Windows 10

progman was an iconic feature of Windows.

In Windows 3.x, yeah. And while it was available to run in later versions, I would hardly call it an iconic feature in anything after the 3.x line.

Not sure that's the best analogy for you as Vista was widely regarded as a failure.

Same as all Windows versions that actually change anything.
Microsoft gets more love for less work shipping glorified service packs... but that's not something you can do indefinitely.

I don't think that's the problem, it looks bad because it's an awkward compromise cobbling together mismatched parts.

Not convinced about the old-style start menu squished flat, imo the removed visual fluff helped bring order to it (windows 8 start screen was designed to not need such).
3d-ish icons look out of place, but that' a purely aesthetic thing.

Its a step in the right direction from Windows 8. I have read that you can disable Metro more easily in Windows 9. Which is a good thing if you are like me and hate Metro UI.

Yeah, I don't know why you keep pushing this metro talking point. I have now been on Windows 8 for 2 months now and not once have I used a metro app. If you don't like metro, then don't use it.

Calling in advance why Windows 9 will sell better than Windows 8: http://windowsitpro.com/paul-thurrotts-wininfo/microsofts-master-plan-winning-back-market-share

This holiday season, the market will be flooded with a new generation of low-cost Windows-based PCs, tablets, phones and other devices. Many of these devices will be based on existing Chromebook and Android handset and tablet designs. All of them will be just as affordable, if not more so, than their Google-based competitors. And regardless, hardware makers will earn more now when they sell Windows devices, thanks to Microsoft's more affordable licensing.

[...] These changes will have a more meaningful impact on Windows hardware sales through 2015 than will any new features or user interface improvements that Microsoft adds to Windows 9. [...]

So apparently they are just calling it Windows 10 now. Whatever, I really don't care what they call it becuase unless it is 100 times better and amazing and faster, etc, over Windows 7, I don't care. I'm not paying for it :p

That doesn't make him/her wrong though... upgrading to Windows 7 would also have been a waste of money if Vista worked fine for you.

Top Bottom