Would this PC run Civ 5 well on higher settings?

If what you want is to run at high resolutions, the bottleneck is the video card: get a good one in the 150-200$ range.
It's possible with a 600$ total budget (although you may have to build your own rig), because any modern i3 / i5 / i7 processor will do, 4 gigs of RAM is enough unless multitasking (Civ 5 is a 32 bit application), SSD will speed up your game load but won't make a difference in-game.

If what you want is to run at high resolutions, the bottleneck is the video card: get a good one in the 150-200$ range.
It's possible with a 600$ total budget (although you may have to build your own rig), because any modern i3 / i5 / i7 processor will do, 4 gigs of RAM is enough unless multitasking (Civ 5 is a 32 bit application), SSD will speed up your game load but won't make a difference in-game.

That depends on a huge map late game my preformance with my GTX 660Ti is the excat same as my previous GTX 460 was, aka about 15-20FPS, processor is an overclocked FX 6300 @ 4.8ghz so the game will be CPU bound at a certain point doesn't mater how fact the video card is.

I would tend to agree, but the three bottlenecks would include RAMM, CPU, and GPU. GPU only helps FPS. A good CPU will speed up turns, because while the game is supposed to be doing compiling in the background, it still will only react when you end your turn. Unless you are playing active multiplayer without AI. The third one is RAMM, and if people are only at 4GB or on a 32 bit system, there is going to be a lot of OS using the swap file, that is also going to take away CPU activity just to manage the OS. The last being the greatest cause of corrupted files, which can only be corrected by repeatedly verifying the local cache in steam or re-loading the game.

Top Bottom