[WTP] Feedback, bugs and discussions about "river_merge" [CLOSED]

raystuttgart

Civ4Col Modder
For team and partners:

We need to collect all feeback, bugs and discussions about our new branch "river_merge".
Feedback, bugs and questions otherwise get wildly spread over too many feature threads.

Detailed technical discussions to specific topics in work can and should also continue in the internal team chat of course.
Please also do not use this for new feature ideas, for those create new threads, since most likely they will not be integrated in next release anyways.

For community:
Spoiler :

"river_merge" is our big internal development branch, which we created recently.
It finally merged all major development branches supposed to be published with next release.

It is work in progress and we still have lots of open points we need to text, solve or optimize.
Thus it is not made available to public yet. (Unless you are able to compile yourself.)

Please understand that we focus on our internal work now. :thumbsup:
This should speed up our progress a bit and thus have us publish it to community faster.

Hi guys,

Already did this for "Trade Quest".
May check if it might be useful for other Events and Quests as well.
Spoiler :

I realized a flaw in the Python Event System ...
(It is actually my fault that I did not code it or never thought about it until today.)

-----

To avoid confusion:

What I write here only applies for "PythonCanDo" or "PythonCanDoCity" checks.
(Meaning that Triggers ask Python logic if they are valid. Used for checks that are too complex for normal XML config in EventTriggers.xml)
Those do not yet consider Handicaps correctly.

All checks that unse normal XML config (and thus of course DLL logic directly) in EventTriggers.xml (without additional Python checks as above) should already consider Handicaps correctly.

--> Corrections in DLL used by Python Event System are not needed.
--> Corrections in Python (of Python Event System) would be a good idea.

-----

Generally the Python Event System already considers GameSpeeds.
However it does not consider Handicaps in the Python Logic.

Only for Events / Quests using Python Logic:
  • Player triggers Events way more often than AI and it thus also feesl a bit like cheating.
  • Thus many Quests feel like cheating because AI has little chance to win, even if you play on higher Difficulty.
  • Also Quests never adjust to the Difficulty the Player has chosen.
Solution is actually extremely simple:

Read Handicaps from XML and use an appropriate XML modifer to adjust the conditions of Events and Quest.
(The coding happens in the PythonCode of: CvRandomEventInterface.py)

example for checking a "PythonCanDo" Method that checks for "amounts" of a good:

Of course you need to get "quantity" first before you can modify it with the logic below
e.g. from the City that triggers the EventTrigger or a parameter or ...
Spoiler :

Handicap = gc.getHandicapInfo(CyGame().getHandicapType())
if not player.isHuman():
quantity = quantity * Handicap.getAITrainPercent()/100

@Raubwuerger
Here is e.g. the code of CanDoEuropeTrade as full example:
(It would ajdust all Trade Quests already as suggested.)
Spoiler :

Code:
# This is generic function called by the specific functions of the Trigger! - Not directly by the Trigger XML.
# It uses the argsList of the Events forwarded by the Trigger as function Parameter
def CanDoEuropeTrade(argsList, iYieldID, iQuantity):

ePlayer = argsList[1]

# safety checks to make sure it is a colonial player
   player = gc.getPlayer(ePlayer)
   if not player.isPlayable():
       return false

# this here should not be needed because isPlayable but since we have Asserts ...
   if player.isNative():
       return false

king = gc.getPlayer(player.getParent())
   if not king.isEurope():
       return false

# This would break immersion and make event unlogical
   if player.isInRevolution():
       return false

# because we might want to do something with the City
   iCityId = argsList[2]
   city = player.getCity(iCityId)
   if city.isNone():
       return false

# here we select the Amount of the Yield from function argument iQuantity
   quantity = iQuantity
   Speed = gc.getGameSpeedInfo(CyGame().getGameSpeedType())
   quantity = quantity * Speed.getStoragePercent()/100

# here we check Handicap Setting for AI only to avoid confusing number in texts when Difficulty changes
   Handicap = gc.getHandicapInfo(CyGame().getHandicapType())
   if not player.isHuman():
       quantity = quantity * Handicap.getAITrainPercent()/100

# now we check if enough of the Yield has been traded with Europe using function argument iYieldID
   if player.getYieldTradedTotalINT(iYieldID) < quantity:
       return false
   return true

The methods to adjust considering Handicaps should be simple to identify.
(Normally it should be methods using amounts of gold or goods only that might need to consider Handicaps.)

