Who's your un-favourite leader?

my un faves:

Isabella
Cyrus and
Qui-something(i cant remember his name but he's Chinese*im not saying i hate Chinese.just him.*)

You're talking about Qin Shi Huang, the dude who united all of China.

Anyway, if playing against counts, Monty (goes without saying), Toku (can never make him happy/open borders, so grouchy), and Izzy (I might as well declare war on her on the first turn I meet her, I'm never the same religion, and war will happen eventually). I SO hate them :mad:! Now, to PLAY as, I don't really have an un-favorite leader.

I absolutely hate Monty. Also the Incan dude is a tech-whore, a wonder-whore and a backstabber. Joao can also cause problems.

I just hate Montezuma because he's a jerk. :backstab: :( He always tries to kill me, so therefore I can't touch him. His traits are nice for war, though.

Montezuma is a jerkface. Though now I know his strategy and he still decides to war me. :evil:

To play as: Kublai Khan, possibly the weakest character in the game.

To play against: Shaka. He's the ultimate zerg-rusher.

I disagree. Toku brings HUGE stacks, but Napolean brings them where they can hurt.

I disagree. Toku brings HUGE stacks, but Napolean brings them where they can hurt.

Napoleon trains more units than toku or montezuma, and just as many as Shaka.

AIs tied #1 with highest ibuildunitprob:

Napoleon
Mehmed II
Shaka
Ragnar

All at 40. Opinions may vary, but this is a fact: the above four are tied for highest in the game, and on average they will be.

At least mehmed doesn't declare at pleased.

I hate playing as the Incas or Aztecs, just due to the names of their cities. Especially the Aztecs have cities with almost identic names. Sounding stupid? Yeah, maybe, but I also dislike their UU's, Quechuas and Jaguars just don't do it for me. My fav leader is Shaka, he's cool by me and the Impi is wicked IMO

I hate playing as the Incas or Aztecs, just due to the names of their cities. Especially the Aztecs have cities with almost identic names. Sounding stupid? Yeah, maybe, but I also dislike their UU's, Quechuas and Jaguars just don't do it for me. My fav leader is Shaka, he's cool by me and the Impi is wicked IMO

Kind of funny that you complain about the Incan or Aztec city names and then say your favorite civ is Shaka! :lol:

Kind of funny that you complain about the Incan or Aztec city names and then say your favorite civ is Shaka! :lol:

But playing as Shaka is just not so annoying. OK, Zulu's city names are unpronounceable as well, but their UU is devilishly good. It's good, cheap and really useful. The Qechua is just too early, after the initial phase of the game he won't be helpful to you anymore. A jaguar is cool, but very mediocre for a UU. On the other hand, the Impi helps you a lot with early warfaring, I mean really early, before 2000 BC. Obliterating all your pesty neighbours in a couple of turns and overtaking their capitals is just fun.

But playing as Shaka is just not so annoying. OK, Zulu's city names are unpronounceable as well, but their UU is devilishly good. It's good, cheap and really useful. The Qechua is just too early, after the initial phase of the game he won't be helpful to you anymore. A jaguar is cool, but very mediocre for a UU. On the other hand, the Impi helps you a lot with early warfaring, I mean really early, before 2000 BC. Obliterating all your pesty neighbours in a couple of turns and overtaking their capitals is just fun.

Quechas help you immediately at 4000 BC by being a resourceless combat I Archer-killer, especially on the higher levels where the AI starts with Archery. Don't get me wrong, I love Shaka; he's a Rex-monster with a great UB (even though his UU is a bit "meh"), and a fun AI opponent. However, the Quecha Rush is one of the most effective opening plays in the game.

It's also funny that he doesn't like the civ leader banned from all HoF usage for being overpowering.

But at least he didn't say he liked Khmer city names.

Isabella.

I think her UB is weak to near-worthlessness, don't get me wrong it's a nice bonus but castles aren't cheap enough to be in every city and aren't in the game for long enough to really make a difference. I can see that a Conquistador rush would be pretty much unstoppable unless you manage to get Rifling before you get overrun but I just don't play like that, I have honestly never done a cuirassier rush, I prefer infantry and seige even if it is slower. And while spiritual is strong I really don't like playing it, and expansive is not that great either.

But more so than that it is how the AI Isabella plays. She ALWAYS builds a huge stack of doom with tons of cavalry and siege, and ALWAYS sends it at me with no provocation just because we ALWAYS have different religions, despite the fact that we are ALWAYS on opposite sides of the continent. She is really strong in the early game but, if she hasn't made one of the stronger AIs crush her yet, she ALWAYS gets stuck in the middle ages and gets hopelessly behind in tech while still spamming stacks of knights and trebs to attack my muskets/rifles/infantry. The worst part is she doesn't even like me if I join her in buddhism. She is totally incompetent, SUCKS at strategy, makes everyone her enemy, and always ends up the weakest nation around by 1500 AD if not earlier.

Toku, Charlie, and Joao are also annoying, but not nearly to the extent of Isabella and I don't really mind playing as them.

you play noble though Lemon if I recall correctly. You need the AI to start with archers for it to work properly so monarch+.

Isabella.

I think her UB is weak to near-worthlessness, don't get me wrong it's a nice bonus but castles aren't cheap enough to be in every city and aren't in the game for long enough to really make a difference. I can see that a Conquistador rush would be pretty much unstoppable unless you manage to get Rifling before you get overrun but I just don't play like that, I have honestly never done a cuirassier rush, I prefer infantry and seige even if it is slower. And while spiritual is strong I really don't like playing it, and expansive is not that great either.

But more so than that it is how the AI Isabella plays. She ALWAYS builds a huge stack of doom with tons of cavalry and siege, and ALWAYS sends it at me with no provocation just because we ALWAYS have different religions, despite the fact that we are ALWAYS on opposite sides of the continent. She is really strong in the early game but, if she hasn't made one of the stronger AIs crush her yet, she ALWAYS gets stuck in the middle ages and gets hopelessly behind in tech while still spamming stacks of knights and trebs to attack my muskets/rifles/infantry. The worst part is she doesn't even like me if I join her in buddhism. She is totally incompetent, SUCKS at strategy, makes everyone her enemy, and always ends up the weakest nation around by 1500 AD if not earlier.

Toku, Charlie, and Joao are also annoying, but not nearly to the extent of Isabella and I don't really mind playing as them.

She is? Isabella in my games is always crushed early, either by me or an AI. But when she does survive for a while, she becomes dangerous.

Elephants, weak? What game are you playing?

Elephants aren't weak, but out of something like 50 games (that I've started) and the hundred reseeds I've encountered Ivory in something like... Five. Can't really rely on having them.

Top Bottom