Who is going to be our GM?

Downtown and Splime sound good.

I accept the GM nomination, IF I'm not the only one. If downtown is in, that's great.

OK, Downtown and Splime are the ones nominated. Give it say 5 days and if no one object or posts other nominations then they are in.

Ok, and methos will help moderating the forum and sticky the threads and stuff.

I don't think there'll be any objection to these guys, so please welcome Splime and Downtown as our new GMs!

:clap:

If one of you guys backs down I could step up and do it. I have been active in the previous parliaments and have no life.

Draft a Constitution and maybe a Bill of Rights. Parties can come later. I say we stick with the old map.

Stick with old map, old history. Maybe switch to a better system of representation. (didn't we all think the old one was stupid after two or three days?)

I'd love to see parties come later but they seem to evolve naturally anyways.

Old map would be preferable.

My only comment is that I think the old history is a bit dense... In addition, I don't possess the old map anymore...

Also, history should be a more optional thing, in my opinion.

EDIT: However, I found the map here:

City locations aren't something I know, and in addition much of the old history was lost when Provolution went insane.

If you don't like the history we could always use the old (I'm talking 2003 old) Eleutheria history. Its a bit easier to understand since it only had one set of colonizers.

If you can find that, it should be good.

lurker's comment: I still have access to the old info.

And you are free to use it, Methos. :)

And to Splime. I never went "insane", we were a group that tried to leave due to a long series of continuous oversights and transgressions.

The forum was barely moderated, flamers could do what they wanted, the GMs did not want to do anything for the game, but fought very hard to maintain their positions. Any attempts to shape up the game was shot down by a handful.

Basically, 5-7 people blindly believed in the original GMs, and defended these to the bitter end.

The work put into the game was scoffed at, and we decided to make the original GMs actively work for the game, not just resist replacement. The best way to do this was to remove the history, and most of the players that wanted to leave, was the most active contributors to it. That said, allowing all nationalities to immigrate made history-writing much harder than it should be, accommodating natives, Russians, Ninjas, marxists and what have you, and we got a very ahistorical setting.

Of course I understand I got unpopular by some due to the continuous flaming by a few, that made the rest think like them. And of course I should have tried to find others to help out the game. I asked Methos, Splime, Octavianus, and a whole host of people, I even tried to reason with your demigod Perfection and his quiet assistant Abgar. I am not joining this game, but mocking me alone would not help you at all, the real blame was by the original GMs, and those that defended their inaction and later on active sabotage to the bitter end (actually Abgar was reasonable).

Splime, and if you persist mocking me in absentia, I may happen to come back and participate a bit more, just to make you more aware.

To the rest of you good luck with the game, and please make the country first, so you do not have to make a 6 month long committee session to create it by "democratic inputs", before you even think about the constitution.

Best regards

P

@Provolution hopefully we can change the game enough so similar things don't happen. More moderation sounds like the key. And I do hope you come back.

And you are free to use it, Methos. :)

And to Splime. I never went "insane", we were a group that tried to leave due to a long series of continuous oversights and transgressions.

The forum was barely moderated, flamers could do what they wanted, the GMs did not want to do anything for the game, but fought very hard to maintain their positions. Any attempts to shape up the game was shot down by a handful.

Basically, 5-7 people blindly believed in the original GMs, and defended these to the bitter end.

The work put into the game was scoffed at, and we decided to make the original GMs actively work for the game, not just resist replacement. The best way to do this was to remove the history, and most of the players that wanted to leave, was the most active contributors to it. That said, allowing all nationalities to immigrate made history-writing much harder than it should be, accommodating natives, Russians, Ninjas, marxists and what have you, and we got a very ahistorical setting.

Of course I understand I got unpopular by some due to the continuous flaming by a few, that made the rest think like them. And of course I should have tried to find others to help out the game. I asked Methos, Splime, Octavianus, and a whole host of people, I even tried to reason with your demigod Perfection and his quiet assistant Abgar. I am not joining this game, but mocking me alone would not help you at all, the real blame was by the original GMs, and those that defended their inaction and later on active sabotage to the bitter end (actually Abgar was reasonable).

Splime, and if you persist mocking me in absentia, I may happen to come back and participate a bit more, just to make you more aware.

To the rest of you good luck with the game, and please make the country first, so you do not have to make a 6 month long committee session to create it by "democratic inputs", before you even think about the constitution.

Best regards

P

First of all, I have not been "mocking you". I just wanted to phrase what happened in one sentence, and move on. Sorry if you were offended by that.

However, I have no problem with you participating in this, and in fact your participation would help this greatly, so long as you try to avoid being so polarizing.

First of all, I have not been "mocking you". I just wanted to phrase what happened in one sentence, and move on. Sorry if you were offended by that.

However, I have no problem with you participating in this, and in fact your participation would help this greatly, so long as you try to avoid being so polarizing.

I am not intending to be polarizing, but I may be direct, yet not as direct as referring to someone as "insane". I am certain "offense" was not the intention of the term used, but I am quite certain it was meant for something else than an abbreviation. But forget that for now.

I hope you have learnt a lesson or two too, like not covering for certain GM-types and player types at the expense of those trying to do some work, or to wait for months in anticipation of someone with a massive reputation to lower themselves to help out a simple demogame, or to condone flamers.

I will look at this from a distance, and if the gamer-environment looks fair and reliable, with no flamers, no vote rigging, no early party-whipping and with a solid premise for setting up the gameworld and time-definition before any laws and parties are organized, I may be interested.

If I am positively surprised, I may even start to contribute, and help out positively. Also, I guess Methos is a better Mod than the previous Mod, which we never saw do anything good here. I hope Mod policing now should tackle the original flamer, not those defending themselves.

I am there, but under certain conditions I need to see materialize first, or I am certain someone will waste someones time.

I hope this works out.

Right, and lets all start with a clean slate, tabula rasa.

And all hail Downtown and Splime

Can you two knock the fighting off before it kills this new parliament before it even starts?

Can you two knock the fighting off before it kills this new parliament before it even starts?

Half of the problem with arguments in the old MP was that even when the "fight" had largely subsided or slowed down, people kept saying "stop fighting", which ended up continuing the "fight". So please, don't make comments like these unless the argument is a serious concern to the Parliament. I know you were just trying to help, but this was a fairly large issue in the previous MP.

Top Bottom