Why unit name changes if unaltered play?

marconos

Prince
I was playing along in my 1st BUG game and I noticed that some units had their name changed IE Macemen changed to Heavyfootman, Heavyhorseman (not sure what they are) etc.

What is the reason for the name change? Is there a place where I can get a list of what else is changed?

Seeing this makes me concerned that something actually may be changed in how things play. Is this really just a cosmetic thing and nothing is actually changed in the game?

Sorry if these things have been answered in any places. I do love the improved interface and messages. Makes playing much better.

Those are actually new names given to existing (and unchanged) units by Varietas Delectat that is part of BAT. The reasoning is that the graphics for these units doesn't always carry a mace or musket (the Heavy Horseman replaces the Cuirassier I believe). The changes are to their names only, and I think those are the only two that are renamed.

If you want more info, I'd look at the VD 4.0 thread to get a list of all changes.

Excellent thanks. I'm always paranoid about altered game play.

The only game altering mod I have used is the unofficial patches before. Those I liked. though not using solvers with the BUG/BAT mod. I'm too lazy to figure it out and read about all the things I need to setup ;)

Thanks again for the info.

Installing the UP with BUG takes only a couple minutes, honestly. If you get the installer for the UP, it will put everything in the right places for you.

How do you handle the spots where both pieces mod the same file? I am currently running BUG/Bat in mod mode and would want the fixes from Solvers patch to be used with the BUG/BAT mod. I know how to make it work with the standard game, just would want it with but BUG mod.

How do you handle the spots where both pieces mod the same file? I am currently running BUG/Bat in mod mode and would want the fixes from Solvers patch to be used with the BUG/BAT mod. I know how to make it work with the standard game, just would want it with but BUG mod.

BUG (and thus BAT by inclusion) already have the same Python fixes that the Unofficial Patch has. So to use the UP, you just need to put the DLL in your Assets folder (or BAT's Assets folder if you want it to only work with BAT and not normal games). You can put the XML file for Collateral Damage in the Assets folder as well.

In fact, if you install the UP using the installer, it should work with both BUG and BAT immediately.

Top Bottom