Writing Bull livetalk with Lena Brenk TODAY

Personally, I don't care if I can't understand it - I just wanna watch.

Of course, I may sing a different tune once I watch the live.

But interesting:
Trade stations can be destroyed without diplomatic malus - as long as nobody does trade with this station.

There are three levels of trade with increasing benefit for each level. The level increases when a trading-cylus is finished and the player renews the trade.

So, if there is a level-3 trading partner and the station is destroyed by the player, the trading partner is pissed big times...

About AI and Affinties:
The AI factions have no favourite affinity. Instead they consider their surroundings (are there many aliens or much room without them, for example or what kind of resources are nearby and how many). What I find interesting is, that they also adapt to the affinty choice the player tends to make and choose the opposite to offer a more diverse game. But the factions will have favoured virtues, though.
It is possible to get the benefits from all the affinties up to max (although Lena said, that she can't imagine it happening... 2 at max is already quite challenging, according to her). Furthermore, it is possible to have different upgrades in your military if you plan ahead. That is, you can have, say, a Supremacy Marine upgrade and then a Harmony ranger upgrade.
The affintites also don't dictate the way the AI interacts. So a Harmony player is not necessarily peaceful, while a Supremacy civ can by very cultured and wealthy instead of being a war-machine

Well, I'm not to fond of the thought that you can have all the benefits from all affinities... This kind of ruins the idea behind it, really. They should at least include a mechanic which reduce the progress in other affinties by one if you advance two levels in the other to make it a really tough choice. Like it is now... It smells very exploitable.

Trading stations will vanish/leave if nobody bothers trading with them.

I don't mind if you just have to spend time to grab all affinities. What happens when someone stays ages in a game that could be over 200turns ago don't really matter.

However if you can just grab all the affinities while still being as fast as possible on your victory path then yes there is a problem.

About AI and Affinties:
The AI factions have no favourite affinity. Instead they consider their surroundings (are there many aliens or much room without them, for example or what kind of resources are nearby and how many). What I find interesting is, that they also adapt to the affinty choice the player tends to make and choose the opposite to offer a more diverse game. But the factions will have favoured virtues, though.
It is possible to get the benefits from all the affinties up to max (although Lena said, that she can't imagine it happening... 2 at max is already quite challenging, according to her). Furthermore, it is possible to have different upgrades in your military if you plan ahead. That is, you can have, say, a Supremacy Marine upgrade and then a Harmony ranger upgrade.
The affintites also don't dictate the way the AI interacts. So a Harmony player is not necessarily peaceful, while a Supremacy civ can by very cultured and wealthy instead of being a war-machine

Well, I'm not to fond of the thought that you can have all the benefits from all affinities... This kind of ruins the idea behind it, really. They should at least include a mechanic which reduce the progress in other affinties by one if you advance two levels in the other to make it a really tough choice. Like it is now... It smells very exploitable.

I don't think it is any more exploitable than the fact that you could max out all 4 Virtues trees (in theory... maximum Might, Knowledge, Prosperity, and Industry)

Doable.. but not Practical

Trading stations will vanish/leave if nobody bothers trading with them.

That is Really interesting, and a relief to many expansionist players

I don't mind if you just have to spend time to grab all affinities. What happens when someone stays ages in a game that could be over 200turns ago don't really matter.

However if you can just grab all the affinities while still being as fast as possible on your victory path then yes there is a problem.
KrikkitTwo said:
I don't think it is any more exploitable than the fact that you could max out all 4 Virtues trees (in theory... maximum Might, Knowledge, Prosperity, and Industry)

Doable.. but not Practical
Well maybe it's just that I like roleplaying and it wouldn't make sense to me, that all affinties are represented equally ;). But yeah, I hope, that it isn't practical to do this or that it costs resource which would otherwise flow into your victory plan.

Well maybe it's just that I like roleplaying and it wouldn't make sense to me, that all affinties are represented equally ;). But yeah, I hope, that it isn't practical to do this or that it costs resource which would otherwise flow into your victory plan.

To do it you would have to research almost every single tech in the tech tree.

and it is to your advantage to max out one affinity first

If you have all Affinities at level 6, then your 'soldier units' are strength 32
If one affinity is at 11, then your 'soldier units' are strength 62

As she mentions it is difficult for her to get 2... chances are you would get victory a lot faster focusing on one and dabbling tiny amounts in the others....

Top Bottom