1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[WIP] Converting Wonders to Tiles

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Ekmek, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

Thanks, but it still didn't work. Is there some config.ini I need set up?

By the way I converted all your wonders to br2 - now its just a matter of converting to gr2. But i really wish I could test them myself instead of back and forth posting these.

Edit: This is what the sql mod looks like. Nothing loads from it.

2. Pazyryk

Pazyryk Deity

OK, fixed some errors in there. Try now.

Attached Files:

3. Craig_Sutter

Craig_Sutter Deity

Just spitballing, but now the wonders to improvement thing is working, are there other graphics that might be used as improvements as well. For example, could the city graphic be used as an improvement in whole or in part. I mean, when the castle or walls are built, they show up as part of the city... could they be used as improvements as well. Or for that matter, could the whole graphic of a city be used as an improvement... for example, might it be used as a Metropolis improvement which would be buildable around a city. And here's another crazier thought... could unit graphics be adapted into an improvement. I'm not a 3d artist, but since the format is similar, might not 3d unit graphics be adapted as animal-based improvements such as pastures with their horses? Or the 3d unit graphics be used for resources?

4. Ekmek

yep. all of them. but for city graphics - unless i rig it to something with a random skeleton - will look the same on every tile. I haven't found a skeleton that will move them around. I think the plantation stuff does but not sure if it will work as an improvement.

Thanks Paz! i'll test it out.

5. Pazyryk

Pazyryk Deity

To test pillaged graphic, use Fire Tuner:

Move a unit onto the plot. Make sure unit is selected. Then type:
    Code:
    UI.GetHeadSelectedUnit():GetPlot():SetImprovementPillaged(true)
    You can un-pillage it by using false.

There are a few other buildings with "wonder-style" graphics that aren't really wonders. For example, Colosseum. I'd add that one to my list of wonders. (I know there are more but I can't think of them.)

6. Ekmek

One fxsml was the wrong letter but I fixed it and it works. Thanks!

The states change so I'm just going to make a tile that starts pillaged when built. Thanks!

7. Ekmek

8. regalman

regalman Reckless Dolphin

Wow!!! Looks awesome
    So every wonder has their own graphics? Except for pillaged ones as you said

So what about the time it takes to build a wonder now? And only one of each per game?

9. Ekmek

these are just the graphics for those wonders listed. how its handled depends on the modder

I guess there is a way to have a wonder create a "pyramids worker" and have them build it in the radius of the city its built.

10. Nutty

Nutty Deity

11. Craig_Sutter

Craig_Sutter Deity

Or you could skip the worker and have lua place the wonder on a hex in city radius based upon whatever criteria you want to set...

12. Pazyryk

Pazyryk Deity

Thanks Ekmek for all your effort on this! I'll have a bunch of these in our next mod release. Eventually I'll use them all.

One of the early ideas I had for Éa is that Great Engineers (mostly) would build wonders on plots (a few like Great Library and Oracle would be made by other appropriate GPs). It's not totally simple to mod, since you have to work out mechanisms to handle uniqueness (assuming they are) and AI. But it is possible to do without dll modding. Anyone should feel free to borrow this idea if they like.