Which of these civilizations do you hope to see?

Which of these Civilizations would you like to see in civ6?

• Sumer

Votes: 83 34.9%
  • Phoenicia

Votes: 72 30.3%
  • Israel

Votes: 74 31.1%
  • Hungary

Votes: 58 24.4%
  • Italy/Florence

Votes: 65 27.3%
  • Timurids

Votes: 34 14.3%
  • Khazars

Votes: 34 14.3%
  • Vietnam

Votes: 68 28.6%
  • Burma

Votes: 32 13.4%
  • Tibet

Votes: 52 21.8%
  • Nubia

Votes: 43 18.1%
  • Swahilli

Votes: 39 16.4%
  • Kongo

Votes: 77 32.4%
  • Zimbabwe

Votes: 44 18.5%
  • Hittites

Votes: 59 24.8%
  • West-African (Ghana/Ashanti/Benin/Dahomey etc)

Votes: 54 22.7%
  • Central/South American (other than Maya/Aztec/Inca)

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • Balkan (Serbia, Bulgaria, Romania etc)

Votes: 50 21.0%
  • Indian (Mughals/Harappa/Maratha/Chola etc)

Votes: 74 31.1%
  • North American (Cherokee/Apache/Huron/Haida/Inuit etc)

Votes: 79 33.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
More sub-Saharan African civs please: Kongo, Nubia, and a coastal West African civ (Asante, Benin, Dahomey) would be awesome.

Also, another native South American civ is needed and maybe something along the lines of the wonderful Indian split mod.

Banning video games for various reasons is not uncommon. China does it more often than others, but the difference is not that dramatic, especially considering China is often portrayed as communist threat in many games.

I don't think special version is a good approach. Better not to provoke problems at all.

A special version is actually a good approach. It satisfies both parties and is a reasonable compromise. China can have their version of history while rest of the world has the real history. Therefore both parties is happy as I said. And creating a special version for China while selling the normal version to other countries has happened plenty of times before.

World of warcraft in usa has corpses of players turning into skeletons when killed. China's special version creates tombstones instead of skeletons. I'm fine with it. China didn't raise a hissy fit about it and try to force tombstone version onto me for I am not a chinese citizen! :p

Honestly this thread surprised me, I didn't expect that equally distributed votes. The most popular civs were voted on just by around 1/3 of voters.

Though I am okay with that, this means maybe there are no clear "fan favourite dark horses" which means we don't know what to expect from Firaxis and may be surprised :D

The thing is, it is so much easier to just not add Tibet. There are tons of civs they could add, and modders will cover the ones they don't... why go through the potential trouble?

It is NOT the same, but it kind of reminds me of how they approached Pueblo. They didn't want to be in the game, so Firaxis said, welp, we aren't adding them. They don't want to create waves, they want to sell a game.

There is just no benefit of Firaxis forcing Tibet in.

Sumeria was in Civ3, either the PTW or Conquests expansion.

Football Manager 2005 banned in China for having independent Tibet. Hearts of Iron banned in China for having independent Tibet even though it was independent at the game's time. So yes, if Civilization will have a Tibet civilization in it, the chances of ban in Chine are really high.

I wouldn't like to see the game mess in modern politics.

Actually I'd quite approve of them including Tibet to show their independence from Chinese censorship now that you bring it up. And I'm pretty sure they're make more than enough sales elsewhere to be able to do it.

Now, whether Tibet actually would make the most sense, I'm not sure - they weren't one of the four I voted for when first seeing the poll. So if they decide other options are better, that's fine, I just would not support them excluding Tibet specifically because the Chinese government doesn't like it.

Sweden of course! Not vikings, don't get me started on how inaccurate it is to put Vikings in the game as a Civ or a nation. Also they really should avoid generic stuff like "Native Americans" instead of a specific tribe. Generally I'd like to see more civs rather than fewer. But I presume that adding civs will be available through mods, and surely there will be expansions and DLC. My suggestion is to continually make additions available through Steam, such as additional civs for like 4.99 $ each, or additional units for 2.99 $. Some people have a lot against that sort of micro-dlcs, but I think it is a good idea, rather than waiting 2 years for an expansion pack.

Sumer shouldn't be on this list - it was in Beyond the Sword.

Sorry Sumer, Hittites, nothing counts before CiV. After all, how else could anyone call it the best game in the series?

On topic, I would actually like seeing a Jewish civilization at some point, but I'm not expecting anything on that front.

