Why no thread ratings in OT?

Most threads no one thinks to use it. In the threads that they do, it's typically only a handful of people.

I think I rated one thread...

or did I?

I've probably rated a dozen. I pretty much only ever rate 1 star or 5 stars though, just to indicate "good" and "bad".

So I know this was basically asked a few months ago, but does anyone rate threads at all anymore? Every now and then I used to make a thing of going through and rating all the threads I had read, but it eventually became disappointing to not see it have any effects. :sad:

So I know this was basically asked a few months ago, but does anyone rate threads at all anymore? Every now and then I used to make a thing of going through and rating all the threads I had read, but it eventually became disappointing to not see it have any effects. :sad:

I already explained the problem; too many clicks.

It should be a single click to assign a rating once I have a thread open.

Thread rating allows the following:
1. Want to troll another poster? Give all his threads a one star rating. I saw this done on another forum to the forum egotist with the desired effect. (BTW That one was funny IMO).
2. Give all threads a rating which is the opposite of the rating deserved in an attempt at a general trolling of the whole forum.
3. Give every thread a 1 star rating and await the aggrieved post "what's wrong with my thread"?

Thread rating has it's uses for trolling, particularly if few people rate threads. Anyway, that's intended to be an illustration of the downside of a thread rating system.

Top Bottom