World War One

How Do You Like The Mapel?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Caprica

Chieftain
This Mapel ( Map Level combined ) as i like to call it deals with the World War One It is one of my first maps ( First to publish ) but ide like some feedback and things to help me improve upon it....i already no that some city placement is wrong..But that happens in a map like this i went out to make a fun kick butt map..And i hope i have done so..so yet again feedback is welcome and encouraged,

Fixed units ( Each unit equals a working division)
Overhauled Governments
Overhauled Population Limits Terrain Bonuses Aswell as resource bonuses
Added One Unit "Chemical Weapon", inflicts massive damage is aquired through chemical Warfare in the techtree
FUN map many of my friends enjoy it i hope you can too!

Your general map layout is very good, and I like Russia being split up, but that also means this is late war, which is fine.

You have Belgium and the Netherlands backwards dude. Belgium is south, and should be were rotterdam is. Amsterdam was dutch, so it was neutral and never occupied.

tons of cities are misplaced, this really bothers some people. If you want I can make a list, or you can fix it yourself.

Greece, and Italy were allied powers, not Central Powers.

Your missing Romania, which was the The Triple Entente. And Bulgaria which was in Central Powers.

Malta is a seperate island, not part of Sardinia.

Portugal was The Triple Entente, which you forgot. And The Netherlands, Denmark, and Scandanavia were all Neutral.

The pollution confuses me too.

Also, there should be no tanks in the game at this point - it should in reality be a very important and major research project for later in the game.

Units should be represented with Infantry, not Riflemen.

I'm not sure if the Napoleonic Map is the best map to use, as it could be nice to have Egypt and some more of the Middle East. Not to mention Canada and the U.S. across the Atlantic.

British forces should all be at the coast, not down near Switzerland.

I think your navies are a little too big to be manageable. Plus, scattering them across the sea like that looks kind of ugly. Instead, they should mostly still be in port, or in small stacks. Same goes for ground forces, it would perhaps be better to put forces in the cities, and require the player to carry out the initial deployments (plus they could also be toned-down).

The Netherlands was a neutral power (and it owned Amsterdam, its capital). There is no need to have a city called "the Somme" no such thing exists (plus it is nowhere near the Somme River on this map).

Maybe tone down the railways for the purpose of gameplay, making the player rely on certain routes. Instantaneous movement in this kind of war really defeats a lot of the strategy.

!!!! OVERHAULING map going to completley redue it and will make alot of improvments and make the city placement Valid Territory Civs..Reduce amount of pollution.( Leaving some for the fact that europe was plagued with pollution in 1917, this Scenero should be Overhauled within Several Days. Thank you for your comments and support

I think it's a good start, but it needs improvements.

- I like the chaotic placement, making it a fun game to start with.

- I like the size, and it doesn't take much time interturns (except the 1st one).

- Artillery is a very powerfull weapon in Civ. Giving it Lethal Land Bombardement makes it Lethal!.

- Reduce pollution. As understood by Civ4 developers, this in a big extent is annoying and not fun. If you wish little modifications of terrain, make the worker more expensive or the worker actions to take longer.

- Chemical weapons: I haven't tried them yet but they seem too strong. I hope they equally expensive or this game will be based on missiles (sorry, chem weapons) and Artillery. Why give Chem weapons sea lethal bombardement?
For Chemical weapons I would propose implementing another way: each unit (eg rifleman) should have a similar one but with chemical weapons (Chem rifleman) with a bombardment ability (maybe land lethal).

Actually, It being based on artillery, or chemical weapons, is not far off. As that what was mainly used to make big advances until tanks came, and while lots and lots of infantry killed eachother they didn't do that much, they just held ground, or garrisoned cities. On the west front anyways, the east had huge distances covered by armies everyday. Maybe even give the east a diffrent kind of infantry.

I've played the game (with one of the Russians) and the Central Powers won the game.

I think the game might not be too balanced (with the AI). Scandinavia and Great Britain are "islands" (Scandinavia has no way to pass to Russian territory) and so the only effective power of the Triple Entente (TE) is France, alone against a few others.

What happened in my game, might be consistent. So I would suggest moving a few other nations to TE (Italy, Portugal) and adding\removing a few units in order to preserve balance.

Top Bottom