Votes: 2,357 39.0%
  • The Nineties (1990-99)

Votes: 1,273 21.1%
  • The 2000s (2000-2009)

Votes: 68 1.1%
  • The 2010s (2010-2019)

Votes: 3 0.0%

• Total voters
Neat thread and good idea. Early '80s here. I only started playing civ in 2000 or 2001 (can't remember) with civ3. I thought it was great and liked civ4 even more. But....

It indicates the choice you've made!

Reply? I'm too old for every game i play unless i'm working to modify it. :D
And since i've been in business from the mid 80's and i was in university by the age of 19... guess how many times i've been called a Baby-Boomer freaky nerd.

I've witnessed the dawn of 3.1 and the Arcade rush, not to mention the Oil crisis listening to Led Zeppelin while typing assembly code on a TI99/4A.
So that tells you.

Phishing for my age, are you?
Good luck - you wouldn't believe what my passwords are. Or what a Military Grade (such as Lieutenant) allows to do.

Like the songs said... I grow up in the eighties and i survived!

(If someone wanna listen the song (spanish song): "Nací en los 80 - El reno renardo")

born in the 50s, had long hair and smoked pot in the 70s. :crazyeye:

I wish when I was young we had computers, HD TV and other stuff. Back then the only thing we had to do was watch TV (with an antenna and only about 4 or 5 channels), listen to a record player, or smoke pot and try to get laid. Despite what you might have heard, it was fairly boring back then. :lol:

Why are the fifties uniquely italicised in the poll? Just asking...

Because that's what you voted for YOU OLD FART!!!

Just kidding, that was mine also. ;) In fact, I'm just a few years shy of having to vote for the fourties.

Bumped. (Because recent duplicate thread closed, and I think the results might be interesting). I'm 1950s, by the way.
Good call by the way. We are closing in on 4000 votes.

1984. My brother got Civ I in 1992 for his old Mac LCII. I'd sneak on it and play when he wasn't at home. Hooked ever since.

80s I play since civ2 but for now i am staing at civ4

i still remeber it.... the box it came in was epic, wonders drawn all around it.
io really cant remember how i started.....

but i know i would want as many shields (hammers) as possible to build more stuff and didnt know i could garrison cities by units, so barbs kept taking them....
i think i even gave up then

but then a friend, who had only civ1 , showed me how he playes it, so i tried the same things on civ2 and got hooked

Can you guess?

'82 though when I wake up in the morings it feels more like '42! My poor young bones....

80's. I fondly remember building my palace in the original Civ. Good times.

Top Bottom