[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2kqa_b has upgraded. I suppose, If they are working on an patch now, they don't plan release the expansion in February. Maybe later in 2020.

What do you think of this lineup? I’m expecting something along these lines.

Babylon (Hammurabi or Nebuchadnezzar)
Byzantium (Theodora or Alexios Komnenos)
Ethiopia (Ezana or Yodit/Gudit)
Maya (Six Sky or Fire is Born [a longshot])
Portugal (Afonso or Henry the Navigator)
Navajo (Manuelito) or Apache (Geronimo)
Colombia (Simon Bolivar)
Vietnam (Trung Trac, with some mechanism featuring her sister, maybe a unique governor)
Second Leader for China, Russia or Egypt

This isn’t necessarily what I’d choose, rather it’s what I think most likely.

Yup.

Alt leader for China sounds about right too.

I'd guess at least another European country - quite possibly Italy as it's the only top 10 gaming market not explicitly in the game (Rome aside).

I doubt Columbia/Bolivar - my guess Maya will be it for Central/South America. And if they do add another I could almost see them doing something like Argentina led by Eva Perón (there has to be at least one female leader everyone complains about per expansion, no?)

The rest look pretty likely. Geographically speaking, I'd agree a west coast Native American group seems most likely.

Actually. Yup.

Colombia seems like a stretch. can't see Evita. Italy / Venice is a crowd favourite, so I could see that maybe.

The 2kqa_b has upgraded. I suppose, If they are working on an patch now, they don't plan release the expansion in February. Maybe later in 2020.

Boo!

At this point, if we're not getting something like a Third Expansion or DLC released around February 2020, you'd think FXS would maybe say something to manage expectations? I mean, it's honestly not just me plugging for a 3XP. Apart from a "few" others on this forum, there's been a lot of chat on Reddit and Steam about a 3XP. There were even articles tipping a 3XP after the digital survey.

Sigh. October, November are going to very slow months...

*continues to cross fingers* *fingers spasm and cramp*

Still hopeful that they’re just keeping things under wraps to prevent leaks.

Huzzah!

*crosses fingers with renewed purpose and hope*

Italy / Venice is a crowd favourite...

I really hope we get an Italian Civ. I really hope we get that rather than a pure Venice Civ. I really, really hope that the Italian Civ can be played as Venice via Alt Leader or what not.

I really, really, really hope Italy / New Venice isn't just a "one City Civ" mechanics, but is something way more cool. Like Kupe cool. But, you know, Italian. Basically, Italian Kupe. "Mama mia, it-sa choice bro".

Yeah... .

... it's a little late where I am (wherever I am this week). Maybe I should go to bed.

What do you think of this lineup? I’m expecting something along these lines.

Babylon (Hammurabi or Nebuchadnezzar)
Byzantium (Theodora or Alexios Komnenos)
Ethiopia (Ezana or Yodit/Gudit)
Maya (Six Sky or Fire is Born [a longshot])
Portugal (Afonso or Henry the Navigator)
Navajo (Manuelito) or Apache (Geronimo)
Colombia (Simon Bolivar)
Vietnam (Trung Trac, with some mechanism featuring her sister, maybe a unique governor)
Second Leader for China, Russia or Egypt

This isn’t necessarily what I’d choose, rather it’s what I think most likely.

I also think we will get something like this, but I would say that Italy/some Italian representation is more likely than Colombia and Vietnam. Or some people's theory may be true, that we will have a Byzantine leader as the Roman alternative leader, so that Byzantines would be cut to make room for another civ.

Last edited:
No reason to assume a later date. There was a patch October 19, 2017; R&F came out in February 2018.

Of course, we have no idea if there will be a third expansion, but if there is, I don't see the recent QA branch updates telling us anything about timing.

No reason to assume a later date. There was a patch October 19, 2017; R&F came out in February 2018.

Of course, we have no idea if there will be a third expansion, but if there is, I don't see the recent QA branch updates telling us anything about timing.

Boom. You're my new favourite person!

Seems like Colombia has been scrapped from the guess list by popular acclaim and replaced with two-leader Italy.

Now the question is, which two Italian city-states get the leaders? Venice was popular, so Dandolo might return. Lorenzo di’ Medici and Florence? Caterina Sforza and Milan? A Borgia? Maybe someone from Genoa? Piedmont?

I vote for a Medici from Florence plus whichever other leader they can make the most memorable. Just imagine a sinister grin from Cesare Borgia, holding a dagger behind his back. He idly toys with it while amiably talking with you, then suddenly glares at you. His leader ability would be “Machiavelli’s Prince.”

Too. Hard. To. Choose!

I vote no to a Byzantine leader as a second leader for Rome. We want a proper full-fledged Byzantium, not a repurposed Rome still equipped with classical legions and baths.

Keep hoping for XP3, folks!

Last edited:
The biggest doubt for Italy for me is the fact that hints at a Genoa civ were found in the Vanilla files iirc, and the missing Italian CSes initial - like they had a version planned initially and then scrapped it. Otoh that might not mean much - maybe they scrapped it until a planned future mechanic.

I don't know who else would be a likely European candidate though (besides Portugal)? Austria again? Unlikely with both Hungary in the game and Germany representing the HRE.

I really don't see them doing Byzantium as an alt leader for Rome. I'm sure it will come as a separate civ, likely religion based.

