Hitman 2 TBH.

I think too many returning civs will be disappointing especially if there is only one more expansion and they are European. I do think some of the new civs they have chosen have been a little too niche.
I also think there are a lot of civs present and possibly coming that deserve alternate leaders.

Honestly, I do not think the Incas and the Maya will be addded in the same expansion, I can assume that the Incas are more likely, given the civilization history of including the Incas before the Mayans. I think only one African civ will be included, it would mean that we would have only one between Ethiopia and Mali, or none of them if the developers opt for something new. Having the Ottomans and Byzantines in the same expansion is another unlikely scenario, in my opinion. Unless we are getting a third expansion, I believe some of our favorite civs will not be included in civ6.

If they are doing extra leaders for existing civs (which they probably are), then I hope to see Empress Dowager Cixi, aka the Dragon Lady. She wasn't perfect, and also controversial, but she was one of the most powerful, influential, and longest reigning female leaders in history (and we could use some more female leaders), not to mention she made significant changes that helped to modernize China. Also, she represents a much later period of Chinese history than Qin Shi Huang, so it better covers the history of China to include her.

I think too many returning civs will be disappointing especially if there is only one more expansion and they are European. I do think some of the new civs they have chosen have been a little too niche.
I also think there are a lot of civs present and possibly coming that deserve alternate leaders.
Nothing wrong with niche...actually niche is a good thing, especially when you want to have a more unique experience while playing Civ.

I completely agree that a lot of existing civs deserve another leader, and I think we will get at least a couple more alternatives in this expansion.

I am going to wait until the announcement trailer for what I consider to be my official guesses - but I am leaning strongly towards the following break down:

2 Indigenous civs from the Americas
2 Civs from Europe (1 returning and 1 new to the series)
1 African civ
1 Mediterranean/Middle Eastern civ
1 Additional either African or Mediterranean/Middle Eastern civ (or at the outside, 1 new Asian civ - the trailer may inform this)
1 Oceanic civ

1 Female Alt leader from an existing European civ

I could actually see how this could play out as a 6 new, 2 returning formula - but I am currently leaning towards more of a 4-4 split right now.

people were complaining about lack of new Civs in BNW?
Poland, Brazil, Indonesia, Morocco, Venice, Shoshone. 6/10 were new in Civ series :)
I don't know what people want. I can say for myself.
I want a good balance between new and old. I think we have too much old classics out of the game now. (Inca, Maya, Ottomans, Byzantine, Carthage, Celts, Babylon, Ethiopia, Portugal) I wouldn't expect more than a half from this list in the next expansion. BUT -> Having all of them instead of at least 2 new ones would be terrible too.
I want old classics over niche Civs (First Inca than Mapuche, )
I want a good and unique mechanics
I'm still inclined to suspect we might get another 2 expansions, though admittedly it's easier to think of new Civs to add than new game mechanics (either for specific Civs or overall gameplay). The picture will be a little clearer once we know what Expansion 2 is bringing to the table.

Agree with you about the need for good and unique mechanics. For me, the most disappointing thing about R&F wasn't the choice of Civs or leaders, but the mechanics they had. Too many of them had a variant of the war declaration bonus, which just felt cheap and lazy. I've said this before but I long for Civ unique abilities more in line with Civ V ones: Dido's mountain-crossing, Venice/Austria's city-state purchasing, Byzantium's extra belief, Iroquois treating forests as roads... abilities that made playing each Civ really feel unique. We need more of that sort of thing in Civ 6.

Top Bottom