Which God Would You Follow/Worship? (not which civ)

Which God Would You Follow/Worship? (not which civ)

• Lugus

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Sirona

Votes: 18 11.5%
  • Nantosuelta

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Sucellus

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Amathaon

• Junil

• Kilmorph

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Oghma

Votes: 21 13.4%
  • Cernunnos

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Arawn

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Dagda

• Tali

• Danalin

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Camulos

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Aeron

• Ceridwen

• Mammon

• Esus

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Mulcarn

• Agares

• Bhall

• The One

Votes: 30 19.1%

• Total voters
I'd wager he'd be in the Authoritarian Left; think Mao or Lenin. Then again, my perspective is a bit tainted; I'm only playing the devil's advocate, but I'd also like to think of Junil as being the opposite of me.

Your right-wing?
*shifts uncomfortably*

Agares seems to be the only one who thinks Creation was a bad idea anyway, so I think I'd go for Agares. Furthermore, I like science and magical powers, so Ashen Veil would provide me with that, as long as I had to live.

He doesn't think Creation is bad thing, he's just mad that the one took away his power to create. So he's seeking to destroy Creation to prove that Creation is flawed.

If you want to get technical it became flawed the moment the One took away the power to create because at that exact moment is when Agares fell and went against the One.

I'm going with bhall because...
Need I say more?

If you want to get technical it became flawed the moment the One took away the power to create because at that exact moment is when Agares fell and went against the One.

And before his fall everything wasn't so completely tainted with evil that the One even stepping into Creation would destroy everything

so, what happens if agares succeeds in proving that creation is flawed (by destroying it, maybe?)

Agares is a Product of Creation from the One. The One gave Creation to Agares and later he took it away from him and the other Gods. So The One - who supposingly is omniscient - does not foresee that one or more Gods won't be very happy to have supreme power and then lose it. Maybe. Or he saw that Agares would turn against him (just like Jesus and Judas) but wanted Agares to turn away from him. This caused the Flaw in creation, which seems to be the Agares-"theme". So Agares tries to prove his "meaning of existence" by proving that creation is flawed (which is because of Agares). And possibly that's exactly the thing the One wants from him, but why?

this really is an interesting interpretation.

If this is a test for Agares, then Creation doesn't have a Flaw at all. Agares is part of the creation not apart of it. He was created by the One. And if the One creates something, it can't be flawed. So if Agares abandones the One, this must have been planned somehow. Agares would be wrong, because he THINKS he is a flaw, he thinks he is apart of Creation, apart of the one, he seeks to destroy it, to prove, that he is the prove that it has a flaw. But it does not - because he is just exactly doing, what the One planned when he created him, gave him the power to create, and then took away this power again.
of course this is only an idea :)

But that would make The One really, really mean!:p

that's why I would worship Agares, I have a heart for poor gods that are completely a playball of The One. Poor Agares *sob*

Maybe the One isn't ominipotent after all. If I lived in Erebus, I probably would have to worship Kael.

Kael is commonly refered to as The One.

Maybe the One isn't ominipotent after all. If I lived in Erebus, I probably would have to worship Kael.

I agree that the isn't omniscient in the way of not seeing the future (I doubt he planned on Agares falling) but I think he's omnipotent in the way of being the "pure truth" which is why if he came back to creation it he would destroy all corruption or the removal of the false which unfortunately because of Agares would be everything.

Whatever, this is the typical omnipotent paradoxical stuff.
I tend to shy away from stuff like that. Empirical methods are my style and I leave philosophy to more capable individuals.

As for who I'd worship, Oghma.

well... if The One is not Omniscient ("knows everything") but he is Omnipotent ("can do everything") even then, we should assume, that The One, the Source of Everything, can do think logical. If you give some individuals supreme power (to create worlds) and then you take this power away from them... was there not the slightest doubt, that they will be cheerful, no doubt, that the would happily give up their power? I think there was. Either The One is mean (s.a.) or he is not very smart. Or is this the flaw in creation, that he created gods, that don't do what he foresees? Then Agares had, again, a point by proving that it is flawed.

well either way, I suppose the discussion reached it's point of being all new and fluffy :)

Top Bottom