Wordle

Didn't do Wordle (or Quordle) yesterday, but today's, using a stolen— *ahem*... 'borrowed' starter, was relatively straightforward; got it in four again
Spoiler Wednesday May 18th :
ADIEU
Spoiler :
MOUNT
LOUSY
SCOUR
...and three new Quordle starters got me a(nother) 'Birdie' Achievement (5/4/7/6)
Spoiler :
DOUBT
REACH
SLINK
Spoiler :
_ _ A _ H plus R, ?, ? = GRAPH
_ R _ N _ plus O, N, G = PRONG
_ O I _ _ plus L, A = VOILA :rolleyes: :coffee:
_ _ _ C H plus I, T, ? = WITCH

I am slightly embarrassed to admit that despite finding 3 greens by my 4th guess, the correct solution to today's Wordle did not even occur to me (for much the same reason as @The_J ).
Spoiler :
Stupid double letters :mad:.
Then I beat Quordle with another birdie (6/5/4/7). Admittedly, the 4th word was found after very much a lucky guess at a word that looked mis-spelled (to me), but given the previous poor showing, I'm not going to complain too loudly that I got the right answer...
Spoiler :
BIGOT
DUMPS
REACH
Spoiler :
_ _ A _ _ plus M, P, S, A = SCAMP
B U _ _ _ plus I, D, ? = BUILD
_ _ A L _ plus O, ?, ? = KOALA
O, S, E, ?, ? = NOSEY

Man that is a tough one, took me 54 guesses to find it. Found a few top-1000 similar words well before that but they weren't remotely similar enough to the actual word to point me in the right direction.

Finally got the 25th-closest word on guess 47, then on guess 51 guessed a word that is very similar to the actual word (has the same root, not the same suffix), that was apparently much farther away from the actual word than a few other words I guessed.

Spoiler :
Guess 47 was "Market," Guess 51 was "Commerce", guess 54 and the actual word was "Commercial"

Hah! Using one of yesterday's Quordle solutions as a starter, I got today's Wordle in three (Hard mode). That doesn't happen very often, so after yesterday's failure, I'm feeling a little better now!
Spoiler Friday 20th May :
BUILD
STARE
Spoiler OK, this was arguably a very lucky guess — but I don't care... :
GAMER
:bounce:
Quordle didn't go quite so well, though. Three new starters gave me 5 greens on one solution, 1 green + 3 yellows on two, and 1 green + 2 yellows on the last, but the second solution turned out to have a doubled letter, and I needed two attempts to get it (8/6/7/4)
Spoiler :
PROUD
FLATS
MINCE
Spoiler :
PLACE
_ R _ _ _ plus D, I, E, ? ≠ DRIVE :aargh:
D R I [E] _ + ? = DRIER
_ I _ E _ plus N, V, ? = GIVEN
_ _ A _ _ plus U, L, I, ? = QUAIL

Last edited:
Spoiler :

I've started looking for QU words whenever a U shows up, unless there is an obvious OU word. This has decreased my frustration quite a lot.

Started today's with XEROX

I followed it with poor play, repeating yellow letters in the same spot, and lucked it in 6

Wordle in 4, wasn't playing hard mode but ended up guessing as if I was

Spoiler :

S T O N E
L O N E R
H O N E D

M O N E Y

Yesterday I dreamed about Quordle o_O.
I tried to get to the right website, but whatever I tried, I got other guessing games with random outcomes.

Wordle today in 4, Quordle in 4/7/8/Fail.
Spoiler :
I had _AGER, and went for PAGER with my last guess :mad:.

Using last Friday's Wordle solution as my starter, I found 4/5 letters of today's solution on my second guess (Hard Mode). Unfortunately the still-missing letter was the first one, and I tried every possible option before the right one...
Spoiler Monday May 23rd :
GAMER
Spoiler Four greens, and it still took another four guesses, dammit... :
SINGE
TINGE
BINGE
HINGE
:aargh:
Also used the same word as my first Quordle starter, but man it was nasty today. Three of the four solutions included duplicated letters, and one of my starters turned out to have given me all the letters to two of those — but of course I didn't realise that initially, so I carried on looking for 'missing' letters. I got the last solution by the skin of my teeth (5/7/9/6)...
Spoiler :
GAMER
TULIP
SYNCH
Spoiler :
_ A _ E R plus G, ? ≠ WAGER
_ U _ _ _ plus E, R, S, N = NURSE
N _ _ E R plus W, ? = NEWER
G E N _ E plus R = GENRE (with "G _ N _ _ plus E, R, ?" from my starters, I had actually already solved this one in my head, but since that wouldn't have given me any new letters, I left it until later)
_ A _ E R plus G, ? ≠ RAGER (Poop. Well then, it can only be...)
EAGER
:whew:

I got Quordle in 4/8/6/7

Spoiler :
Didn't your earlier guesses tell you guys there had to be two E's in three of the words?

Top Bottom