Would you like to see Civilization V’s art style back in VI?

Interested to know if you still have the map search problem. I had it without this mod until I used the Map Search Extension Mod, which by the way is so good.
I still do have this search problem. Thus I added the Map Search Extension mod. But the search function still did not work. Only UI mod that I use is Better Screen mods. Will disable all mod and try the search again to verify which mod/s is the cause for this problem.

I have only this mod, and it totally works for searching wonders and resources (which is all i ever need this searchbar).

I still do have this search problem. Thus I added the Map Search Extension mod. But the search function still did not work. Only UI mod that I use is Better Screen mods. Will disable all mod and try the search again to verify which mod/s is the cause for this problem.

Yes, unfortunately that is a bit of a pain, but the only way. Let us know which one causes it.

I started having the same issue in one of my games and also an issue with my game crashing when I chose to Return to the Main menu from a game, so I tested every single mod I use. I found out something peculiar. When I first disabled the Even More Reports mod, the search feature worked and the crashes stopped. But then, once I had finished testing all the mods, I decided to enable it again. I still got the crash, but the search option worked fine. So, I am not sure what is happening. Maybe it happens once you are playing the game for a number of turns.

I tried playing with this mod but I've got so used the default art style I had to switch it off. It looks nice and is a nice throwback but I find the default one easier to use and find things.

Do you have the latest version of the mod? IIRC, the search feature was impaired by an earlier version of the mod, but since then, an update fixing it has been released

With the mod installed, great wonder animations look even more beautiful (to my eye) than before. :)

Screenshot (17).jpg

Anyone having or experienced crashes late in the game with this mod? It hasn’t happened to me, but some have reported so on Steam. It has to be a mod conflict I’m sure and I want to avoid that. If you have, by any chance did you happen to find out the conflicting mod?

Haven't read all 8 pages so maybe it's already been mentioned. The only thing I dislike is the hexnet on the coast/ocean tiles.

Edit: my bad, had trouble finding the map options.

Last edited:
Anyone having or experienced crashes late in the game with this mod? It hasn’t happened to me, but some have reported so on Steam. It has to be a mod conflict I’m sure and I want to avoid that. If you have, by any chance did you happen to find out the conflicting mod?

Yeah I turned the mod of because of gpu driver crashes with this mod switched on. Although overall I actually like vanilla graphics over this mod. I can actually see stuff on tiles in vanilla.

Yeah I turned the mod of because of gpu driver crashes with this mod switched on. Although overall I actually like vanilla graphics over this mod. I can actually see stuff on tiles in vanilla.

I like the mod, but I also like vanilla. I did have some odd crashes in some of my games when I was using the mod, though I use several mods so I'm not sure if it's the main cause or related to it.

I would like to see a mod to make vanilla forests more dense though, I think that's one of the things I enjoy the most.

Top Bottom