Would you want to know more about Leoreth?

I don't know, there's probably a bunch of other things I am more interested in watching even in that genre.

Just in case, where would you suggest I'd start? It's just so much.

Start with the 10th doctor (season 2-4) then watch the 9th doctor (season 1). The 1st to the 8th doctors are all too dated to watch and just pretend that the series stopped after the 10th doctor.

P.S. I know you don't want my opinion but I'm giving it to you anyway.:D

Why would you think that? Which actors are the 9th and 10th, I can't keep up with the numbering.

9th actor is Christopher Eccleston, 10th actor is David Tennant.

Despite long discussion no one I know can pin down why David Tennant is the best but all the people I know who watched the show (14 people) agree that he is the best. As a testament to that, all but 1 of my friends have stopped watching doctor who after Matt Smith became the doctor.

The reason most people I know dislike the 11th (Matt Smith) and 12th doctors (Peter Capaldi) is generally agreed that David Tennant (and the script writer) were so much better than the later actors and script writers that the new ones seem terrible in comparison even though they aren't that bad.

Disclaimer: My view point is probably all due to nostalgia since I grew up with the 9th and 10th doctors, but my parents and several of my friends parents agree with my opinion.

I see Bears has very exclusive taste, disregarding everything but the 10th (Tennant). Eccleston (9th) seems vastly underrated imo, and Smith (11th) can't compare to either, but he still isn't bad per se. I was hooked from the first episode ("Rose", season 1 with Eccleston), but then again it was the same with Friendship is Magic, so maybe I'm just weird. I think starting from the same point I did would make the most sense, but if you don't like Eccleston's performance (cretin!) I suppose skipping to Tennant (the exact point of his appearance I will not disclose unless you really want that because spoilers) could work too. And if you don't like Tennant there is no saving you anyway. :lol:

Edit after Bears ninja'd me: Definitely agree that Tennant is the best there is. While I am still watching the show (now with one season of Smith behind me and I think three or four until I have caught up) I can see why you would stop when Smith shows up. Tennant just is a tough act to follow.

I see Bears has very exclusive taste, disregarding everything but the 10th (Tennant). Eccleston (9th) seems vastly underrated imo, and Smith (11th) can't compare to either, but he still isn't bad per se. I was hooked from the first episode ("Rose", season 1 with Eccleston), but then again it was the same with Friendship is Magic, so maybe I'm just weird. I think starting from the same point I did would make the most sense, but if you don't like Eccleston's performance (cretin!) I suppose skipping to Tennant (the exact point of his appearance I will not disclose unless you really want that because spoilers) could work too. And if you don't like Tennant there is no saving you anyway. :lol:

This is what I meant to say. (except the my little pony bit :devil::backstab::deadhorse:)

Since people have recently asked me about my thoughts about Civ and its game designers and I recommended listening to Soren Johnson (Civ3 and Civ4 lead designer) talk about his experiences, he and Jon Shafer (Civ5 lead designer) are on the most recent Three Moves Ahead podcast celebrating the 25th anniversary of Civilization.

Also they made a mention that Johnson did an interview with Sid Meier on his own podcast which will be uploaded at some point in the future, so we will probably get to hear the perspective of another Civ lead designer soon.

When? Their interactions I've seen so far seemed pretty amicable. Johnson generally doesn't seem to be the type of guy to openly criticize the decisions of someone else.

Shafer said that 1UPT was the wrong design choice though which I found really funny.

I had the previous avatar for quite a while, so I was thinking about switching to a different one. I originally intended to use something else or maybe cycle through some old ones, but as I'm currently binging HxH it seemed appropriate.

I'm probably going to change the picture though, this one seems so angry.

Much better.

Since people have recently asked me about my thoughts about Civ and its game designers and I recommended listening to Soren Johnson (Civ3 and Civ4 lead designer) talk about his experiences, he and Jon Shafer (Civ5 lead designer) are on the most recent Three Moves Ahead podcast celebrating the 25th anniversary of Civilization.

Also they made a mention that Johnson did an interview with Sid Meier on his own podcast which will be uploaded at some point in the future, so we will probably get to hear the perspective of another Civ lead designer soon.

Interesting. Thanks for the link. I really enjoyed the Brian Reynolds episode too.

Me too, Reynolds is also completely different from how I expected.

It's one of the dogs from Old Friends Senior Dog Sanctuary, an animal shelter for old dogs (who often have been strays for a long time). Also known as the purest place on the internet. His name is Leo which is why I thought he'd make an appropriate avatar picture.

Please donate if you can! (see the link in my signature) If you use amazon.com, you can also have them donate 8% of your purchase (this is above amazon smile) at no additional cost to you.

- Golden Retrievers
- Samoyeds
- Beagles

Do you think Civ 6 will be garbage as well? I gave up on the franchise after since Civ 5 was so bad, though I might be wrong.

Top Bottom