World War II in the Pacific

I have been playing this mod pretty hard this last week since time as allowed and I just wanted to share my thoughts.

First...I just want to say job well done. This mod took a lot of work and it really is one of the best mods for the civ series

I really like all the scipted events they probably add the most to this scenario

There are some request I would like to make to the creator just help evolve this mod

1. Give all civs more starting worker units...or dastically reduce the time to build a worker..(like no more than 1 turn usually) I think the AI and player both waste a lot of turns making workers when they could be supporting the war effort

Everything else I have noticed is within the AI

*AI never seems to use amphibious attack even when all attacking units have the amphibious promotion

*Japan never advances past the first island in Alaska after the spanwing even occurs

*AI consistantly using unprotected transports in open water leaving them as extremly easy targets for other war ships....the word convoy doesn;t seem to be in the vocab

*Does AI use the ranged bombardment feature? I have yet to find proof of this...or if it does it's just really bad at it....Example....Armican fleet spwans in southern pacific unloads troops and attacks island....but never uses the 4-5 ships right next to the target to weaken it before it invades.

*I have also noticed that the AI when watching enemy moves that they constantly move out of a city...then move right back in...then move once again outside ...wait a turn or two...then move back in....etc....etc...
This is especailly ture when the AI is on an island. I am not sure what it is trying to do...but it just looks dumb

*Also every game seems to play out the same way...The Japonesse take control of most of the south pacific islands...(mainly because they are undefended) then they take a a couple settlements likes Hong Kong and a couple in mainland china...then everything pretty much freezes until the end date....neither team seems to advance....I would like to see the japs try to invade Austrailia more agressively or even see the allies fight their way back through the islands

Well hopfully my feedback will help. and again thanks to all who are involved with this mod I have really enjoyed it

*Also every game seems to play out the same way...The Japonesse take control of most of the south pacific islands...(mainly because they are undefended) then they take a a couple settlements likes Hong Kong and a couple in mainland china...then everything pretty much freezes until the end date....neither team seems to advance....I would like to see the japs try to invade Austrailia more agressively or even see the allies fight their way back through the islands
Hmm...
Well Gaius is dormant or something so I guess I'll give my .02$. :p

Who are you playing as? Because I think if the Japanese are invading everywhere they're supposed to you could play as the allies and fight through the islands yourself. :p But that Australia thing is something to work on I guess.

I have played as all allowable civs...except british

When I was the US I had to take back all the islands myself and almost every city in the mainland china.

the chinesse and brits didn;t seem to be too concerned with attacking until everything except mainland japan was left

When playing as china i took every jap city except 2 that the brits took....the US took one island of the coast of austrailia the whole game...and never even took back it's lands in alaska.

When playing as the japs i took evey allied city on the map....but never got the option to invade russia....the allies didn;t seem to work together very much either when I was japan...for instance....the US when it has no threat to the mainland it should send every plane to a base where it can help defned/attack the advancing japs

just some ideas i wanted to share

I have done some of my own modding to this scenario....I have increased the likelyhood that the AI will produce a military unit increased the starting amount of worker units for all civs and chainged all AI flavors to production and military....I have also have tried to increased the chance of the AI attacking based on some xml files...however I am yet to play with my chainges in place yet....so when I get through i will let everyone know if it my tweaking as helped at all

most of this is very minor as the base is very well done....i'm just seeing if I can tweak it some for my personal taste

I have done some of my own modding to this scenario....I have increased the likelyhood that the AI will produce a military unit increased the starting amount of worker units for all civs and chainged all AI flavors to production and military....I have also have tried to increased the chance of the AI attacking based on some xml files...however I am yet to play with my chainges in place yet....so when I get through i will let everyone know if it my tweaking as helped at all

Your play results confirm what I guessed from my own limited trials. When you're done tweaking, you might want to upload the result here; I'm guessing quite alotoffolks will be interested in your version (including myself).;)

Gaius is currently "incognito" and has been silent for about 3 weeks save an email he sent me. He's probably going to come out with some huge thing all at once and surprise the crap out of everyone, I don't know.

I do not have time at present to update the scenario, however I think I have discovered a good way to fix the AI problem by assigning values to certain cities in C++. This means that the AI will place a greater emphasis on attacking and holding those locations.

if anyone is irritated by the AI he/ she is welcome to a real challenge between human players!

join the human match on pacific battleground here

Has anybody tried it as a direct game (i.e. not a PBEM) yet? I believe you'd have to remove the Python first, but it should work.

Never mind i read through the thread.... i have vista:cry::cry::cry::mad::mad::mad::mad:

You need to load the mod located in the public maps folder of the mod just make a desktop shortcut of it thats what worked for me anyways.

I can't open the mod because I get this error:

Spoiler :
XMP Load Error

Failed Loading XML file XMP\Units/CIV4UnitInFos.xml. [/Volumes/300/AspyrBuild/depot/Civ4/Source Warlords/Win/FirePlace/FireWorks/Win32/FXml.cpp:140] Error parrsing XML File-

File: XMP\Units/CIV4UnitInfos.xml
Reason: (null)
Line: 0,0
Source: (null)

After this, I get a bunch of xml unit errors, each error for one unit (edit: assuming the error is incompatibility with .dss). I can still load the mod even so. After this, when I play a game, I get the same errors except with more units and afterwards, a defeated message. I have solved this with the updated file of the CvWW2Pac.py.

I am running Civ 4 Warlords on a Mac with patch 2.13.

Anyone know what to do?

Edit: Aren't .dds files incompatible with Macs? There all over, at least in the xml unit files. These forums say this mod works with Apple computers though... :confused:

Edit again: Skimmed through the forums, says this mod is incompatible with 2.13. Anyone know how to uninstall a patch?

Edit yet again: No way to uninstall patch, need to reinstall Warlords...

Edit once more: Reinstalled, didn't work even though I now have patch 2.08. Anyone know what to do?

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 131
Looks great, yet every time i try to load up a game it crashes, with no error messages or anything. (BTS latest patch)

Without the 2.13 patch, it still didn't work, so I going to download 2.13 so I can try to fix a glitch I have. Other than that, nothing seems to work.

Top Bottom