Votes: 2,357 39.0%
  • The Nineties (1990-99)

Votes: 1,273 21.1%
  • The 2000s (2000-2009)

Votes: 68 1.1%
  • The 2010s (2010-2019)

Votes: 3 0.0%

• Total voters
My first computer was in 1982 a ZX Spectrum 48k, oh how things have changed.

I still remember the day when my Uncle gave me Civilization as a gift. My world to computer games started then, when I was 11 years old. To me, the 90s was the best time of Computer Gaming, all the great games rise during that era, gaming innovation was at its peak. Still the Civ series rocks!!!
Civ forever!!!! :cool:

Pickaboo said:
Did you use weighted average or some other method to calculate this? I did this by calculating statistical average and found out that average person was born in 5.404206th category ie. 15th january 1974 at 2.24pm
My assumption was simply that births are equally distributed at all times.

The assumptions i used are explained in my post, and make a lot more sense than equally distributed births, since it's obvious just by looking at the results of the poll that they aren't equally distributed.

I use the assumptions stated above to figure out the average for each period. Then i do a weighted average of all the different periods, using their calculated averages as their values.

AvianAvenger said:

The 1980's, by far, rocks the most. Anyone born in it is a natural champion. :king:

The 80s rocked, and everyone born in them missed the whole thing!

The '80s were awful - did anything good happen in them at all?

Yeah, yeah, Berlin Wall etc - I'd say that was really a harbinger of the '90s, which although dire were preferable to the '80s.

[BirdJaguar] I wouldn't have thought you were that old. I mean that in a complimentary way!

Oh, and my first computer was a ZX81, with a stunning 1KB of memory. I remember the manual said at the start that "You can do lots of interesting things with one kilobyte", before admitting that in fact this wasn't true. It was a more innocent age. An age where, if you wanted to play a game on your computer, you typed it in yourself from out of a book. And you did that every time you wanted to play it, too, because there was no means of saving it.

I agree the 80s were awful. For one thing, they had the worst clothes ever. I mean come on, fluo?

But he said they rocked, and indeed it's hard to argue against that, since some of the best rock music comes from that period.

Plotinus said:
[BirdJaguar] I wouldn't have thought you were that old. I mean that in a complimentary way!
Thank you kind sir! :hatsoff:

:bump: Been over a month without a post.

'76 here...year of the Dragon!

Grrrrr...

Wait...that means I just hit 30. :sad:

Must be time for me to get some tartan zip-up slippers.

Everyone knows that 80's rock was pap. The 70's ruled the roost for rock. T-Rex, Alice Cooper (at his best), many, many more.

80's was good for synth pop and nothing more...unless you liked flourescent pink fluffy socks.

Ahh wellll I am only 71 years young (August 1935)

So how old are you 'young punk"? Padma :)

'86
I got Civilization II for my birthday from my dad as a kid, been hooked ever since.

30s, 60s, 70s, 80s - the greatest decades.

Zombie69 said:
I would like to point out that a strict mathematical calculation gives the following average birthday :
May 12, 1978

Assumptions :
- the average date of birth inside a decade can be found with a linear correlation using the number of people in the decade above it and the one below it
- the average date of birth for the 1930s is right in the middle of that decade (it's possible that there are people in the 20s and below, but it's also possible that one of those entries is bogus)
- the average date of birth for the 2000s is January 1st, 2000 (later and the person probably doesn't know how to read, and besides most of those entries are probably bogus)

lol, almost.. january 30th 1978... so only... 3 and a half months off :)

my first computer.. hmm.. 10meg 286 cpu which could be pushed up to 20megs with a push of a button... ummm??? no idea what that was about... 1meg ram total on 4 chips.. like 86? 88? ive been playing civ since it came out pretty much!!!

Born in October 1972,.

The 70s were great!!! So many good musician bands (Queen, Led Zep, ACDC, Sex Pistol, Dire Straits, Supertramp, The Police, Madness, Bob Marley...):goodjob: They were also very ugly (look at the clothes !) and hairy !:vomit:

The 80s....my youth :rolleyes: . Also my first computer: an awesome ZX81, followed by an Amstrad 664... :badcomp: No comments. My first games: Ghosts and Goblins and Boulder Dash !!! Is there any guys that remember these great games ? ;)

The 90s. Ugly music (rap + R and B = monkey music):vomit: But Civ !:bowdown: The beginning of a new life....

The Frog.

Top Bottom