WOTM 37 First Spoiler - 1 AD

babybluepants

Deity
GOTM Staff

WOTM 37 First Spoiler 1AD

How is your game going?

Reading Requirements

Stop! If you are participating in WOTM 37, then you MUST NOT read this thread unless EITHER

• You have reached at least 1 AD in your game, OR
  • You have submitted your entry

Posting Restrictions

• Please do not discuss anything that happened after 1 AD,
  • Please do not divulge your final result if that happened after 1 AD.
  • Please do not discuss the location of resources that may not show up before 1 AD.
  • Do not post any savegame file from the game. Discussions and screenshots are fine but not actual games.

Very fun map! Immortal Warlords is usually a bit above my comfort level, but I figured its worth a shot.

I decided to try and get those elephants into the game while they could still do some damage. So I prioritized sailing. I got them to Antium and easily conquered it. But Rome had been spamming spearmen, so no chance for the real prize. Instead, I took all but two of the Orange civ cities (Rome2?). So the elephants got me 3 cities and blocked land for a fourth... but at significant cost. Not sure it was worth it.... probably should have just deleted them as soon as they started costing maintenance (saving only the GG). But as usual, hindsight is 20:20.

Was slow to settle, and my thrid city got razed by barbs making it even slower. Way behind in tech, and just getting further. Unless I can break the logjam and wipe with superior numbers soon, this one will be heading south. :(

Wow, this is a tough map... I think I went BW--sailing for my opening and whipped a galley to go get the elephants. They got me a city from Scipio but that was it -- he had too many spears running around so I took peace. I've been playing peacefully since then but given our marginal land, it's pretty obvious that we're going to have to go to war again. My hope is to pull off a liberalism--MT and go to town on the AI but we'll see if I can pull it off in time. The warlords AI tends to beeline rifling...

Very fun map!
Agree :goodjob:

SIP and built 2 WB, research BW->Sailing.

I got the galley out early but Pyrrhus' (orange) borders popped, so I had to wait for open borders before i could get to the WEs. :rolleyes:

Landed the WEs on the other side of the mountain and took Cumae, I had planned to raze cities but I had just captured a worker and Cumae had clam, pigs, 2 wine and some nice hills so I kept it. Turned out it already had a granary and a lighthouse. :smug:

Took peace and played peacefully until now. :mischief:

Barbs were a bit painful, I had 3 warriors on a grass hill, but one barb axe just took one each turn promoting it self each turn. :( Got the copper connected just in time. :D

1AD stats:
Cities 6, Pop 31, 4 granaries, 4 lighthouses, 4 monuments, 3 libraries, 1 barracks.
4 workers, 3 warriors, 5 axe, 2 WE, 1 galley
I'm 3 turns from GLib, Rome took GLH 1720BC, Oracle 1120BC, and ToA 400BC, when it builds The Colossus I'll go take it... :yumyum: :lol:

Research:
Spoiler :

I'll go Currency-> CoL->CS and then it's probably time (or too late :crazyeye:) for our UU.

Top Bottom