On that note actually, the biggest issue with the civ list is possibly the conspicuous lack of a clear domination civ. Maybe a return of Atilla with some sort of crazy nomadic conquest mechanic? Tho we've got enough horselords/ladies already.

Glad to see I'm not the only one taking evidence of a forthcoming patch as no indication that we're not getting a 3rd expansion. At this stage I'd be really surprised not to see one! And it's entirely possible we could be getting another patch late this year as well as an expansion in early 2020.

More content is most likely coming. I still can't rule out that what we do get will be something other than a full expansion, but honestly I think if we were going to get a new civs/leaders DLC they would probably have done that by now, and there's the much-discussed issue of incorporating expansion features into such a DLC. There's the survey, but to me that felt more like testing the waters with Civ VII's DLC plan in mind. So I still think a fully-fledged third expansion is the most likely outcome.

Glad to see I'm not the only one taking evidence of a forthcoming patch as no indication that we're not getting a 3rd expansion. At this stage I'd be really surprised not to see one! And it's entirely possible we could be getting another patch late this year as well as an expansion in early 2020.

More content is most likely coming. I still can't rule out that what we do get will be something other than a full expansion, but honestly I think if we were going to get a new civs/leaders DLC they would probably have done that by now, and there's the much-discussed issue of incorporating expansion features into such a DLC. There's the survey, but to me that felt more like testing the waters with Civ VII's DLC plan in mind. So I still think a fully-fledged third expansion is the most likely outcome.

Test of Time II ;)

Not really but I'd like a new official fantasy scenario.

Not really but I'd like a new official fantasy scenario.
This lightning! (WYSIWYG: The religious staff are really wizards!) :clap: We will get orcs riding on wolves as well as magic stone portals, kind of teleportation features ... :thumbsup:

If we will see content beyond civs, leaders, wonders etc, I'd speculate the barycentre to be improvements of R&F themes with Anton in the lead.

Could it encompass an advantage to have the development / playtime cycles at least a bit overlapping with Humankind??? ("old" game vs. "new" game)

The biggest doubt for Italy for me is the fact that hints at a Genoa civ were found in the Vanilla files iirc, and the missing Italian CSes initial - like they had a version planned initially and then scrapped it. Otoh that might not mean much - maybe they scrapped it until a planned future mechanic.
Maybe they decided they didn't want to make a single city state playable like Venice again and it was too hard to implement.

That being said I do think that some kind of Italy is the most likely new European Civ because of the large market and we've gotten "one" new European Civ in each expansion (Georgia is debatable).

Italy’s also one of the most requested civs. People whet their teeth on Venice, but Civ5’s one-city Civ implementation was a little too eclectic for many. We’re ready now to go full renaissance.

Come to think of it, Italy is perfect for an expansion with a plague mechanism. See the writings of Boccaccio and Petrarch for example.

Colonial-era civs like Portugal and the Maya plus whatever Native American tribe they pick would fit well too. Guns, Germs, Steel, etc.

Now we just need Ramses as a leader for Egypt and we can watch Moses turn the Nile to blood! #10Plagues

So why not to try turn table around when it comes to 3rd expansion ... if there is not going to be 3rd expansion, what would be best evidence - and had it already happend ?!

Possibly some database where they’re updating development of a new game? Don’t know if that can be checked though

Last edited:
Italy’s also one of the most requested civs. People whet their teeth on Venice, but Civ5’s one-city Civ implementation was a little too eclectic for many. We’re ready now to go full renaissance.

Come to think of it, Italy is perfect for an expansion with a plague mechanism. See the writings of Boccaccio and Petrarch for example.

Colonial-era civs like Portugal and the Maya plus whatever Native American tribe they pick would fit well too. Guns, Germs, Steel, etc.

Now we just need Ramses as a leader for Egypt and we can watch Moses turn the Nile to blood! #10Plagues
I do remember people going crazy when the plague doctor mask was teased in the trailer for GS(?)...

Honestly, the best way to ensure we do get an XP3 is for us to keep talking about how much we want one.

So here goes.

As Civ-worthy as Hammurabi is, I feel like I would really like for grouchy, grizzly-voiced Nebuchadnezzar to return.

Honestly, the best way to ensure we do get an XP3 is for us to keep talking about how much we want one.

I can't imagine we don't get one - they've put comparatively way too much effort into patching and promoting the game post-GS. There's no way 2k/Firaxis would keep footing the bill for that if the game was finished.

As Civ-worthy as Hammurabi is, I feel like I would really like for grouchy, grizzly-voiced Nebuchadnezzar to return.

I veto Hammurabi. This is bizarrely specific, but it bugs me when leaders that are in the score ranking are also in the game (even though most of them have been at one point of another). It's like really - I just defeated Augustus Caesar in the game, but I didn't rank as high as him on the leader board. Though I guess with some of the meta backstory the game, I can think of him having the high score but not playing well that round.

I veto Hammurabi. This is bizarrely specific, but it bugs me when leaders that are in the score ranking are also in the game (even though most of them have been at one point of another). It's like really - I just defeated Augustus Caesar in the game, but I didn't rank as high as him on the leader board. Though I guess with some of the meta backstory the game, I can think of him having the high score but not playing well that round.
Geez I'd hate to be Dan Quayle right now . . .

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom