Wonder limits

Mazzini

Chieftain
Is there any way to make obsolete world wonders not count for the wonder limits? 5 world wonders is really paltry, and makes a lot of wonders not worth building in a non-terrible city (i.e.) the oracle. I could maybe forgive this if obsolete wonders didn't count towards the total, but it's really lame that a city can have 5 obsolete wonders doing nothing for it and be unable to build more. At least national wonders can be demolished. To avoid the world wonder problem I play with unlimited wonders, but this means unlimited national wonders too, which I would prefer not to have, as it tends to lead to it being optimal to put most or all of them in the same city...

You could always just WB the old wonders out when you wanna build a new one. Its not really cheating since in real life they just demolish something to make room for new stuff anyway

Is there any way to make obsolete world wonders not count for the wonder limits? 5 world wonders is really paltry, and makes a lot of wonders not worth building in a non-terrible city (i.e.) the oracle. I could maybe forgive this if obsolete wonders didn't count towards the total, but it's really lame that a city can have 5 obsolete wonders doing nothing for it and be unable to build more. At least national wonders can be demolished. To avoid the world wonder problem I play with unlimited wonders, but this means unlimited national wonders too, which I would prefer not to have, as it tends to lead to it being optimal to put most or all of them in the same city...

the way to set up the max wonders and national wonders to suit your needs is to edit the GlobalDefines.xml file in the Assets\XML folder. Search for MAX_WORLD_WONDERS_PER_CITY. the two national wonder is below the world. Set the number to what you prefer where -1 means unlimited. I use 12 Wonders and 7 National wonders when I play. But then I play with AAranda's wonders and Vincentz Guilds.

Hi,

Im editing the GlobalDefines.xml for making able to build more wonders per city, but the number is fixed to 4, does anyone know why?

thanks a lot

Hi,

Im editing the GlobalDefines.xml for making able to build more wonders per city, but the number is fixed to 4, does anyone know why?

thanks a lot

That's because that limit is overridden in GameInfo\CIV4CultureLevelInfo.xml.
Game is designed to have different wonder limits for different cultural levels. Right now there's no difference between different cultural levels, but it could be activated whenever we choose to do so. At the moment there's no difference for balancing purposes.

Top Bottom