[WIP] The Hand Of History

We are still working out the details of the stone age. When its done if you would like I could do it as a separate mod.

Glad to hear from ya Shqype. I'm not so sure Dom will want to help that much with a project that moves as slow as this so I would like to have you stay. ;)

Update:
We know have a new tech tree, ok I've only created the first 20 techs, but when its done there will be 200 to 250 technologies. I should have it done by New Years (I think). I also have The Navy SEAL doing XML, so we should be moving a little faster. :D

So, is this project dead or alive? :)

Believe it or not, it is apparently very much alive. I got a status update from Zebra9 two days ago that was very impressive. I'm not sure if he would like to elaborate or not, but you should be pleasantly surprised in due time.

Yes, it's still alive. But because those involved have many other obligations, it doesn't move as fast as some would hope.

In due time, in due time.

Yes ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!
But as Shqype said its not moving as fast as some would like. Now to give you an idea of how soon it could be done, I am projecting a release within the next 2 months. This release will include at least the following, revamped tech tree (around 200 techs, might not do all 200 for balance sake), revamped civics, revamped units, revamped eras, multiple types of UUs, revamped traits, revamped promotions, and hopefully more.

So keep on watching this thread, it wont be through until the end. (duh:))

This release will include at least the following, revamped tech tree (around 200 techs, might not do all 200 for balance sake), revamped civics, revamped units, revamped eras, multiple types of UUs, revamped traits, revamped promotions, and hopefully more.

In other words, the whole game is revamped. :lol:

Good luck! Don't worry about time constraints. Those of us watching this project carefully will still be interested in it no matter how long it takes. :goodjob:

A whole new game? I think they're on to us, Zebra9! Seriously, Hand of History is not going to simply be a cut-and-paste combo mod; it really is a revamp, and if half the features we brainstormed make it in, the result will be incredible. Thank you all for your continued support and patience.

Ok, I am DLing a SDK that Shqype sent me, it compiled bug free and makes many useful changes. I just have to test it. ;)

I'm not here just for compiling an SDK, ya know. Send me the mod and I'll help you test it.

Well, I just finished reading through this entire thread...

I have to say I'm impressed with both your ambition and your progress so far. Sounds like it'll be really fun to play.

Keep up the good work, and keep on keeping on!

Shiggs

looking forward to it :dance:

Why dont you finish your MOD first before you do all that other Stuff??
Well this MOD is actually beyond the scope that my schedule will allow, but it will allow me to make python applications. So if I finish some of the other things I will be able to use them in HoH or to make HoH.

I'm going to be putting out a more simplified version sometime in the future.:thumbsup:

This is still around and I'm now getting my thoughts organized. I will be working on the tech tree over the next few weeks. If you have ever made a tech tree for a MOD you know what I'm going through. Seeing as how we are completely remaking the tech tree with 150 - 250 techs, it's enough to drive you crazy (but it still worth it thanks to Vrenir)! So I am beginning work on it, so if you have any tech tree suggestions let me know (also if you have any tips on tech tree creation).

Since this project will celebrate its first birthday on June 1st I will be trying my hardest to get something playable done. So to do this I decided to treat it as if I had just announced it. So attached is a new outline/plan in the form of an outline for a paper.

I plan to tackle the tech tree head long seeing as how it is the backbone of a MOD and the most daunting task ahead of us. I have also attached a tech list of all 243 technologies! We also plan to have techs that are unique to civilizations (I'll get that list sometime soon), but we have not made the unique tech list yet so if you have any ideas let us know.

Sincerely, Zebra 9

Attachments

• May 9, 2008 Zebra 9.doc
    24 KB · Views: 80
  • Techs May 9, 2008.doc
    68.5 KB · Views: 58
That's looks interesting, will have to try it out. Thanks for the input. I'm going to be getting to work on the tech tree within the next 2 months, and things may begin to slow down for me real soon. :)

This is still around and I'm now getting my thoughts organized. I will be working on the tech tree over the next few weeks. If you have ever made a tech tree for a MOD you know what I'm going through. Seeing as how we are completely remaking the tech tree with 150 - 250 techs, it's enough to drive you crazy (but it still worth it thanks to Vrenir)! So I am beginning work on it, so if you have any tech tree suggestions let me know (also if you have any tips on tech tree creation).
I know how huge task it is to make completely new tech tree. I just checked what techs you have planned for your mod and seems there's plenty of the same techs as I have in Rise of Mankind 2. May I suggest that you check tech tree from my mod and use it as a base for your own - it still leaves lot work since there's quite a few techs that I haven't included in my mod and you would of course have to re-arrange all techs to get more space for those techs that you plan to add... but using RoM's tech tree as base you might cut down the time amount to half that you'll be spending with tech tree. I spent months for that task when I was designing my mod.

Take a look at Rise of Mankind's tech tree ;) There's currently 242 techs in that tech tree - few have been added since that screenshot was taken.

Ok, I'll check it out. I'm about to come in on some free time in about 2 or 3 weeks, and will begin all out war on the tech tree and any other THH related jobs that are required to get this off the ground! :ar15::sniper::ar15::sniper::ar15::sniper:

Ok, it's been awhile, but I am still working on this. I was waiting for Vrenir to send me some files he had been working on, but he appears to have disappeared (he hasn't responded to my PMs). College is starting in 4 weeks so I will have less time, so I have decided to change gears and not work on a tech tree. Instead I will work on some of the core features such as UUs, tech development, add some balancing units, etc. I have also started a web site at ArcadianQuest.com (currently its under construction and has some pages for a a Big Point game I play), I hope to finish the forum soon and host the development there so anyone working on this can discus their ideas in private.

Top Bottom