Votes: 75 6.5%
  • No I'll probably just nick my friends copy

Votes: 30 2.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 58 5.0%

• Total voters

Markus6

Prince
Hearing rumblings of dissent in other threads I thought it be interesting to see what the general opinion is. So excercise you're democratic right and if you're answer isn't "YES" be ready with a pretty good excuse. Though personally I'm probably going to wait till it's cheaper and I can get some expansions with it (if i can resist that long).

Undecided, as most of the new concepts don't convince me very much by now and the information about the limited map size really annoys me. I will have a look to the first experiences posted here.

Thats a definitetive YESSSSS

THIS GAME I MUST HAVE

It will be the game I will be playing YEARS to come...

WOW FIRAXIS THANKS

I dont know about anyone else...but I've personally beaten the HELL out of Civilization 3: Conquests.

By far , the best turn based strategy game ever made .

Civilization 4 is a no brainer .

I'll be there at Fry's ( my local electronics store ) with money in hand.

Though , I will need to get more memory and probably a better processor..as the graphics dont look like they'll be as forgiving as the graphics on Conquests.

I'm looking forward to the new challenge and all the improvements.

I'm also going to buy some Visine...that same day.

=)

Civ 4 and this other game called ' Spore '.

Those are my most highly anticipated 'sub' next gen games I'm looking forward too on the PC.

Yes, but I buy a new game every week or so. I'm sure it'll be better than most of the games I buy.

Undecided -

As much as I HOPE that SJ and crew deliver the product (with most of the features) as it is being advertised, I am not sure that they can pull it off.

I am also not a fan of Rock, Sissors, Paper (RSP) strategy games... I think it is a poor decision to move forward with this type of thinking...

IF the AI is FULLY modifiable...

IF there is good feedback from the mod community...

IF RSP doesn't make the game a joke... (I don't neccessarily think that it will BE a joke - just concerned that it might)

If non-bought pre release reviews can provide this information (I hope some of the major mod-community contributers have early access to start their mods), I may buy day of release.

Most likely though (after the civ3 release and patch 3 months later experience), I will wait and see.

The most ENCOURAGING report that I have heard is that the developers are PLAYING the game on a regular basis. There are many games that I play, that I wonder if the developers ever actually played the game at all during development (Front Page Sports 99 and Civ3 among those).

You didn't include "After final reviews" in your poll.

I will probably buy it, but only after at least a month of being released, and after hearing back from players and other reviewers. I did the same with Civ 3 and expansions (thus never went for PTW, and got it free with Conquests).

Right on Slax. Although I feal around 90% certain that I will buy it, I confess that I still don't have enough info to make a final decision. For me the official reviews will go a long way to helping me make up my mind, as will getting a rental copy for 2 weeks from my local game rental place. If I like it, I will certainly buy it :)!

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.

Apologies for the lack of "after final reviews option". I thought i did well to put more than yes/no in :) .

Guess the nearest option for guys with this opinion is "maybe but id have to play it first". i.e. i need more information to decide if it looks like a good game.

Well, I don't like how they implemented combat, religion, terrain, maps, graphics, map sizes, trade, industry, and just about everything except civics and cities. I might buy it just for the last two, but I'm growing more and more doubtful.

But, of course. :crazyeye: Granted, I'm not buying it for the standard game, but rather the modding ability. :D

Im buying a new computer for this one, Civ 4 is Tied for the #1 game I am looking forward to, tied with Battlefield 2 and Star Wars: Empire at War.

But I'm getting Civ 4 first.

Hehe...

You can ***** and whine about some of the things that you hear are going to be in the game and come out and say "Gee I dunno, I'm just not sure if it's worth it", but in the end the game will be worth the money. Sid's not gonna let the most successful series attributed to his name be a flop.

I'll buy it the first day it comes out.

I have more anticipation for BattleField 2...
...sorry Firaxis... :mischief:

Top Bottom