1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

WoC Lite(made for merging)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Mod Components' started by johny smith, Apr 12, 2009.

1. TAfirehawk

TAfirehawk WoC Team Manager

SVN is here: https://worldofciv.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/worldofciv

I checked Mantis and didn't find anything about the savegame problem....I know it was discussed in IM so we may not have a record of it.

If it is still haunting you after your vacation then I will email mrgenie about it.

2. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

WoC says that you only need to provide the XML you are changing. I am just adding a wonder movie to a wonder which does not have a movie in the base mod. If I put a copy of the whole buildinfos XML for the building and the art defines and movie in a directory in the modules sub folders it works. But if I remove all the XML tags after the movie tag I get an XML load error. What am I doing wrong?

Attached is the before and after I tried.

3. TAfirehawk

Did you include the CIV4BuildingsSchema.xml in the same folder? I am not sure if any other tags are required for buildings....

4. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Yes I had all the other needed files in the folder - as I said the one with all the XML tags works in game. Its just that the modder did not include some of the wonder movies and I want to put them in without changing the main mod and providing them as a modmod for others to use if they want.

If I could find the documentation on exactly what you need in the XML for WoC that would probably be enough for me to figure it out. All the doco I could find was to general and did not explain exactly what to do to XML for the modular XML loading to work. I am well known, at work and by friends, for finding the wrong stuff on the web :).

5. mamba

mamba Deity

You can see what tags are required by looking at the schema. If it says minOccurs="0" it is optional.

Did you try to see if the modification works on its own (by having the regular xml in assets/xml, without the movie definition and the woc movie xml under modules with nothing else thrown in the mix) ?

I believe CIV is lazy and does not load schemas it has already loaded before, so if it had loaded the regular schema before reaching the woc version, it would skip that. No sure here, but I seem to remember something like that happened to me before.

In that case the tags would not be optional (as they are not optional in regular civ) and you would get errors.

Not sure this is the cause, but imo worth a try.

6. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Ah! so thats what TAfirehawk meant - I should be using the WoC schemas. I may have missed that! See, I said it was probably a simple error on my part, or at least I should have!

7. TAfirehawk

My bad, I totally missed the part about saying the schema must be WoC, sorry.

8. OrionVeteran

OrionVeteran Deity

Any plans to update RevDCM to be compatible with the new 3.19 patch?

Orion Veteran :cool:

9. johny smith

johny smith Deity

I am waiting on the jdog or glider to update Revolution at least to 3.19 before proceeding on the merge. I don't think it will so simple for me alone. I am working on Rapture art for a little while. The WoC Full will be updated probably as well to 3.19 or a whole new core will be made. So couple things in the air. There was a big change in the python events in the SDK in 3.19 which is really better just will take some time to do. I am going to wait on others to do there updates first. I may send a Lite only updated up though.

10. johny smith

johny smith Deity

I updated the basic WoC Lite to 3.19.

11. johny smith

johny smith Deity

Resent the file up. Forgot some things lol.

12. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

great work johny,

whats in woc lite 3.19 then?

13. johny smith

johny smith Deity

Nothing new. Just modular loading, TGA indexation, and civics screen.

Going to leave that for people who do not want to add game changes to their mod.

14. keldath

i see,
    good job buddy.

hope rapture is coming along nicely.

ill wait until there will be a revdcm for 3.19, then ill merge your woc lite, or if you intend to merge revdcm as before ill use yours, cause im not sure if glider will pickup woc.

except that there's no events on the released dune woc, there was nothing wrong with it,
    its very stable and im not sure why people on revdcm dont want to have woc revdcm.

15. johny smith

johny smith Deity

Just got WoC Lite Rapture updated to 3.19, and going to send up in the SVN. I did see the slave revolt bug mentioned, and then had it myself. Really annoying. I turned it off in Rapture via xml, but there is a bug confirmed anyway.

16. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

I just downloaded it and the dll still says 3.17.0 and it crashes to desktop right away??:mischief:
    Was ist los?
    Welcher Teil des Landes sind Sie aus?

17. johny smith

johny smith Deity

Well will send it up again. In case I got something crosswired. The number was not changed in the Firaxis files. So I left if alone.

18. keldath

i went through some of the sdk,
    its 3/19 alright.

and yes - firaxis didnt changed the dll's name - still 3.1.7

19. TAfirehawk

It is easy to change to 3.19 in the file info....Firaxis just forgot.

20. xienwolf

xienwolf Deity

Was there anything tricky you had to do for the 3.19 update, or was it all a pretty straight merge deal? I finally sorted out my issue with the savegame (accidentally commented out a uiSaveFlag read statement in CvInitCore). But now I am getting a crash at the instant when the map SHOULD appear (so after main menu, civilopedia works fine, and after selecting Custom Game options).

Attached an image of what appears the moment before the option to do a crashdump appears. It seems to be showing me the Gamefont file, so I am wondering if there is an issue with the TGA possibly which I overlooked in my own update.

Attached Files: