Whomper's 5 man Smackdown SPOILER

Whomp

Keep Calm and Carry On
Retired Moderator
If you call me Francis...I'll kill ya. If you're BCLG, ThERat, Ynnek or DaveShack and you're looking at this. I'll kill ya. GO AWAY!

GO

A

WAYYYYYY!

I assume that you wanted a starting position as well??

Francis is just one letter off from my name, but still, I too always thought it lacked a bit of charm.

Now this is a lucky start if you ask me ;)

OK here's the start. I decided to make a run at the wheel. I don't think I can win a philo run and I'd like to find the horses. I spy a coastal along a river which is nice. I started a Endiku and he'll explore directly west and then north. The game is on regent so happiness shouldn't be much of an issue.

Anyone out there? Heeeeeeeeeeeeelllllooooooooooo?

If lurkers are lurking what would you like me to post here?

you haven't given us much to comment about.

how far have you scouted? what are your scientific plans? how is your growth going? any disappointments?

I've already got a comment in another spoiler about the lack of forests and I apologize but they are there. thinking back on it, I probably should have put a few of them closer to the starts.. but live and learn

Well that's one of the reasons I haven't posted a pic. The terrain is like Iowa. Flat with a couple hills. :zzzzz: :D

I chose to research wheel in hopes of a endiku/horse combo. That should be sufficient early game.

They shouldn't mess with you anyways.

B I hope you noticed I stole your commentary for my sig.
Interestingly enough I'm the first to grow.

I moved to the BG tile a turn early but it's ok since I can't get the settler out early by mining so a road is being constructed. There's not a lot to see yet but the capital might be ringed with a river. Bonus for us ags. The non river BG was only for this turn and will shift to the rivers BGs on growth.

Yeah that's where it belongs. Nice match of growth for the settler btw. That FP sure looks yummy.

Here's a view of the terrain. Where are all the trees? :p

and F11

There ARE trees.

I guess I'm allowed in here now, and my name is NOT Francis...or even FrancEs. :p

Did I read correctly that Tubby said there are forests somewhere? Maybe he put them on a couple of 1-tile islands in the middle of the ocean, huh?

Is there a save I can look at? or does it have to come via email? I'm gmaharriet AT Comcast DOT net. Even cheerleaders need to see what's going on. :mischief:

Edit: Geez! Nobody's posted on this thread in 3 months and I've already crossposted with BEF. :rolleyes:

Here's the save. The password is w. Anyone who cheats looking at this save will get banned. I have eyes in the back of my internet. :p

I moved the capital off the BG tile to a commerce tile. I'll probably let Harriet's Place take the mined BG on one turn since we'll get an extra shield on growth in 2.

Attachments

• Smashmouth_Whomp_2800BC.SAV
    74.7 KB · Views: 168
I opened the save with CA2 only. In the box with the password, it also gives an option for "always use these creditials" that I don't recall from opening some of the old KISS saves. What does it mean? Who are our human opponents?

I see it's set at Regent level. It will be nice having 2 citizens born content. :)

Eek. I uploaded the wrong save. That's the save to be sent to TheRat. I will upload DaveShack's tonight. Sorry.

I see it's set at Regent level. It will be nice having 2 citizens born content. :)
There's a few checkboxes when you setup a PBEM, and depending on which you check, the game will either show as regent or not, and will either be regent or not. But it doesn't always go together. I'm playing 2 monarch PBEM's that show up as regent dificulties, this might be likewise.

It is B. The game is actually with monarch type happiness. It's why I want to get the factory as a 3 to 5 (if possible) instead of 4 to 6.

It is quite possible, fortunately :) Same for the wines' 6-turner. Factory #2 on wheat will have to run 4-6 though.

So far as I know, happiness is exactly the same at both Regent and Monarch, two born content. It's the AI bonuses/discounts that change, and with only human players, it wouldn't matter. :D

Top Bottom