White Hand for FFPlus

Other races won't get any food bonuses from their newly Iced lands. They'll get access to a few improvements, but that's it... The main benefit will be preventing the spread of Hell. Even good civs will become susceptible to it at AC 90 when I'm done, so the only fool-proof method of preventing it is to either stop the counter from raising, or converting to the White Hand.

Iunno. That seems kinda difficult to pull off to me. Then again, I don't know jack about programming. Good luck, brag :goodjob:

I think this sounds like a great idea. ^^ I loved playing the Illians before and kind of wished that they would have had their own religion.

Off topic a little, what exactly do Penguins do when they appear on your land? Is it just a flavor event?

Also, it'd be nice to get an ivory resource in Polar regions from Walruses. (or is it Walri?) That or Muskox.

Anyway, Looking forward to turning the world into one giant ice cube. :D

You gain +1 :) in the nearest city for Penguins :)

Thanks for that. Very cool. ^^

Ivory is already set to spawn in ice/tundra, due to wild Mammoth. ;)

Oh really? That's good then. I have just never seen that resource yet. :(
Maybe I am unlucky like with Gorillas. :p

How about a resource for the sea ice then? Walruses (Walri?) could be on there.

One other thing that has always bothered me. Silk is found in Northern areas frequently. If I had the skills, I wouldn't let it occur there but I'd have some new resource for the Tundra like Muskox. Their fur is quite valuable (Qiviut - ᕿᕕᐅᖅ) http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qiviut

Maybe that is already covered under furs already but it would be cool to have Muskox riders. Slow as heck but very tough. :D

Yes, resurrecting an old thread, but I was reading over an older thread, saw a good idea, and didn't want to forget it. :lol:

Basic premise: White Hand is founded upon completion of the White Hand ritual. Makes it available to both the Illians and the Frozen.

The Frozen are completely blocked from any religion but the White Hand. They are demons from that Vault, and are inherently part of the religion. Nothing to change it.

The Illians, on the other hand, have no overriding reason to be forced into that religion, other than Auric. Hence the amazing idea....

Auric as a unit/trait granter and being forced to follow White Hand until he dies also seems to work. In that way, losing Auric (or rejecting him and deleting the unit) allows for the Illians to explore other options. Lot of work in that to make sure that the Illians still "work" with those changes.
Basically, Auric forces the Illians to follow the White Hand. If he's killed, or you kill him, you are able to adopt other religions... But your traits, and access to Auric Ascended, is lost.

To go with this, we can add a new Illian leader (Probably Raitlor from LENA, I like the art) that has access to all religions, but is blocked from the higher level Illian rituals... Basically, everything past the White Hand. If she founds the Hand, and adopts it, she will be able to produce certain rituals, I think everything up to Draw/Ascension (She can't ascend, but you CAN get Drifa or freeze everything). However, if you produce these rituals you are from that point on locked into the White Hand religion.

Could even possibly allow for a leader switch to Raitlor if Auric dies... I think that would make people too willing to loose him though.
So... Thoughts? Opinions? I'm quite fond of the idea. :lol:

Now that I have this idea... It's very possible this religion will be in game soon. :goodjob:

I just thought I'd mention that when Auric was a kid the Illians of his home village of Brigdarrow were worshipers of Danalin. I think This was before the emergence of the Overlords, but I suspect that they quickly gained popularity among followers of Danalin making OO the Ilians second most favored religion. The conservative nature of RoK would probably make it the best 3rd choice.

The 3 Illian minor leaders who are priests of winter should probably also only be able to follow the White Hand.

I just thought I'd mention that when Auric was a kid the Illians of his home village of Brigdarrow were worshipers of Danalin. I think This was before the emergence of the Overlords, but I suspect that they quickly gained popularity among followers of Danalin making OO the Ilians second most favored religion. The conservative nature of RoK would probably make it the best 3rd choice.

The 3 Illian minor leaders who are priests of winter should probably also only be able to follow the White Hand.

Honestly, I've dropped those three leaders as uninteresting. Can't have them complete Ascension. Raitlor would be different, as she'd be allowed religions... Makes it interesting IMO.

[to_xp]Gekko;8637554 said:
anyone should be able to adopt the white hand imho... I wanna play white hand doviello :D

They can, they just can't FOUND it. ;)

At the moment, no White Hand for you. :lol:

One thing I'm thinking of doing.... Because of the way the religions work, if it does NOT have a tech set to found it it will pop up in the first few turns of a game. So how about giving it the standard religion treatment, but allowing the Frozen/Illians to found it early?

Would mean it would need at LEAST the requirements for the White Hand ritual, along with a higher tech or two.

Is there any lore on Raitlor, or just a pic?

I'm not sure I like the idea of a female Illian leader. The Illians are a very traditional society with strict gender roles. They do permit and even encourage girls to train as archers, but would not like women leaving the city walls to command forces abroad.

If I were to add a female Illian leader I'd likely choose Auric's childhood friend Kirien. Ashes of Brigdarrow contains plenty of backstory for her (admittedly all from when she was 14 years old), but I'm not supposed to share the draft Kael sent me so I probably shouldn't share it. (She may have decided to live among the elves rather than go find some other Illian village anyway.)

I'm not sure why, but I feel it is important to mention that the Illians (and presumably also the White Hand religion) demand strict monogamy. They are the one civilization that consider marriage truly permanent, living far longer than the individual. Widows and widowers are never permitted to remarry in any circumstances. (I wouldn't be surprised if they took this further and demanded that one only ever mates with his or her first love, as even without the formal vows moving on with one's life is seen as a betrayal of the precept of stasis. That might help explain why the Illians have never had a high birth rate and were the least populous of the Illian factions.)

I tend to think that normally only the Illians should found the White Hand, but that Disciples of the Hand should be added to the disciples that can be rescued from dungeons and so those who rescue one can found the religion even without the Illians.

Is there any lore on Raitlor, or just a pic?

I'm not sure I like the idea of a female Illian leader. The Illians are a very traditional society with strict gender roles. They do permit and even encourage girls to train as archers, but would not like women leaving the city walls to command forces abroad.

If I were to add a female Illian leader I'd likely choose Auric's childhood friend Kirien. Ashes of Brigdarrow contains plenty of backstory for her (admittedly all from when she was 14 years old), but I'm not supposed to share the draft Kael sent me so I probably shouldn't share it. (She may have decided to live among the elves rather than go find some other Illian village anyway.)

I'm not sure why, but I feel it is important to mention that the Illians (and presumably also the White Hand religion) demand strict monogamy. They are the one civilization that consider marriage truly permanent, living far longer than the individual. Widows and widowers are never permitted to remarry in any circumstances. (I wouldn't be surprised if they took this further and demanded that one only ever mates with his or her first love, as even without the formal vows moving on with one's life is seen as a betrayal of the precept of stasis. That might help explain why the Illians have never had a high birth rate and were the least populous of the Illian factions.)

I tend to think that normally only the Illians should found the White Hand, but that Disciples of the Hand should be added to the disciples that can be rescued from dungeons and so those who rescue one can found the religion even without the Illians.

Here's all the 'fluff' from the LENA thread...

After Auric's death, she convinced her people he had in fact ascended to true godhood and was watching upon them. She then succeeded to make peace with the Lanun Alliance through a vassalage. However, due to the neverending winter, the Alliance soon freed the little Illian state. She's the highest religious figure of the state. She lost many of her sisters who were willing to took Garduk but failed and died. She has two sisters left (they were 7).

As for making it a dungeon religion... I can just imagine the complaints already. Either it should be unfoundable by anyone but the Illian/Frozen, or it should be foundable by anyone.

Top Bottom