Etruscan civilization.

Natufian Culture.

My wishlist (for new civs)

NORTH AMERICA

THE MISSISSIPPIANS - At best this would be a blob civ, and I know those are frowned upon, but they are a great choice I mean Cahokia was the most populous city the US had seen until the late 1700s. Regarding the district system, they could get a bonus for building them on hill tiles especially religious ones.

The INUIT - As much as I'd like this, I remember devs saying they weren't in CiV because they couldn't find a leader.

SOUTH AMERICA

GRAN COLUMBIA - Simon Bolivar, liberating practically an entire continent by himself, why wasn't he included before.

EUROPE

NORMANDY - I think they would be a much better warmonger than the Vikings.

ITALY/FLORENCE - The Italian states of the Renaissance probably had the biggest impact on European (and thus world) history. They really should be in game.

AFRICA

KONGO - Firaxis loves their female leaders, let's see Nzinga!

THE BERBERS - Again, but with Al-Kahina!

ZIMBABWE - Great Zimbabwe alone should've been here by now.

ASIA

VIETNAM - Probably the most interesting one so far.

and many, many more

Florence would be nice.
Also french gaul

In the case there are to many european civs. I would be happy with every afrikan civ.

Here is a post of mine from years ago. At the time, I pointed out the four biggest omissions from Civ were the Hittites, Teutons, Portugal and Poland. Strike the last two with later expansions, but the first two still hold true.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11447579&postcount=1

Frankly, I don't like this chart at all. As usual, super eurocentric and marginalizes China and India (each had GDP, culture and population equal to or greater than Europe for the entire history until industrial era), and completely glances over a lot of important civilisations (Central Asia, Persia, Sout East Asia, Islam beyond this "generous" short window) and general huge non-European civilisations and nations in favour of vastly overestimated impact of European countries.

Don't get me wrong, Europe dominated the world. In the industrial era and for last 200-300 years (economically) or 400-500 (technologically), but before it was "mediocre" as in "at best equal to civilisation hubs in other parts of the world" (generally Asiatic).

Also, I am Polish patriot and I think Poland being more visible on this chart than China and especially India is completely ridiculous; similarly, I don't think Teutons should be in civ game.

India has 3000 years of history and you could easily find there like 30 empires and cultures deserving to be put in civ series as separate civilisations, yet it is unfairly simplified as one. If India can be treated this way - and I think of civ5 'civilisations' India had the greatest impact on the world history with possible exception of Greece - then Teutons, who have like 300 years of history as split of German civilisation, can be also simplified in game as mere part of Germany.

There are far more exotic as well as significant great empires/civilisations/cultures from all over the world to be included in the game than Teutons.

Frankly, I don't like this chart at all. As usual, selected countries (mostly Western European powers or few Eastern countries in phases "just big enough to not be able to ignored completely by historiography of Western Europe/US") dominate history while other non-European majors are marginalized.
--snip--

Krajzen - no doubt all of your points are valid. This histomap is most definitely euro-centric, and is especially dated by its 1931 perspective. I would love to see an updated non-western perspective of this chart that included Africa, pre-Columbian America and Southeast Asia especially.

That said, my point was to answer the poll and supply some context (note: I voted Hittite).

Be seeing you.

Sumeria was in Civ3, either the PTW or Conquests expansion.

Sumeria was first featured in Civ 3 Conquests as a full civ.

In addition, Hittites & Phoenicians were both civs in the first scenario in Conquests, but not in the base game.

Mughals for sure. Sub-continent is quite under-represented right now despite its huge landmass & rich history. Mughals would be cool with unique blend of Indian+Persian+Turkish flavour.

India is just too vast to be crammed into one civilization. It is like cramming England, Spain, Portugal, France, Celts, Netherlands etc into Western Europe civ.

My top choices would be Armenia, Israel, and the Tlingit (though Haida or Tsimshian would be acceptable alternatives). The Northwest cultures were not strongly centralized politically, but they have a rich cultural tradition and their art is second to none--they'd make a great culture-focused civ. Not "new" per se, but I'd also like to see the eclectic "Celts" replaced with the more concrete Gauls, led by Vercingetorix.

Sumeria was first featured in Civ 3 Conquests as a full civ.

In addition, Hittites & Phoenicians were both civs in the first scenario in Conquests, but not in the base game.

I'm 90% sure Hittites were in the base C3C game.

Top Bottom