Worker 'turns to complete' is astronomical

Jamesds

Great Scientist
There is a definite bug regarding the number of turns a worker is going to take to complete an improvement, although it doesn't have any effect on gameplay (thankfully - I wouldn't want to be waiting this long for a bloomin' jungle to be cleared!!)

Whilst in a game, if I click on a worker order and it gets to work whilst another unit becomes active, regardless of the order given (I have seen this happen with building a mine, road, and cottage I think) it sometimes shows 2147483647 turns to complete (see screenshot). That's 2^31 - 1, so I guess there is an overflow involved here. I have submitted the save for all the good it will do.

Anyway, good job Firaxis for a successful expansion pack! :goodjob:

Attachments

• worker-turns-bug.jpg
    worker-turns-bug.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 233
  • worker-turns-bug.CivBeyondSwordSave
    316.2 KB · Views: 134
Here it is again, fully reproducable (I hope...).

Instructions:

1. Load the save
2. Select the worker outside the captial city
3. Build a cottage (another improvement might cause it...haven't checked)
4. The warrior near to the lions will be selected and you will see the 'turns to complete' in the box near the lower left corner.

Funnily enough, it looks like the box is describing how to build the cottage on the square where the warrior resides which is selected for movement immediately after. It says 'must be built within cultural borders', 'requires bronze working' since it will 'chop down forest'. The screenshot will show this better. Maybe this isn't a bug, but it's annoying cause the box doesn't disappear so easily.

Screenshot:
Spoiler :

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-2880.CivBeyondSwordSave
    62.4 KB · Views: 69
The problem occurs when you press a button on the UI that causes a worker to build something AND the next unit is auto selected AND has no button at that position on the UI. At this point it shows the popup for the previous action but the time to completion is -1.

By the way, this error exists since vanilla and has been reported from the very beginning.

At least, it is only display....

By the way, this error exists since vanilla and has been reported from the very beginning.

At least, it is only display....

ok, I didn't know that. Yes, at least it is only display.

Top Bottom