Wrong shield formula in conquests with mobilization

razor1952

Chieftain
Playing WW11 and Napoleon scenarios many of the military units have no bonus for being built during war time mobilization, so you have to build something that does, then switch on the last turn to the unit you want

for example
in WW11 scenario Destroyer gets no bonus , (same shields produced with or without wartime mobilization), but Battleship does.

Question to the forum is how to fix this by modding or editing the scenario, I couldn't find it in the editor(I'm a complete newbie at the editor)
Thanks

Thanks, I see the discussion, disappointing really , IMHO in mobilization the trade off is building only military units or NOT being able to build non-military buildings/wonders, it would seem that it should be simple to fix but apparently not. BTW playing 1.15

Well using the editor and giving Bombers +1 offense (which doesn't change playability) they now gets the mobilization bonus.

Getting rid of the carrying capacity fixed Destroyers

Giving it to Battleships made them loose their bonus.

It seems certain combinations of statistics and maybe special attributes are hardcoded to give the uneven results, just poor logic IMHO or as someone said a carryover from Alpha centauri.

Artillery can also get the bonus if it is made +1 offense (like Flak) but then they can't get captured, it strikes me an alternate would be to give an enslave bonus of artillery for a similar effect

I would like to get the Paratroopers to work better, particularly to be able to be loaded and dropped from carrriers but no luck so far. Thye are a bit useless at present IMHO.

I run a few more tests and post the results, someone must have done this before though as I'm quite new to the game, but sigh... nothing like re-inventing the wheel.

You can ALSO micromanage production. That is you can build a military unit untill you can switch to a nonmilitary unit and finish the build the next turn.

I agree that moblization should give a faster build rate of all units available and there would be a simple switch to determine military unit or not.

Really, it should simply be all units with an attack, defence or bombard value greater than 0.

Originally posted by razor1952

Artillery can also get the bonus if it is made +1 offense (like Flak) but then they can't get captured, it strikes me an alternate would be to give an enslave bonus of artillery for a similar effect

Doesn't depend this on the defense value? I'm almost sure that the rule says that every unit with a defense of 0 can be captured.

Top Bottom