Why the Luchuirp world spell can create an early advantage in the right circunstances

Despite the thorough and accurate numbers in comparing axemen to wood golems, I'm still not convinced this means Luchuirp are inferior. My first reason for thinking this is that my own experience has been otherwise, even though this seems like a flimsy reason.

It is not too hard to get axemen with 5 experience, or aggressive axemen with 2 experience that will give wood golems a good fight at a bargain price. But to get those promotions, you have to give up something else that would give a civilization some alternative benefit. For example, if you don't need to run apprenticeship to get 2 extra XP, then you don't have to lose a turn to disorder switching to the civic. You also don't have to pay 10% extra hammers for military units. You can stay at the low upkeep cost of the starting civic in that category, or you can use a different civic for some other

What if the comparison is made:

- Use 6 axemen and 4 wood golems as a more realistic (IMO) fight
- Is it possible to include the cost of switching to apprenticeship (add the number of lost hammers to the cost of the axemen?
- Add the 10% extra hammer cost to axemen (from apprenticeship)
- Don't include trait benefit

Horatious I learnt from this thread. :)

Top Bottom