If you have any questions on this, let me know. :thumbsup:

Comment:

I do not feel this is "cheating".
It is simply adjuting game features to Difficulty Level as intending.
It is actually more of "bugfixing" of an old feature.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

actually there is an interesting discussion about improving Mouse Over Help for Yield Production On Plots.
(Method to adjust: void CvGameTextMgr::setCitizenHelp)

The calculation of the Yields that Worker produces on a Plot does not explain how those Yields are related to the Plot.
(Base Yields of Terrain, River Bonus, Improvement, ...)

I may help newbies to better understand how the Yield Production actually calculates Total Yields.

------

See here how it is done currently:

Spoiler :

Here see new solution.

Basically we explain how "Total Production of the Unit" is calculated.

May help beginners a bit ... :dunno:
(I consider it just an improvement.)

Last edited:
One issue I have with the file generating this text is that it's a completely different one than the one calculating the game data. This means they can go out of sync and display different values. I merged them in Medieval Conquest as in using the game data one only and that one then also adds to a CvWString given as argument if that string pointer isn't NULL. This will make it easier to display precisely how the game generates the result in question and much less risk of display bugs if this is modded further in the future.

It is however not something I feel like rushing to change as I can think of a bunch of other tasks, which would likely be more rewarding to spend time on. It's more like a "if somebody changes this function anyway" kind of idea.

One issue I have with the file generating this text is that it's a completely different one than the one calculating the game data.
I simply do not understand what you want to explain. :dunno:

The text for the "Mouse Over Help" is generated in the DLL. (It is the "parse" method that the Widget calls to create the text for the Moue Over.)
The methods that are again called by the "parse" method are exacly the same as the ones calculating the actual game data.

It is however not something I feel like rushing to change as I can think of a bunch of other tasks, ...

Ok ... :dunno:

But I could have implemented and tested that probably in 2 hours ...
(There is no real complexity and no risk in it.)

Last edited:
But it would be nice to have the name of the improvement on Mouse Over:
Is that possible?
Of couse. :)

We could make it look like this:
(lines that do not apply are not displayed.)
Spoiler :

Production Info:
  • 3 Food from Grasland
  • <-1 From Light Forrest> not possible in this case
  • +2 Food from Potatoes
  • +1 Food from River
  • +2 Food for Farm on Grasland
  • +1 Food from Farm with Potatoes
  • +1 Food from Farm with River
  • + 3 Food from Expert Farmer
  • +2 Food from Expert Farmer with Potatoes
  • ---
  • 15 Food from Plot with Expert Farmer
  • ---
  • + 50% Rebel Sentiment Percentage Modifier
  • + 50% City Health Percentage Modifier
  • ---
  • 30 Food Total
Additional Info:
  • Production Modifier of Expert Farmer: +3 Food, +3 Barley
  • <Turns for becoming Expert, by LbD - here not the case> not possible in this case
  • Farm growing to Large Farm in 12 Turns
  • Available Plot Yields: 10 Food, 10 Barley, 4 Tobacco, 4 Hemp

Would everybody be happy with this ? :dunno:

Last edited:
the only question is how it will look ...
I am not sure I understand your question. :dunno:
But I will simply improve this already existing Mouse Over.
Spoiler :

And change it to my suggestion:
(Of course I will also consider the case for "Multiple Yields".)
Spoiler :

Production Info:
  • 3 Food from Grasland
  • <-1 From Light Forrest> not possible in this case
  • +2 Food from Potatoes
  • +1 Food from River
  • +2 Food for Farm on Grasland
  • +1 Food from Farm with Potatoes
  • +1 Food from Farm with River
  • + 3 Food from Expert Farmer
  • +2 Food from Expert Farmer with Potatoes
  • ---
  • 15 Food from Plot with Expert Farmer
  • ---
  • + 50% Rebel Sentiment Percentage Modifier
  • + 50% City Health Percentage Modifier
  • ---
  • 30 Food Total
Additional Info:
  • Production Modifier of Expert Farmer: +3 Food, +3 Barley
  • <Turns for becoming Expert, by LbD - here not the case> not possible in this case
  • Farm growing to Large Farm in 12 Turns
  • Available Plot Yields: 10 Food, 10 Barley, 4 Tobacco, 4 Hemp

