Which confirmed leaders are you most happy with?

I'm most excited for Barbarossa, but it's a question whether or not he's truly confirmed.

Barbarossa seems interesting, I wonder what his unique ability will give Germany. Perhaps Teutonic Knights? Though I can't really imagine a Germany without a special lategame unit. (Panzer/U-Boat)

Cleopatra and Catherine. I absolutely enjoy them. The tears they cause here are a plus

I like that they put in so many new leaders, it gets boring to see the same leaders over and over again and putting in some less known leaders are a good way to to encourage people to learn more about less known parts of a country's history .

I look forward to speaking softly and carrying one hell of a big stick. Playing as Roosevelt will be refreshing. I like the look of the Rough Rider unit. Impressive animation. And I look quite forward to engaging in "special diplomacy" with Cleopatra. Don't know much about her but va va voom. Victoria seems nice. Even though her off-spring dragged most of Europe and others into a dreadful world war. I like that Civ VI is going with new or different leaders for most of the Civs. The more that comes out about this game the more I can't wait to get at it. One more turn.

I am happy with all of them. Mostly because they are all well rounded, unlike some of the civs in CIV5 that is only good at a very narrow aspect. *cough* Denmark *cough*

Yeah I'll probably go with Tamar Of Georgia

Seriously though, I'm thinking of playing random this time. I normally pick the nations that suit my playstyle better and tend to play only 10 or so civs over and over again. Random might change it up a bit oh who am I kidding, Tamar Of Georgia.

Of the officially confirmed civs, I'm pretty disappointed. I really like Hojo Tokimune; he's a surprising and fitting choice, represents Japan better than previous Civs have done, and is a nice break from Nobunaga/Tokigawa. I'm fine but not exactly excited about Qin, TR, and Monty. But I'm extremely disappointed by the inclusion of Victoria, Catherine, and Cleopatra. There's nothing inherently wrong with Victoria (aside from her being a figurehead), but I was looking forward to a proper depiction of one of my favorite historical persons, Elizabeth I, after Civ5 depicted her so blandly. Catherine and Cleopatra are simply ineffable abominations. :(

Of the unconfirmed leaders, I'm extremely excited to see Tomyris of Scythia and Frederick Barbarossa of Germany. Otherwise, I can't say any of the rest really raise my ire or excitement--with the exception that I don't care who leads Brazil, as long as they lead them out of the civ roster. ;) I'm very excited to see Sumer on the list, but Gilgamesh specifically doesn't really excite or disappoint me. Oh, and I'm extremely excited about B5, Tamar of Georgia. :D

I'm very excited to see Sumer on the list, but Gilgamesh specifically doesn't really excite or disappoint me. Oh, and I'm extremely excited about B5, Tamar of Georgia. :D

it would be hard to find something about the character/story of other Sumerian Kings - if it is really Sumer and not just Uruk in a Civ 5 Venice way.

I'm looking forward to play with France, Egypt and China (I like to go cultural, wonders etc.). I actually can't wait for Gilgamesh, whatever he might do...

I really like most of them so far. Don't really care much about Catherine, and while I don't mind Monty I really don't like the design choices on him.

Looking forward for Barbarossa if he makes it in. :)

Barbarossa seems interesting, I wonder what his unique ability will give Germany. Perhaps Teutonic Knights? Though I can't really imagine a Germany without a special lategame unit. (Panzer/U-Boat)

I thinx he will not be the leader of germany but the holy roman empire

it would be hard to find something about the character/story of other Sumerian Kings - if it is really Sumer and not just Uruk in a Civ 5 Venice way.

I present you with Exhibit A: The Sumerian King List. Plenty of choices. ;) But I'm not saying I dislike their choice of Gilgamesh, mind you; I'm just saying that I'm excited for the civilization rather than the leader.

Victoria is interesting, and I'm looking forward to playing with England, but I can't say I like any of the revealed leaders more than the others. The only one I'm a bit unsure about is Catherine, if simply because France has so many other interesting big-personality type leaders.

I do not care much about the leaders, I am more worried about the gameplay of the civ.

But I like to see great historical leaders represented, thus I would prefer to lead Napoleon to France instead of Catherine.

With respect to India, I think like most people here, I'm tired of Gandhi, I want another leader to India.

But, I am very happy with Cleopatra and Victoria.

But 'badass queen' is hardly the description I would use:p- what did Vic ever do 'badass'?

Wore black every day for decades! Can't get much more metal than that brah'! \m/

Sorry, couldn't resist. :rockon:

Anyhoo, out of the 'officially confirmed' civs Teddy is my favorite. I wasn't expecting him and he really is a larger than life character. Really a great choice. Monty is always a favorite and Vic, Qin, Hojo and Cath are nice changes from the norm.

Cleo's the only one that's kind of 'meh' to me. I think she's a tad overrated because of literary references and because she was made most famous by Roman historians. Other posters' suggestion of Hatshepsut would have been much cooler along the lines of some of the other Civs' leaders.

When Teddy was introduced, I thought he sounded great. Then Victoria was introduced and her properties were shown, I thought she sounded great. Then Cleo was introduced and her properties were shown, I thought she sounded great. Then Hojo was introduced and his properties were shown, I thought he sounded great. Then Qin Shi was introduced and his properties were shown, I thought he sounded great. Then Monte was introduced and his properties were shown, I thought he sounded great. Now Catherine was introduced and her properties were shown, I think she sounds great.
I need to CHOOSE! (to quote Hearthstone) Each new leader sounds as good or better than the last. Can't wait to see the rest!

Very happy with all the confirmed leaders. Catherine de' Medici is especially exciting. I love the idea of all these scheming, machiavellian leaders, each with their own idosyncratic agendas. I'm really hoping the diplomacy system is much more rewarding the previous entries in the series.

Top Bottom