Wonder Ideas for C2C

Thanks! Looks like there are lots of Wonder we could potentially make.

There is quite a variety of sites within the Heritage Sites. Is there a specific type/era of wonders that could use filling? I'd gladly put together a concentrated list from the 900+ entries above.

And not really. The only thing I can think of is possibly wonders for Empty techs.

@Sargon

Some bugs.

Code:
			<BuildingClassNeededs>
				<BuildingClassNeeded>BUILDINGCLASS_NONE</BuildingClassNeeded>
			</BuildingClassNeededs>

1. If there is no building then list it as only <BuildingClassNeededs/> or just delete out the code all together.

Code:
			<PrereqOrFeature>
				<PrereqFeature>
				<FeatureType>NONE</FeatureType>
				<bPrereqFeature>1</bPrereqFeature>
				</PrereqFeature>
			</PrereqOrFeature>

2. Same goes for this. Just deleting the code when not used is probably best.

<iPrereqPopulation>0</iPrereqPopulation>

3. I don't think this should be listed when not used. So just delete the code when not used.

I will fix them for you but just keep that in mind for future wonders.

EDIT: You have the wrong thing for the terrain. It should be ...

Code:
			<PrereqAndTerrain>
				<PrereqTerrain>
					<TerrainType>TERRAIN_SALT_FLATS</TerrainType>
					<bPrereqTerrain>1</bPrereqTerrain>
				</PrereqTerrain>
			</PrereqAndTerrain>

Not ...

Code:
			<PrereqOrFeature>
				<PrereqFeature>
				<FeatureType>TERRAIN_SALT_FLATS</FeatureType>
				<bPrereqFeature>1</bPrereqFeature>
				</PrereqFeature>
			</PrereqOrFeature>

Salt Flats are a "Terrain" and not a "Terrain Feature"

Examples
Tundra = Terrain
Forest = Terrain Feature
Jungle = Terrain Feature
Desert = Terrain
Volcano = Terrain Feature
Scrub = Terrain
Salt Flats = Terrain
Salt = Resource
Flood Plains = Terrain Feature
Dunes = Terrain

Sargon your buttons are now missing the alpha channel. Do you understand how its supsoe to work?

You take an image and then place the border on top of it on another layer. You save the file like a picture with a picture frame and then take it to DXBmp where you add the alpha layer and then save it as a DDS DXT3 file.

Please fix ALL your buttons before you make any more wonders.

As I told Vokarya, having many CIV4ArtDefines_Movie breaks the movie player for some reason. This means that the movies and their definition need to go into the core area.

Also having them in dds format means you don't get the summary of their effects displayed. I use the free version of RAD Video Tools since all I do is convert a jpeg into a bink.

Edit 2 (@Hydro/Sargon) - all Sargon's wonders building files generate DTD validation errors if you try to load them debug because they have illegal empty production modifiers:
Code:
			<BonusProductionModifiers>
			<BonusProductionModifier>
			</BonusProductionModifier>
			</BonusProductionModifiers>
This should be just:
Code:
			<BonusProductionModifiers />

Sargon this is why you need to eithe remove or /> them. Please make sure you do not leave any blank ones.

I came across this list by Hydro:
Some of those are not quite accurate. For instance all the Art techs give a culture bonus to the Art Gallery. Likewise some buildings require more than one tech and thus are only shown on one of the techs in the tree rather than in all the techs it requires (unless you visit the tech pedia page).

The other day I was writing down the techs that are rather barren. Exloding the very end of the tree which is nearly all empty I had on my list ...

- Scraping
- Pictographs
- Resurrection
- Cloud Patterns
- Calculus (which should have a Wonder soon)
- Sextant (Which now has Yacht Club)
- Emancipation
- Expressionism
- Cubism
- Surrealism
- Climate Models
- Ion Propusion
- Astro-Environmental Systems
- Lunar Exploration
- Derivatives
- Planetary Exploration
- Cloud Computing
- Bioinformatics

Note that the later Space one should have stuff when we start adding space stuff.

Anywho I will and have been trying to fill these in with stuff. We just had so many empty techs and not every new thing fits well in empty techs.

I will try and match wonders (even if cultural/aesthetic) to some of those using previously mentioned lists and my girlfriend's artistic knowledge/books.

They are no longer wondrous they are common. Not only that but some don't have stats that are wondrous either, some are down right a waste of time or at best national wonders. Also the more you add the higher the number you need to make the city's limit at each cultural level. (I am assuming that the limit is higher on small maps than it is on huge maps since you can have more cities.)

We also have a whole bunch in game which should not be because they do nothing as they are awaiting new tags to perform their benefits.

They are no longer wondrous they are common. Not only that but some don't have stats that are wondrous either, some are down right a waste of time or at best national wonders. Also the more you add the higher the number you need to make the city's limit at each cultural level. (I am assuming that the limit is higher on small maps than it is on huge maps since you can have more cities.)

We also have a whole bunch in game which should not be because they do nothing as they are awaiting new tags to perform their benefits.

I agree it is possible to have too many World Wonders. If it got to the point where nearly everyone, nearly all the time, had a World Wonder they could be building, I would say that there were too many. And if there were multiple wonders with identical stats, then they would have lost the uniqueness that is imo the only necessary quality of a WW. If you avoid those two cases - especially the latter - then they will always be 'wondrous', however many of them there are (they are all unique after all which is the opposite of common).

National Wonders are things that all civs must have access to (for balance usually, and occasionally realism), and that they should only have once. These (imho) are the two criteria for whether it's an NW. It is fine for some of them to have greater benefits than some World Wonders.

The only other thing this discussion raises for me is that I would like it if the tech leader wasn't able to hog all the Great Wonders. I can only think of introducing random prereqs, like the terrain/resource requirements for culture wonders, as the only way to stop this from happening. (As above, having so many that the tech leader gets bored of building them, or can't finish them all before you catch up, is not an option worthy of consideration:lol:).

I'M BACK!

I have Stratosphere

Much better with the icon/button. Please post the other buttons with the same border and correct alpha channel. Thanks!:goodjob:

Well if you don't check off unlimited wonders then a civ can only build so many. That means civs lagging behind can actually make some wonders rather than the leader building them all.

Top Bottom