------

Summary:

The current Mouse Over is kind of poor in information. :dunno:
The change I suggest, will more or less explain everything how the Yield amount is calculated.
Simply compare the structure and amount of information. :)

@team:
Let me know if you want to have it. :dunno:

@inaiwae:
Thanks for pointing me to this improvement idea. :thumbsup:
(You were absolutely right that the Mouse Over in City Screen needed improvement.)

Last edited:
I understood what it was about. but won't this screen be too big for the colony screen? but it will still be an interesting addition.

The text for the "Mouse Over Help" is generated in the DLL. (It is the "parse" method that the Widget calls to create the text for the Moue Over.)
The methods that are again called by the "parse" method are exacly the same as the ones calculating the actual game data.
Yes and no. CvCity::doTurn and CvDLLWidgetData:: ParseHelp doesn't use 100% the same code to figure out production when including changes and modifiers. This allows the two approaches to go out of sync.

I do have to say that it doesn't look as easy to make them share code as I remember. Maybe it's due to multiple yield production. Maybe it's a bad idea to touch it.

But I could have implemented and tested that probably in 2 hours ...
(There is no real complexity and no risk in it.)
I was referring to a code design to ensure the modifiers would stay in sync in display and calculations. Updates to the display only right now is an obviously good addition, particularly considering the workload in doing so.

Perhaps CvDLLWidgetData:: ParseHelp should display something for WIDGET_ASSIGN_CITIZEN_TO_PLOT as well since this would allow getting the improvement from plots without a unit on it.

Maybe it's due to multiple yield production.
Multiple Yield Production on Plots is damn easy logic.
Basically the secondary Yield is always 50% of the main Yield.

Example Hunter:
8 Fur (main yield)
4 Food (secondary yield: 50% of

Worked perfectly fine for me
And yes, I hardcoded it because I could not imagine that I would need anything different.

Thus adjusting my suggestion above for both cases is trivial, once the main yield has been done correctly.
(Second Yield is always just 50%, does not need to be calculated separatedly.)

----

Maybe it's a bad idea to touch it
Don't see why. :confused:
It is simply a Mouse Over Text, what should happen in worst case? :dunno:

The "parse method" will definitely not impact anything else.
I will of course not touch the actual calculation since that would be absolutely stupid.

----

If you like the idea, let me simply implement and show you. :thumbsup:
(All I need to do is to rewrite the parse method to read and output all the single values instead of just the total amount.)

Last edited:
Perhaps CvDLLWidgetData:: ParseHelp should display something for WIDGET_ASSIGN_CITIZEN_TO_PLOT as well since this would allow getting the improvement from plots without a unit on it.
this ... and that's why I attached it to this one, for me it's only half useful if it only shows plots with units on it ... for example, having info on improvements on unoccupied plots when citizen graduates from school helps immensely to determine their profession ... also not mixing it with mouse over on unit lessens visual clutter and information overload

the way I have it now is saving me about 20%-40% of real time of my turn, playing on huge with a lot of cities my turns were close to 30 minutes

Last edited:
... it's only half useful if it only shows plots with units on it ...

Really good argument that actually convinces me to chose your design approach . :thumbsup:

And we would not need to bring Plot (as Method Argument) into the existing Citizen Help.
(Possible to do and also possible to check to differentiate Plot and Building Professions - but the logic gets bloated.)

@inaiwae and @Nightinggale

You guys fully convinced me that a second "Mouse Over" is probably better. :thumbsup:

1. The Mouse Over for "City Screen Plot Help" can always be triggered even if there is no Citizen.
2. The logic of "Citizen Help" will not get bloated. (Most likely nobody else would have understood my code afterwards ... :mischief:)

@inaiwae

1. Would you like to get your idea integrated into WTP and improve it together with us? :dunno:
(You could also implement it yourself and we could simply help you with code reviews, testing, texts, buttons, ...)

