[GS] Winter (September)(?) 2019 Patch speculation and discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was "surprises" rather than a singular "surprise" - but I think the most we can expect before a potential XP3 announcement later in the year is another patch or two. Perhaps I'll be surprised!
The surprise is that that there's no surprise. It's all a hoax.

Surprise!

Would the sort of activity seen lately be laying the ground work for a third expansion that might be more than a year away? Or is it more likely to be something like a hotfix that might come out sooner? Or is that impossible to tell?

Would the sort of activity seen lately be laying the ground work for a third expansion that might be more than a year away? Or is it more likely to be something like a hotfix that might come out sooner? Or is that impossible to tell?

It looking more like a regular patch to me.

From what I've seen, laying the groundwork for an expansion involves undocumented updates preceding the eventual creation of a DLC module and Depots for the expansion (remember BoomgoestheDynamite?).

remember BoomgoestheDynamite
Which did turn out to anticipate the addition of canals and tunnels. :-D I wonder if they'll provide any tantalizing clues like that if there's another expansion in the works.

I predict a substantive patch in August - not as big as the June one, but including gameplay tweaks, not just bug fixes. Unless this next patch is really big, I don't think the teased "surprises" will be unpaid patches.

If there's another expansion coming, I would expect mysterious activity on Steam starting late September, probably, with an official announcement about two months later. But mysterious activity could also signal smaller DLC, so nothing sure until it's official. And I wouldn't be concerned that we're getting no further paid content unless we hit the end of the year with no activity beyond typical patch activity.

Thanx guys for the regular updates about what is going on behind the scenes.
A lot of activity this close afther the last big patch. looks like another patch and not a third expansion if you ask me.
Which is fine as civ 6 does not really need more content but rather fixing/upgrading what is already in the game.
I would buy any new leader packs do.
Looking forward to more tools for the modding community. Hope it happens soon.

With how poor resource distribution is, part of me wonders if resource requirements for troops should just be removed outright, and any strategic resource instead provides some nationwide boost(including the troops).

i like variety from game to game. I like unexpected twists. I cant say i really enjoy the lottery that is strategic resources. The more i play, the more annoyed i get.

I strongly agree. It is ridiculous how few units can be upgraded and maintained by a large empire with access to most of the available strategic resources (in a standard game). If it is hard on the player, it is brutal on the AI.

Also, it seems to me that oil is virtually always in the ice or off-shore. It should be more plentiful and widely distributed. We wouldn't be worried about climate change if the only place we could get oil from was Antarctica!

I would love Museum getting less frustrating:
  • Arts no longer have to wait 10 turns before being able to change slots.
  • Artifacts can be moved from a non full-Museum, and to an empty slot (no need to switch)
  • Archeologist now have 3 charges, and the Artificat goes to the nearest empty availaible slot building.
  • Add half-themed for museum when one of the 2 critirias is met, (equal to 1 Art or 1 Artifact Culture/Tourism value).
  • Create a lock-button on Great Work screen that prevent AI to demand to trade a Great Work.
And basicly, something for districts as well:
  • Districts are no longer forbidden to be placed on a strategic ressource, luxury ressource, or an antiquity site. The ressource is exploited, but not the yield.
    • Maybe create additional adjacency with it: +1 Production if on Strategic with Industrial Zone, increased gathering of Strategic with Encampment, +1 Gold on Luxury with Commercial Hub and Harbor, +1 Culture for Antiquity Site with Theatre Square, +1 Science for Geothermal Fissure for Campuses.
  • Allow to relocate a district. Basicly, being able to build the district a new time and, at completion, the old one disappear and all the buildings already made are relocated for free.
  • Make districts immune to pillage.
  • Allow to repair pillage buildings with Gold (or Faith).

• Artifacts can be moved from a non full-Museum, and to an empty slot (no need to switch).
  • This x1000! I can only assume they put these rules in for a specific reason, but can’t for the life of me figure out what that reason could possibly be. It wasn’t like that in Civ 5, so it was clearly a conscious decision and not just some kind of oversight.

• Artifacts can be moved from a non full-Museum, and to an empty slot (no need to switch)
  • Archeologist now have 3 charges, and the Artificat goes to the nearest empty availaible slot building.
  • Add half-themed for museum when one of the 2 critirias is met, (equal to 1 Art or 1 Artifact Culture/Tourism value).
  • Create a lock-button on Great Work screen that prevent AI to demand to trade a Great Work.
And basicly, something for districts as well:
  • Districts are no longer forbidden to be placed on a strategic ressource, luxury ressource, or an antiquity site. The ressource is exploited, but not the yield.
    • Maybe create additional adjacency with it: +1 Production if on Strategic with Industrial Zone, increased gathering of Strategic with Encampment, +1 Gold on Luxury with Commercial Hub and Harbor, +1 Culture for Antiquity Site with Theatre Square, +1 Science for Geothermal Fissure for Campuses.
  • Allow to relocate a district. Basicly, being able to build the district a new time and, at completion, the old one disappear and all the buildings already made are relocated for free.
  • Make districts immune to pillage.
  • Allow to repair pillage buildings with Gold (or Faith).

There are mods for virtually all your complaints, and if there are not, I'm sure it would be fairly trivial to make.

1) Allow us to chop/remove anything. Likewise plant or herd something from a trade, theft, or discovery.
2) Better defenses to convince me to not resort to the easy military conquest win option early & mid-game.
3) After buying virtually every GP with faith or money - I think the whole GP scheme needs serious rethinking. Honestly, I'd rather have them random or based on performance triggers, events etc
4) More unique units and leader/civ talents...more civs obviously.
5) More and diverse resources or discoveries that really matter.
6) Better more diverse projects which have there own reward screens and that offer unique dividends.
7) Add a Throne/Treasure/Military Hall/Cultural Bonus room(s). Individual mix and match styles would make for a great addon ($). Think about using historical regal house splendor.

- Tech/civic research time vs building costs rebalance
- Defense pacts with city states
- Redo civ & city state spawn distance and spread. Spreading civs evenly across land masses and less groups of city states banished to odd corners of the map.

Those 3 are my wishlist for a better civ 6

Edit:
- Strategic resource spread tweak and/or unit cost rebalance. Forgot about this one.

Last edited:
I can't imagine what could go in a third expansion; it would need to be some big new feature. All the suggestions I've read are really tweak this, tweak that. I see a problem that some tweaks might please one person, but displease another. I wonder if it would be possible to assemble a list of tweaks that would get universal support? Two that seem to come up regularly are to stop massive CO2 emissions from one poor little ironclad, and to cut the oil requirement from infantry.

They can introduce an economic victory & include a resource trading system. But I agree the game doesn‘t need more systems anymore. It‘s already stuffed. I nevertheless would buy a classic leader pack (Napoleon, Lincoln and co) & theres still about 10 civs they can do that people would buy.

My main ask would be better performance and AI. I‘m not happy with the game as it is but what I want is more basic-game changing I probably need to wait for another itineration of civ or three. :)

Next patch could drop off the oil req for infantry, that unit should be availalble to every civ with the tec.

The more advanced mechanical inf can have the requirement.

I think diplomatic victory, even after teh recent patch, is way harder (i.e. slower) to get than the others. The "vote to take points away from X" is too powerful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom