Which Religion?

Saxony

Chieftain
I am just wondering which religion you are going to pick first? I personally am going with Tengerism because it is a newcomer and I do not know so very much about it.

Very good question... I wasn't planning to focus on religion in my first game, but if I get to found one, I'll chose one that suits my civilization (like Arabia -> Islam).

well i plan on having a match with 2 of my m8's and some cpu player's, thought it might be fun to call my religion the "true Church of jay" and force spread it all over my friends cities until they believe in the one true faith :lol:

I'll roleplay religion most of the time, choosing the historically accurate religion for the civ would be fun. :)

Since the religion names are purely cosmetic, I think I'll choose Sikhism (coolest symbol) and rename it.

well i plan on having a match with 2 of my m8's and some cpu player's, thought it might be fun to call my religion the "true Church of jay" and force spread it all over my friends cities until they believe in the one true faith :lol:

I appreciate this plan :D.

Is it any possabelaty that I can add a poll?

You can't anymore, but moderators can. Just send the moderators (Camikaze, Leif or me) a PM with the settings (exact question, the answers [okay, obvious here; maybe an "i don't care" and "whatever fits my civ" option should be in], if you want multiple choice, if votes should be public), then we'll add it.

Celtic Paganism (gonna choose buddhistic icon, because it partly resemble Taranis wheel) - playin' for Celts ofc.

I will probably do the religion that suits the civilization best, but I am planning on playing as Carthage first so I have to be creative with that

I'm choosing the one of the icons and renaming it "Gayism", the first religion that openly encourages homosexuality among its followers. :)

Celtic Paganism (gonna choose buddhistic icon, because it partly resemble Taranis wheel) - playin' for Celts ofc.

What was the religion of Celts called as ? That might help me roleplaying when playing as them. :)

What was the religion of Celts called as ? That might help me roleplaying when playing as them. :)

This is still unknow as far as I know. Celts don't have any real self-documentation since they preffered oral tradition. Things we know about them comes from mainly Greek and Roman historians who wrote stuff.

So name it as you like ("Taranism" or "Druidism" for example).

I just think it's kinda funny/absurd that the Celts, who will probably most likely to claim a religion first, will choose from a list of religions that dont represent them in the least (besides Christianity in a weird way). I still want to see Paganism as an option!

Top Bottom