2. However, I would suggest to have some improvements to the current solution.
  • The Mouse Over Spot that triggers the "City Screen Plot Help" should be visualized by a small icon that matches our theme.
  • We should have it contain all infos about the Plot, because once we can acces the Plot it is little effort to add those.
Something like this:
(Every line not appicable on current Plot should not be displayed of course.)
  • Grasland: +3 [Icon Food], +3 [Barley], +3 [Icon Tobacco], +3 [Icon Hemp]
  • Light Forrest: -1 [Icon Food], -1 [Barley], -1 [Icon Tobacco], -1 [Icon Hemp], +2 [Icon Lumber], + 2 Icon [Icon Fur] --> Only if Yield is applicable
  • River: +2 [Icon Food], +2 [Barley], +2 [Icon Tobacco], +2 [Icon Hemp]
  • Potatoe: +2 [Icon Food]
  • Farm on Grasland: +2 [Icon Food], +2 [Icon Barley]
  • Farm with River: +1 [Icon Food], +1 [Icon Barley]
  • Farm with Potatoes: +2 [Icon Food]
  • ---
  • Total Available Yields: +X [Icon Food], + Y [Icon Barley], +Z [Icon Tobacco], + W [Icon Hemp]
  • ---
  • Farm becoming Large Farm in 30 turns
-----

@Nightinggale: What do you think about this suggestion? I think it is really a good
@inaiwae: Would you like to get access to our code and cooperate with us? Otherwise if you do not, could I have your code to save me time?

Edit:

Idea to have an Icon to visualize the 2nd Mouse Over spot is removed from concept.
Seems to work fine without it.

Last edited:
@Schmiddie: Could you create a tiny small circle Icon that we could put on right lower corner of the Plots in City Screen?
Speaking of a small icon on the plots in the colony screen, we could also use one for the colony plot itself. If you click that plot, it will show a popup where you can pick which yield to produce. However that button is currently invisible. Adding a button would give a visual representation that people can click to get an action here. If somebody is to plan small buttons for the plots, I would recommend planning both to get a matching style, yet still clearly different appearance to reveal one is an action button and one is an info button.

@Nightinggale: What do you think about this suggestion? I think it is really a good
I think it's fine and a nice addition. My only concern is if those buttons are visible on ultra wide screens. We do have a problem there with edge plots being only partially displayed. A fix is on the todo list, but it's non-trivial and time consuming, hence have been postponed for quite a while and I do not plan to start on it anytime soon either.

It's possible we could do a workaround where buttons are moved to compensate if the resolution is 18:9* or wider than that. I think we should implement this and then I can check ultra wide to see if any "dirty tricks" will be needed.

* no I'm not aware of any 18:9 displays, but the check is "screen width / height > 2" and it catches 21:9 or whatever else widescreen format we might encounter.

@team + @Kendon + @Fürstbischof + @Schmiddie :

I updated the German version of the Readme.
  • Readme_WTP_deutsch.txt
Please help to review it and translate it for the English version.
  • Readme_WTP_english.txt
Is anybody of you capable of speaking French?
(Would be great to have a French Readme ... :mischief:)

Please tell if you are working on the files. :thumbsup:
(We should avoid to have any double effort.)

Thanks in advance. :grouphug:
--------

Changes in the German version are quite major.
Thus please do not try to improve the old English version directly.
It will be much better to rewrite the English version by translating the new German version.

------

For everyone in community capable of reading German and interested in reading our new Readme, here you go. :)
If you are not, do not worry, in the release there will be an English Readme as well.

@community:
Please do not comment on spelling issues in my text.
We will find them in the review and translation of the team and our partners..

@team:
Of course the actual work should happen using GIT.
Spoiler :

Ausführliche Informationen gibt es in unserem Forum:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/civ4col-we-the-people.591/

Willkommen bei "We the Peole"!

Vorwort
-------

"We the People" ist die umfangreichste und komplexeste Mod für "Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization", die ihr finden könnt.
Ob sie auch die Beste ist, müsst ihr als Spieler selbst entscheiden. Probiert dazu einfach ein paar Mods aus.

Es steck viel Herzblut und viel Modding-Geschichte in "We the People", wie euch die nächsten Absätze gleich veranschaulichen werden.
Nicht umsonst verbessert und erweitert ein kleines aber leidenschaftliches Team mit Hilfe der Community diese Mod heute noch kontinuierlich.

Unsere Ursprünge:
-----------------

Um Verwirrung zu vermeiden sei gleich gesagt, dass "We the Peole" (kurz einfach WTP) die erfolgreiche Fortsetzung von "Religion and Revolution" (kurz einfach RaR) ist.
WTP führt nun also die stolze Tradition von RaR mit einem neuen Team weiter. Darunter waren oder sind auch alte Teammitglieder von RaR.

WTP beinhaltet daher noch alle Features von RaR, ist aber noch einmal größer und noch deutlich besser.
Sprich es noch weitere neue Features, schönere Grafiken, bessere KI, ungezählte Bugfixes, Textkorrekturen, Balancingverbesserungen, Performanceverbesserungen ...

Auch die alten RaR-Veteranen werden euch daher immer empfehlen, statt RaR direkt WTP zu spielen.
Das ist aber natürlich euch den Spieler und euren Vorlieben überlassen.

"Religion and Revolution" (RaR) - der Vorgänger von "We the People" WTP - basiert wiederum auf "The Authentic Colonization" (TAC) in der Version 2.03_final.
Ohne TAC, gäbe es also auch WTP heute nicht. Daher schulden wir auch TAC ewige Dankarbkeit und entsprechende Credits.

Warum also die Änderung des Projektnamens?:
-------------------------------------------

Naja, auch die Teammitglieder von RaR dachten mal, dass es jetzt genug sei. So wie bei TAC war dann irgendwann das Kern-Team zu klein und die Luft raus.
Das fanden dann aber der Rest der Community und ehemalige Teammitglieder nicht so gut und haben entschieden, RaR als Mod nicht aufzugeben.

Die Teamzusammensetzung, aber auch die Mod-Philosophie, hatten sich aber doch so weit geändert, dass ein neuer Name angemessen war.
Irgendwann kam dann auch der ein oder andere aus dem alten RaR Team wieder zurück und hat sich dem neuen Team wieder angeschlossen.

Kleines Fazit:
--------------

Wir sind stolz ein Teil der Geschichte dieser Community zu sein, viele Erfolge und Rückschläge erlebt zu haben und auch heute noch zu bestehen.
Wir hoffen, dass unsere Mod auch noch eine Weile die Geschichte dieser Community belgeiten und mitgestalten darf.

Jeden einzelnen Unterstützer oder jeden einzelnen Modder aufzuzählen, dem wir Dank schulden, ist nicht möglich.
Wir konzentrieren uns daher auf diejenigen, denen wir aktuell oder in der Vergangenheit den größten Dank schulden.

Wir wünschen euch noch viel Spaß beim Spielen unserer Mod.
Schaut auch gelegentlich in unserem Forum vorbei.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/civ4col-we-the-people.591/

------------------

Aktuelle aktive WTP Teammitglieder

raystuttgart
Devolution
Nightinggale
Schmiddie
Mr.Zorg

Besonders aktive WTP Unterstützer:

Raubwürger
Fürstbischof
Kendon

Ehemalige (jetzt inaktive) RaR Mitglieder:

Robert Surcouf
colonialfan
KJ Jansson
Androrc the Orc
orlanth

+ viele Partner, die uns in der Vergangenheit unterstützt haben.

------------------

Credits:

Natürlich die TAC-Mannschaft.

Sonst grundsätzlich fast jeder Modder der bisher veröffentlicht hat.
Sagt uns bitte, wenn wir Teile deiner Arbeit verwenden und deinen Namen vergessen haben.

Lethiel
Zeta Nexus
Vaeringjar
Rampstormp
Writing Bull
Willi_Tell
Isabelxxx
Dale
Kailric
Aymerick
Jeckel
TC01
NeseryozniyVET
Trachmyr
Dazio
M07
bernie14
ekmek
SaibotLieh
Sanotra
Aeterna
Roamty
Kathy
agnat86
Marla_Singer
Commander_Bello
Vetiarvind
Barthoze
melcher kürzer
Fankman

------------------

Besonderen Dank an Mod DB, die den Download unserer Mod hosten !
Besonderen Dank auch an die anderen Foren, wie z.B. Steam, die auch über uns berichten.

------------------

Formale Hinweise (Darum auch das "Sie"):
(Details weiter unten.)

Lesen Sie bitte auch die Ingame-Credits in der Colopedia, um ausführliche Informationen zu bekommen.
Lesen Sie bitte auch die Anmerkungen über den Vertrieb und die Rechte, des Mods RaR weiter unten.

Spezielle Credits für die Musik:

René Osmanczyk (Komponist des grössten Teiles unseres Soundtracks)
Gregoire Lourme, The Seven Seas Journey, Cinematic Volume 7 Animation Movies (http://www.jamendo.com/de/track/1119930/the-seven-seas-journey)

Spezielle Credits und Dank auch den Schöpfern/Herausgeber des ursprünglichen Spiels:

Firaxis und 2Kgames

-------------------

Wie installiere ich den Mod?

Stelle zuerst sicher, dass dein Spiel Colonization mit dem offiziellen Patch 1.01.f versehen wurde.
(Andere Versionen verursachen schwere Probleme.)

Hinweis dazu:
Wenn du die Steam Version hast, bist du automatisch auf diesem Stand und musst nichts machen.
(Nur die alte CD Version muss aktualiser werden.)

Installiere "We the People" sonst wie jede andere Mod.
Entpacke zuerast das Archiv vom Download-Link des entsprechenden Release (z.B. auf GIT Hub).
Danach kopiere die entpackte Mod in den "Mods"-Ordner von Colonization:
(z.B. C:\Benutzer\Benutzername\My Games\Colonization\MODS)

P.S.: Schau ab und zu im Forum nach, ob es neue Versionen gibt.

-------------------

Was ist diese mod?

Zurzeit ist es die bei weitem größte vorhandene CivCol Mod.
Es ist unser Versuch, viele der besten Ideen und Konzepte zu vereinigen, die von der CivCol Modding Gemeinschaft erschaffen
wurden.

Wir haben auch versucht, einige größere Features des ursprünglichen Colonization wieder einzubaeuen, welche bei CivCol aus
irgendeinem Grund vermisst wurden.

Aber wir haben nicht einfach alles zusammen geworfen. Fast alles, was wir eingebaut haben, wurde angepasst und verbessert.
Wir haben sehr sorgfältig abgewogen, welche Features wir hinein nehmen und wie sie umgesetzt werden.

Wir wollen eine Mod schaffen, die mehr Abwechslung, mehr Überraschungen und mehr Herausforderung bietet.
Nach und nach versuchen wir, jeden einzelnen Aspekt des Spiels zu verbessern. (Wirtschaft, Erforschung, Diplomatie, Handel, Ereignisse, Kriege...)

Einige Aspekte der Mod sollen dazu dienen sich ein kleines bisschen mehr zur komplizierten Simulation tendieren,
während andere etwas mehr Action liefern sollen.

Aber während wir dies tun, versuchen wir immer, an Bedienbarkeit, KI, Leistung, historische Authentizität, ... zu denken.
Noch ist nicht alles geschafft.

-------------------

Ist es gestattet, unsere Arbeit zu verwenden?

Ja, allgemein kannst du unseren Quellcode, unsere Grafiken, unsere Bilder, ... verwenden.
Denkt aber bitte daran vernünftige Credits zu geben. Fragt, wenn ihr euchnicht sichers seid.

-------------------

Wichtigste Bemerkungen über den Vertrieb und die Rechte des Gebrauchs:
"We the People" ist ein nichtkommerzielles Mod-Projekt.

Wenn Sie "We the People" vertreiben oder verteilen, schenken Sie bitte dem Copyright Aufmerksamkeit.
Wir erlauben den Gebrauch und den Vertrieb so lange "We the People" nichtkommerziell bleibt.
Selbstverständlich wird es erlaubt, "We the People" in einem eigenen Mod-Projekt zu verwenden,
so lange den Copyrights nicht dagegensteht, und es ein nichtkommerzielles Projekt ist.
Wenn Sie die Verwendung von "We the People" in einer eigenen Mod planen, müssen Sie dies kenntlich machen und
auch jegliche Änderungen zur ursprünglichen "We the People" Mod.

