Which civs would you like to see in a second round of passes?

Which civs would you like to see in a second round of passes?

• Argentina

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Ashanti

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Assyria

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • Austria

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Berbers

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • Bohemia

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Bulgaria

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Burma

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Cherokee

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Goths

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Guarani

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Haida

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Haiti

• Hawaii

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Hittites

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • Italy (or other Italian representation)

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • Ireland

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Iroquois

Votes: 30 62.5%
  • Madagascar

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Morocco

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • Muisca

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Navajo

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Nepal

• Palmyra

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Romania

• Siam

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Swahili

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Tonga

• Zapotec

• Other. Which one?

Votes: 16 33.3%

• Total voters
The Olmec-Xicalanca are still not Olmecs, Henri. They're still Maya who got mislabeled Olmec due to confusion in early colonial times.
I search about this confusion, Olmec means coast line. Both lived in Olmec coast

The Mexicans live along that coastline now. They're still not Olmecs.

-Assyria and/or Hittites
-Morocco or Berbers
-Navajo and/or Iroquois (or some other NNA, whatever you feel safe with)
-European Free Space (e.g. Austria, something Italian)
-Egypt alt leader

Same as I've always said pretty much. These would cover every major area in which the roster feels lacking relative to 5, while allowing freedom to choose between a "veteran" or "newcomer" civ on every point. (Counting Hittites as new because it's been 3000 years since their last appearance.)

There's a pretty interesting thread by @DogeEnricoDandolo on the civ wiki (which I'll link here), suggesting that the Genovese were a planned civ even before the Aztecs but got scrapped for whatever reason. Italy would be cool, but on my money, Rome is way more notable and they'd probably avoid adding two civs with the same capital, except, obviously, Byzantium and the Ottomans. If we only ever get Italian Peninsula merchant republics, that'd be fine representation in my opinion.

That aside, the ones that seem to be leading the pack are any civs that didn't return from 5 and the Berbers, which fill the same role as Morocco. That and the Iroquois are the only ones I'd really be set on seeing return. My other wanted civs would be Hawaii and Ireland.

There's a pretty interesting thread by @DogeEnricoDandolo on the civ wiki (which I'll link here), suggesting that the Genovese were a planned civ even before the Aztecs but got scrapped for whatever reason. Italy would be cool, but on my money, Rome is way more notable and they'd probably avoid adding two civs with the same capital, except, obviously, Byzantium and the Ottomans. If we only ever get Italian Peninsula merchant republics, that'd be fine representation in my opinion.
Haida were also in development for R&F, as they are found in the files, but then they went with the Cree.

As for Italy, Rome wasn't the only capital. Even during the unification of Italy, Turin was used as the first one.

That aside, the ones that seem to be leading the pack are any civs that didn't return from 5 and the Berbers, which fill the same role as Morocco. That and the Iroquois are the only ones I'd really be set on seeing return. My other wanted civs would be Hawaii and Ireland.

Haida were also in development for R&F, as they are found in the files, but then they went with the Cree.

As for Italy, Rome wasn't the only capital. Even during the unification of Italy, Turin was used as the first one.

When Civ6 was announced, a portrait with the faces of all the leaders was leaked, there was a portrait of Isabella of Portugal. Many people thought that she would be an alternative Spanish leader, but she didn't come in the base game, she didn't come in the DLCs and then she never came.

When Civ6 was announced, a portrait with the faces of all the leaders was leaked, there was a portrait of Isabella of Portugal. Many people thought that she would be an alternative Spanish leader, but she didn't come in the base game, she didn't come in the DLCs and then she never came.
R.I.P. Isabella.

Well Isabella of Portugal really doesn't make a lot of sense as a leader for Spain in the first place. Not when you have her son, Phillip II, or an actual Isabella of Spain. :)
Then again I guess she's not as different as certain leaders for England and France. :crazyeye:

Well Isabella of Portugal really doesn't make a lot of sense as a leader for Spain in the first place. Not when you have her son, Phillip II, or an actual Isabella of Spain. :)
Then again I guess she's not as different as certain leaders for England and France. :crazyeye:
I'm still almost positive they meant Isabella of Castile and just grabbed the portrait of the wrong Isabella. I also doubt they were planning alternate leaders for Spain; more likely at that stage in development they hadn't decided between Isabella of Castile or Philip II.

I'm still almost positive they meant Isabella of Castile and just grabbed the portrait of the wrong Isabella. I also doubt they were planning alternate leaders for Spain; more likely at that stage in development they hadn't decided between Isabella of Castile or Philip II.

Yeah, this hypothesis makes sense. But she was queen consort of the HRE, she could be the first case of dual leader, right? She may have been thought of at the beginning, and left to be included later.

To this day I think that Chandragupta was not in the initial plans of Firaxis and they added him because people complained a lot about Gandhi.

To this day I think that Chandragupta was not in the initial plans of Firaxis and they added him because people complained a lot about Gandhi.
Interesting enough Nubia and Khmer are also found in the R&F as playable civilizations along with the the Haida. It seems that we were initially supposed to get 10 civs in the first expansion.
Of course because of the backlash to the Digital Deluxe Edition, Nubia and Khmer were moved to DLC. There was no mention of Indonesia so I think they were another last minute addition because of complaints about lack of any civs from Southeast Asia.

Maybe an Alternate Leader for both Brazil and Portugal, known as Queen Maria, would fit Civ VI expansion aswell.

EDIT: Perhaps her ability would be "Deceive The Conqueror", would allow her to change capital city into another city if it's on another continent, and would have +1 diplomatic visibility on civilizations that their capital doesn't share same continent as her capital.
Ability to change capital city to any city on another continent is free whenever an enemy civilization has declared war on her within 10 turns duration, but can be used only once per 30 turns.
Also she has an Unique Unit "Caçador" when she's leading Portugal or Brazil, which replaces Ranger, gain +10 Combat Strength if Fighting on another continent where isn't her Capital and gain 1 Free Promotion if Trained in any city on another continent where isn't her Capital.
//Such bonuses gives her Strength to fight wars on another continents just like Victoria and gives her ability to change capital city just like Dido, though her bonuses are mostly Diplomatic and Militaristic/Defensive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom