Will we get any civ6 news at E3?

I doubt it. They didn't announce R&F at last year's E3. There's not anything else in the foreseeable future to announce at this point.

The suspected expansion for XCOM 2, codenamed TLE has the highest likelihood of being announced. Especially as WotC was announced during E3 last year.

Only in the unlikely event that the second expansion is somehow planned for 2018, I suspect.

There was nothing at E3 2017 regarding Rise & Fall.

Ninja'd

It'd be nice to get an announcement, but I don't think we will with R&F just being released 4 months prior, and I don't think they'd announce map packs or anything at E3.

Plus there have been no DLC updates to the Steam depot.

I love me some Xcom. Bring it on! I would love to hear DLC plans but I think any expansion news is probably 6+ months off - hope I'm wrong.

I doubt it. They didn't announce R&F at last year's E3. There's not anything else in the foreseeable future to announce at this point.

The suspected expansion for XCOM 2, codenamed TLE has the highest likelihood of being announced. Especially as WotC was announced during E3 last year.
anons in the XCOM general thread on /vg/ are having fun coming up with ideas as to what TLE might stand for
Tygan's Laser Enhancements is my favorite so far

Plus there have been no DLC updates to the Steam depot.
As the prophecy foretold, there will be no mid-expansion DLC, and no expansion prior to next spring, which means no announcement until at least the fall.

If we're LUCKY, there might be a fall patch to accompany the announcement of the next expansion.

The only thing left for debate/discussion is whether @Eagle Pursuit is correct and there will be 2 expansions or whether I, the cynic and bearer of doom, am correct and there will be only one.

Fallout 5 for me pls. Games in order of hours played: Civ, Fallout, Nethack

As the prophecy foretold, there will be no mid-expansion DLC, and no expansion prior to next spring, which means no announcement until at least the fall.

If we're LUCKY, there might be a fall patch to accompany the announcement of the next expansion.

The only thing left for debate/discussion is whether @Eagle Pursuit is correct and there will be 2 expansions or whether I, the cynic and bearer of doom, am correct and there will be only one.
Whoa, whoa. I didn't say there would be. I just think the evidence implies that there could be. It's still a huge divergence from past behavior.

Whoa, whoa. I didn't say there would be. I just think the evidence implies that there could be. It's still a huge divergence from past behavior.

While less fun than speculation at this point, we really won't have much to go on until we hear what features will be included in the next expansion.

That's when the "will they, won't they?" discussions about post-expansion DLCs, a third expansion, etc. will have more substance to debate over.

Not on E3 but the expansion depot might finally show up on steamdb so we can speculate what the codename means, even though we know it doesn't really mean anything relevant and is probably an inside joke we will never know the meaning of.

Oh - Turns out Fallout 76 is being announced. Woot. As for CIV I'd expect an alternative leaders DLC.

Not on E3 but the expansion depot might finally show up on steamdb so we can speculate what the codename means, even though we know it doesn't really mean anything relevant and is probably an inside joke we will never know the meaning of.

If the next expansion follows the same pattern as R&F, I would expect that stuff to appear in the next 30 days or so.

If I remember correctly, there was a rumor that (in the design phase) CiV was supposed to have 3 expansions. With the decision to can the 3rd due mostly because the base game just lacked the design space due to how much work had to be done to "fix" the vanilla experience. With VI there is such better continuity of design and it appears to have been built with design space in mind (this is not to suggest they "left out" key features, but that there were things that were thought about from day one just unable to be added due to time constraints). I hope we get a 3rd xpac I would like to full flesh out the iterations before we jump ship to the next gen.

Oh - Turns out Fallout 76 is being announced. Woot. As for CIV I'd expect an alternative leaders DLC.
Will be interesting to see the rural take, West Virginia here we come.

Top Bottom