-------------------

Kann ich Eure Arbeit finanziell unterstützen?

Nein.
Es wurde uns von vielen Leuten angeboten Geld zu spenden, aber wir können Geld nicht annehmen.
Dieses Projekt ist nur aus Freude und Spaß am Modding entstanden.

-------------------

Wie sind die Pläne für die Zukunft?

Schau bitte einfach in userem Forum nach.
Nur dort können wir den aktuellen Stand der Planung aktuell halten.

-------------------

Ist es möglich teilzunehmen?

Ja absolut.
Man kann Feedback geben, Programmfehler melden, Ideen teilen, ...
Wir suchen auch nach neuen Teammitgliedern, Partnern und Projekten für Kooperationen.

-------------------

Ein kleiner Rat:

Wenn du "We the People" das erste Mal spielst, lies die Colopedia und schau im Forum rein.
Stell Fragen, wenn du etwas nicht weißt. Das Team und die Community sind hilfsbereit.

-------------------

Jetzt dann aber mal endlich ran ans Spielen der Mod!
Viel Spaß dabei.

Euer WTP Team

Last edited:
@inaiwae: Would you like to get access to our code and cooperate with us?
I definitely would like to give it a try myself, also I need to rewrite it a bit ... when I mod for myself, I tend to touch minimum amount of files ... for WTP integration, I need to move some parts to CvGameTextMgr.cpp so it is uniform with other parsehelp

EDIT: 99% of code I used for this, I shamelessly stole from setPlotHelp, I cannot claim much credit here, LOL
Code:
void CvGameTextMgr::setPlotHelp(CvWStringBuffer& szString, CvPlot* pPlot)

do we really need dedicated mouse over spot with some form of graphics here (it adds to visual overload, unless is really unintrusive) ? would not be enough to have mouse pointer placed anywhere on the plot, away from citizen working the plot (as it overrides and shows citizen parsehelp as it should) to show plot parsehelp, much cleaner and no need for additional code ... right now it works like this

also, now that I can include mouse pointer on screenshot ... please see how much grid for displaying plots and grid for mouse over on plots is shifted, if I move mouse pointer 1 pixel down it starts showing parsehelp for plot where fisherman is ... somehow, as I mentioned before, mouseover grid is shifted down/south by about 1/3 of plot square ... we may need to align them so they precisely overlap

city_map.jpg

Last edited:
I definitely would like to give it a try myself, also I need to rewrite it a bit ...
@inaiwae:
That is what I hoped to hear. :hug:

@Nightinggale:
Please contact @inaiwae and if he is interested to directly work with us in our dev branch, please give him write permissions to branch "river_merge".
He seems to be a skilled programmer and one of us would review and test anyways.
It is probably easiest for everybody.

99% of code I used for this, I shamelessly stole from setPlotHelp, I cannot claim much credit here, ...
What do you think we other modders do? ;)

We reuse sniplets of Vanilla code, code of our old features or old features of others all the time. :thumbsup:
Modding is to a huge degree smart usage of resources and effort.

Who cares if you reused code already existing in Vanilla? :dunno:
You created a feature / improvement and invested effort.
That is all we need to know to give you credits.

By the way:
We already give credits to 2K and Firaxis. :)
They should have no reason to be angry if we "sometimes" ... ahem ... :mischief: ... hm ... reuse parts of their code ...

... do we really need dedicated mouse over spot with some form of graphics here ...
Not necessary, it was just a suggestion. :dunno:

... would not be enough to have mouse pointer placed anywhere on the plot, away from citizen working the plot ...
Well ok, the player will most likely find out anyways, when he uses Mouse Over over some empty plots - without worker - in Ctiy Screen. :thumbsup:

Summary:
Fine, let us try out first, without Icon. :thumbsup:
We can simply collect feeback.
If it works for the players we do not need it.

Updated Comment:
It looks easy enough to hit with Mouse in your Screenshot. :thumbsup:
I was afraid that it was a very small spot on the corner of the Plot.
So I think it will be perfectly fine without Icon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom