Windows won't load.

Chukchi Husky

Lone Wolf
When I turn my computer on, it loads up normally until the Windows XP loading screen. Once the loading finishes the screen goes blank instead of going to the login screen. I tried starting the computer in safe mode and instead of going to blank it freezes when a loading bar finishes.

I'm currently using my Wii to type this.

It could either be a hardware problem or a corrupted file that windows needs to load. Try repairing windows from the install CD

I think it was a hardware problem. When I disconnected my external hard drive the computer loaded up normally. When I tried to reconnect the drive when the computer was on the computer couldn't recognise it, and when I tried to connect it to another computer first it couldn't recognise it then it seemed to try but then crashed.

The external hard drive does turn on when the computer turns on and when I turn the drive itself on and the hard drive spins, but the computers can't recognise it. i used the drive to store everything, including all my pictures, photos, music and games.

Try a boot disk. It might be hard drive.

Also, might be driver issues. Happened to me, it went blank. But it worked in safe mode.

The drive might have gotten corrupted somehow..

so, people still use Windows? But seriusoly, try running a Linux CD to see if it is hardware or software?

did you get the right kind? AMD needs a different CD. Or for low graphics computers, you need a different CD

Top Bottom