WoC Lite(made for merging)

In this latest release, you have included CvStructs.h in both CvGameCoreUtils.h and CvUnit.h, it states that it is used for modules, but for SPECIFIC ones, or for the whole modular loading system? I don't see precisely how they are used so far.

It is not needed to be included. I left it on by accident. WoC Super Spies uses it for sure. Not modular loading.

Okies, kinda figured. Still sorting through everything and deciding precisely how it is all done. Threw me for a bit of a loop when I realized that CopyNonDefaults Readpass1 works backward of how Readpass2 does, but made one of the major bugs I had so far quite self-explanatory when I realize that one :)

Doing up my readpass2 CopyNonDef's right now, and I noticed that in TechInfos you ensured that the OR and AND arrays were set up during readpass1 for the sake of the CopyNonDefs to happen later. But much later in the file when I get to Projects, you actually have some checks in place to ensure that ProjectsNeeded does NOT exist at all. It really seems like this setup forces the ProjectsNeeded to completely overwrite anything previously loaded. And shortly after that in EventInfos, AdditionalEvents, EventTimes and ClearEvents are completely ignored by CopyNonDefaults, which seems to state that they wouldn't ever load properly at all.

Anyway, not 100% sure I am reading these all correctly just yet, but I think I have a fairly good grasp on what is going on with them, and it really seems like they don't work quite right (and Projects isn't used much, so might not be noticed yet, while events are always a bit hard to tell if they are working properly AND the tags are seldom used, so won't manifest errors that anyone would notice without watching for)

I know there were projects loaded from modules, but like you said they are not used as much. So I am not sure really. I took what was there right now. If you find anything wrong and have a fix then it would always help.

It is late here, but I began modularizing all of RevDCM now into modules. I am happy that I am having success with a few things I did not understand in C++ before. Really simple things. Anyway I am breaking RevDCM down and will send something up when I am finished. I put in the WoC Inquisitions and the WoC Super Spies though. Unit Stats as well. Removed the RevDCM options menu for now. Well will check more tomorrow to see if things were missed.

working Ok except for:

WoC 1.2 xpsp3 .svn2935 with module Sea Cities

---------------------------
XML Load Error
Failed Loading XML file modules\Sea Cities\Techs\Advanced Submarines\ZZZ_Advanced Submarines_Civ4TechInfos.xml. [.\FXml.cpp:133] Error parsing XML File -
File: modules\Sea Cities\Techs\Advanced Submarines\ZZZ_Advanced Submarines_Civ4TechInfos.xml
Reason: Elementet bEnablesSeaColonies används men är inte deklarerat i DTD/Schema.

Line: 10, 25
Source: <bEnablesSeaColonies>1</bEnablesSeaColonies>

OK

XML Load Error
LoadXML call failed for modules\Sea Cities\Techs\Advanced Submarines\ZZZ_Advanced Submarines_Civ4TechInfos.xml.
OK
Realy impressed with all now except for the above

That is a different version of the WoC. WoC 1.2 and WoC Lite only share the basic codes. So this will not support WoC 1.2 files or any WoC other besides Lite versions.

Just to try to clear up some confusion the WoC will be probably in the future will be in 3 editions.

WoC Lite like the basic one here I have. I will keep the WoC Lite as simple as can be. So people with only XML changes can add WoC to their game.

The WoC crew are working on another version WoC Core to replace the older Core that will merge in RevDCM based on WoC Lite and more additions from the WoC.

Last is the WoC Full version or named WoC 1.2. It has a lot of new features, but many features were not completed. The new things are still being worked on. One big thing in it was quantified resources in process of making.

Now I also I have a WoC Lite Rapture this is only for fixing Rapture code. This should not be used for anything really but Rapture. It is totally experimental.

So this thread is about WoC Lite things. WoC Full 1.2 should be discussed in the WoC threads.

Johny,

Can you check out this link?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=322590

I added a building, in WoC format for RevDCM, called the Slave Cage. The building works. However, I want to limit the building to those civs, who have chosen the Slavery civic and deny it to those who have not. The python code on the link appears correct, yet it fails to work. Any ideas on how to fix the problem?

Edit: Python callbacks are now enabled, code now works.

Respectfully,

Orion Veteran :cool:

Does it work in the xml folder but not in modules?

I know very little python other than fooling around with interfaces a little.

If it works fine in the XML folder but not in modules not sure off the top of my head.

Edit: Thought there was an xml tag for prereq civics, but was wrong.

Sorry, sent you the wrong upload. I had a question. Read somewhere that the .exe only could handle 138 units,138 resouces etc. What about woc-lite's big font. Does it work? or do we use the 138 sets. Thanks and again sorry wrong report to you.

Hold on. Don't worry nothing wrong with fonts just try it out. No problems. Fonts are only the symbols in the text. Has nothing to do with units. I will try to explain.

Before the WoC 1.2 had it set to 184 religions and 184 corporations. This is setting that always loads this many spaces into the exe. We appeared to have everything working. Later I checked and noticed that while all of the religions and corporations were showing some of the symbols for resources did not show.

Well I turned down how many things were being loaded into the exe from religions and corporations to 138 each. So then presto it is working to display the resources. It works fine.

This is only for the fonts has nothing to do with how many units or anything else can be loaded. I don't think anyone will ever actually use all of the fonts. If someone makes 138 Religions, 138 Corporations, or whatever 200 or so resources I would like to see it.

Thanks and also thanks for the claification about WoC Lite and the rest. Great. It is easy to mix all together when you are in a hurry trying out all the exicting new things. A little thing though could use a download forum with "what can be used to what system." of modules and utilities. Only a wish from a lazy user who love to test the different new but have only two computers to work with. A Vista and an XP sp3

Yes all of the different versions is getting confusing really. We are in the process of trying to remove some of the confusion by making it clear what each version is. Oh the latest RevDCM merge I did i added the scoreboard from Thomas SG and fixed some of the text for the BUG button. Anyway I did bother yet with Better BTS AI 0.75 still 0.70. I will look at it in the future though.

Sorry sending up one update now to the RevDCM dll. It will be the same link.

I had the CvCustomEventManager.py still in importing the SpyEvents. I just put that into the BUGEventManager instead. Sorry forgot that.

The attachment file shows a RevDCM diplomacy error I received on first contact with a rival civ:

Can you please fix it?

Respectfully,

Orion Veteran :cool:

Attachments

• CvDiplomacy Error.JPG
    CvDiplomacy Error.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 68
Here is a patch for it. I did not have the diplomacy infos xml changed for the RevDCM quite bothering us feature in. I am going to upload a new file to the main download.

I guess it has to be in the main XML because of the python file.

Top Bottom