Would you want to know more about Leoreth?

Piano and ATLA you've already sold me :goodjob:

And I do recognize quite a bit (rough timestamps):

0:20 this motif often comes up when something mystical happens, especially related to the avatar spirit.
0:40 this is the "something epic is going down" music, which is often used during the climax of many episodes (like, imagine Aang going into avatar state). I love it so much. It's also reprised at the end of the opening.
1:55 that's a motif they often use during denouement at the end of the episode, it's one of my favorites.
3:00 I recognize that piece but can't really manage to place it. It sounds sinister and evokes fire nation, but I could be wrong. Or Wan Shi Tong?
4:20 I'm pretty sure that is at least played during the happy ending of the finale (it references some motifs of number 2 on this list btw), maybe also in other places.
5:05 is of course the song that Iroh sings at the end of Iroh's story in Tales of Ba Sing Se (young soldier boy?)

But I admit that it isn't very easy, the piano being such a different instrument from what the ATLA soundtrack uses. Now I'm probably off looking for sheet music.

They have the sheet music link in caption haha. So you play piano... classic, 'pop' or jazz? :D

Whatever I feel like and am good enough for :)

Spoiler :
Also I think the German dub spoils who Rey's father is

For those of us who don't speak German, don't have access to a German dub and don't really care about spoilers because they aren't expecting much anyway?

Okay here goes:
Spoiler :
It's only one more spoiler so open at your own risk:
Spoiler :
In Rey's vision/memory of being abandoned on Jakku when she discovers the light saber, there is an off screen voice of a person dropping her off there. This voice sounded a lot like Harrison Ford's VA to me. The original uses an unfamiliar voice for that scene.

Never meant to imply that it would, but it is at least a potential data point for a set of competing theories on which the movie itself otherwise provides little evidence in any direction (or even explicitly calls attention to it being an open question).

I thought it was interesting how openly they defied the SW "reveal" trope with Kylo Ren, but I never paid much attention to how much they're playing it straight with Rey.

Spoiler :
Han and Leia being her parents don't really make sense, though. How could they not recognize her? Even if it's some intricate ploy that they're taking part in, surely they would discuss it at least between the two of them.
I'd be more willing to believe that Luke is her father and Han played a role in hiding her from the Knights of Ren after the massacre. And by the way, I think her mother (be it Mara Jade or not) might have been killed in that massacre along with all the Skywalker's Jedi.

Spoiler :
Han and Leia being her parents don't really make sense, though. How could they not recognize her? Even if it's some intricate ploy that they're taking part in, surely they would discuss it at least between the two of them.
I'd be more willing to believe that Luke is her father and Han played a role in hiding her from the Knights of Ren after the massacre. And by the way, I think her mother (be it Mara Jade or not) might have been killed in that massacre along with all the Skywalker's Jedi.

Spoiler :
It probably isn't Mara Jade seeing as how all the EU stuff got thrown out the window, for worse (KOTOR, Republic Commandos) or for better (pretty much almost everything else)

Spoiler :
Yeah, ignoring the EU is overall the best choice they could have made.

Just to let you know, I'm going to be in the Bay Area for the next two weeks. So don't expect a lot of activity during that time.

That's right.

Have you ever watched Doctor Who?

I haven't, the franchise seems too big and intimidating to me. Also superwholock kind of ruined it for me.

Well I can only recommend it. Funnily enough I only started watching it as part of a deal with a friend of mine. I was supposed to watch the first season (of the new Doctor Who starting 2005, not the whole thing) while he was to watch the first season of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic in turn. That was months ago. I am now in the middle of the fifth season while he is still not finished with the first. I still consider it kind of a win.

Also what do you mean superwholock ruined it? In what way?

Supernatural - Doctor Who - Sherlock.

I figured from googling it, but don't understand why. Apparently it is some kind of super hybrid fandom?

You have to consider that most of my exposure to fandoms comes from tumblr and superwholock is probably the the worst subset of people around there.

You have to consider that most of my exposure to fandoms comes from tumblr and superwholock is probably the the worst subset of people around there.

This is strange, I have never once interacted with a fan of Doctor Who that I know of except for my one friend who introduced me to it, and now suddenly I hear lots of bad things about its fandom, both from here and yesterday on Reddit. Then again I don't hang around tumblr.

Also I prefer to judge a show by its merits rather than by its fandom. How bad can it be anyway?

Top Bottom