Why don't more people play multiplayer?

Hi all :)

Whenever I try to play MP and join a game, people always kick me out... hence I cannot join. Having no gaming friends in real life makes it rather difficult to get such an MP going to begin with. If anyone ever would like to include me, please let me know. Be warned that I am not playing on Deity level, but have only managed Emperor so far, thus I am easy prey. :crazyeye:

Have a good day everyone.

Whenever I try to play MP and join a game, people always kick me out... hence I cannot join. Having no gaming friends in real life makes it rather difficult to get such an MP going to begin with. If anyone ever would like to include me, please let me know. Be warned that I am not playing on Deity level, but have only managed Emperor so far, thus I am easy prey. :crazyeye:

Feel free to come to Civplayers, we have no issues with new to MP players, and as a No Quit community we are much better than Pub games. Our friendly staff will be glad to get you setup https://discord.gg/ubwTNdd

CS

Feel free to come to Civplayers, we have no issues with new to MP players, and as a No Quit community we are much better than Pub games. Our friendly staff will be glad to get you setup https://discord.gg/ubwTNdd

CS

Thank you so much! I will do that, and am looking forward to play with your members. My Steam & Discord name is Astrale. :)

Last edited:

It might be autokick... certain games do that if your ping is terribly bad in relation to the host. Also, if you don't have auto-download set in Options for games with mods, you will also be kicked.

Thank you so much! I will do that, and am looking forward to play with your members. My Steam & Discord name is Astrale. :)

No issues, I see Hannah helped you out earlier today, there are lots of games all the time, hope to see you in one!

CS

Just wondering why more people don't play multiplayer?

I was thinking on the matter, decided to get myself quasi-acclimated by playing a solo local network multiplayer @ online speed, setting the timer to 180. I quit the game ½ way through, as I was getting all stressed out due to the time constraints. Also, some of my units were getting knocked off by the AI due to a lack of proper planning. It was a bloodbath, I think I must have taken 3 casualties.

It might be autokick... certain games do that if your ping is terribly bad in relation to the host. Also, if you don't have auto-download set in Options for games with mods, you will also be kicked.[/QUE]
Salue Amtrak... Could you please tell me where that "auto-download" option is, as I cannot find it? :crazyeye: All I know is that Steam always downloads stuff, including updates, but I don't know where that setting is.

Salue Amtrak... Could you please tell me where that "auto-download" option is, as I cannot find it? :crazyeye: All I know is that Steam always downloads stuff, including updates, but I don't know where that setting is.

When you start Civ and you see the main menu come up, you select Game Options, then ensure that the Auto Download Additional Content option on the right side is enabled... easy peasy.

When you start Civ and you see the main menu come up, you select Game Options, then ensure that the Auto Download Additional Content option on the right side is enabled... easy peasy.
Yeah, all my mods show enabled where you said. Thanks so much! :)

I tried my first game yesterday on multiplayer
Playing France , I was scouting with my worker and it got killed by a German scout.
I cornered the scout with a slinger a a scout and I soon as I shot the German scout it moved , healed himself on my turn and took an upgrade on my turn before I could attack him with my scout.
It felt very wrong , like someone is using cheat codes
That was on the regular multiplayer from the game

Top Bottom