[C3C] WIP: New Terrain Pack Based on 0.A.D Graphics

You've made me want to reinstall 0 AD, nick!

(also, subscription post)
(also, is it a bad sign if I started wondering about the serious dilemma of whether to place a city on the -mountain- isthmus or just one tile to the north-east to get to build the Ironworks before focussing on the graphics themselves?)

Very nice work so far! It reminds me of Sn00py's Greener, but with better textures. This has brought to light some things I hope we can improve on with C7, like alpha blending of overlays and drawing rivers below forests.

I totally Agree :yup:

Very nice work so far! It reminds me of Sn00py's Greener, but with better textures. This has brought to light some things I hope we can improve on with C7, like alpha blending of overlays and drawing rivers below forests.
Leave an opening for shifting between terrain graphics according to season or events, please? Civ3 already changes them in cases of global warming, but some more extensive changes would be, shall we say, useful for modders. :deal:

Leave an opening for shifting between terrain graphics according to season or events, please? Civ3 already changes them in cases of global warming, but some more extensive changes would be, shall we say, useful for modders

If possible, the addition of "shifting terrain graphics" would indeed add an extra appealing touch for the Game. Of course a Seasonal Terrain would require four sets of Terrains but it would be an excellent addition and other Graphics could be added within those sets of Terrains to depict events and additions such as Buildings, Statues, Droughts, etc...

Love the possibility of shifting terrain! Rivers under other overlays would be great as long as you can still tell there is a river there. 0.a.d is a beautiful and very fun game!

I've been making slow progress with this terrain but not enough to show yet perhaps. Have been working on the forests, mostly, using Vuldacon's excellent advice. They are looking much better already. In about a month my wife and kids are going for a 6-month visit to her home country so I will have enough time to actually get a lot of modding done if I can also maintain my motivation. Hopefully, can finish the terrain set.

nick0515... Happy you are continuing work for your New Terrain and having 6 months "Home Alone" will allow you more uninterrupted time to complete it. As you gain techniques to establish more of what you want Graphically, your Motivation will certainly not only continue but reach a new high. The faster you move toward something, the faster it moves toward you :hmm::yup:

nick0515... There are many people looking foreword to your new Terrain as it already is looking Great.

You know, All Big Things are made of Many small things and each small thing does require time and effort but when all are finished and together, it becomes a synergistic Big Thing... a Masterpiece that is enjoyed by multitudes.

Top Bottom