1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Winter (September)(?) 2019 Patch speculation and discussion thread.

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by acluewithout, Jun 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

Thanx Eagle pursuit for another update.
    Looking forward to what firaxis is up to with coastal cities. And the surprises of course.

acluewithout and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  2. Casworon

Casworon Warlord

Oh wow. Was not expecting it so soon.

We are probably going to have a month of back and forth for all the wrinkles to get ironed out though

RohirrimElf and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  3. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I expect you're right. 2K seems to be able to do a more rigorous testing job than Aspyr's internal QA.

4. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

Coastal cities will now have a penalty to border expansion because you can't draw borders on water.
    Water tiles no longer provide resources because grain doesn't grow on water, you can't mine gold on water, and hammers just splash around in water.

5. Abaxial

Abaxial Prince

There is still the finished map editor to come, of course.

6. Sostratus

Sostratus Emperor

Once I can properly make my own floodplains-assigned river tiles, oh the fun to be had...

Icicle likes this.
  7. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

Looks like there is not as much activity on the next update tread as it did in the past. Perhaps a lot of civfanatics are just enjoying their current civ game (and holidays).
    I am enjoying the last patch update as Victoria myself. (Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam)
    I dont think we hear much in the next 2 weeks from firaxis. 20-24 august is gamescom. Which should flood the social media with info about new projects from multiple developers.

8. Pietato

Pietato Emperor

I have delayed playing England (and the Maori) until the next patch. Did not think it would take this long...

acluewithout likes this.
  9. Eagle Pursuit

Yeah, I've been holding off on them as well.

Jkchart, Pietato and acluewithout like this.
  10. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

I have played both and they are just fine. Very enjoyable games.
    Airports was the bug surprise for me. I forgot they provided powered production.
    Why hold off the Maori? It’s a bit sad the intention is to add 5 iron to Toa, after all the Maori never had any iron IRL.

Icicle and RohirrimElf like this.
  11. Pietato

Pietato Emperor

I do not want to build Lumbermills as the Maori.

Did the devs actually say the Toa are meant to cost iron? That makes no sense if they did, seeing as the Toa are on a completly different tech to Swordsmen, and were advertised as not needing iron.

Icicle and acluewithout like this.
  12. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

pretty sure they said it in a cast and they did update the xml saying Toa needs 5 resources but did not specify what type and so it is ignored. The xml requirement was not there before the patch.
    There is so much about this patch that seems messy. City defence I have been looking at and there is some pretty weird stuff like
    Our own cities seem to have a palace guard of +2 while others have +3 or +8 depending on how they feel... although this is probably Victor
    The 'cities showing 10' bug is more widespread, for example in the modern era the large majority of civs have a city base strength of 60. Now the modern era is era 6 which seems suspicious but how cities update and correct the issue seems to be when they build units in a city but then it reverts. It is weird like they have intended to make a city strength change to match era rather than troop but maybe backed out of half of it.
    City states start at +5 base strength but seem to lose it or in some cases drop behind while bizzairely 1 CS had 70 in the example above.
    Still at least I found out that aircraft do not affect city strength or range and levying troops stronger than your own does not change your city base strength (but modify correctly when in the city)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    Pietato, Duuk, RohirrimElf and 2 others like this.
  13. Pietato

Pietato Emperor

City defense bug still there? Weak.

14. mmenphis

mmenphis Chieftain

The 2kqa_a was updated twenty minutes back. This means no path for this and next week.

15. Eagle Pursuit

I'm not so sure. 2kqa_a and 2kqa_b are way out of sync to the extent that A previously updated almost a month ago while B kept chugging along until just before the Aspyr approval builds updated.

I suspect they are not working together.

Not that it guarantees a patch sometime in the next 8 days. But it also doesn't preclude it.

16. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

Every once in awhile I'll check steamdb just to see what's going on and I was curious if anyone knows why the three social media accounts keep getting added and removed?

17. Eagle Pursuit

No idea. SteamDB says the change is being made from outside Steam PICS, whatever that means.

Laurana Kanan likes this.
  18. Gorbles

Gorbles Load Balanced

After a brief search, I'm guessing the Steam Product Information Carrier System. Not that that explains much. Seems to relate to package management, but specifically for Steam.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  19. Eagle Pursuit

It doesn't really address the question why they are adding and removing the social media links every few days.

20. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Maybe it's a . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.