WW2-Global

You can't mod Rail, it's hardcoded:(

Germany vs AI - SID Level
Week 25, 1941

Operation Barbarossa ends!
After the massive Russian defeat in Turkey and near Kursk, the Germans requested for an armistice which the Russians have gladly accepted. I managed to get Antalya, 940 gold, and 2 workers from them. Massive Russian territory now lies in German hands, and the once powerful and proud Russian armies have been reduced to nothing spectacular. The Russian strength currently has come down to 61 T-34 and 28 KV-1. The Russians had 174 T-34 and 51 KV-1 just four weeks ago. The Germans themselves have come down to 66 Panzers from 161 at the start of the war, but that will be built-up by the end of the year. Then we will launch our second offensive against the Russians with the intent of putting them out of the race once and for all. No movement on the Japanese side was noticed so that seems to going pretty close to historical events. The Italians killed a couple of units but nothing much. The only way to ressurect whatever strength they had at the start of the scenario is by taking all of Africa and giving them their colonies. No idea when that's gonna happen.
My current aim is to take back Crete which I lost to the French.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    235.6 KB · Views: 163
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    254.9 KB · Views: 187
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    256.2 KB · Views: 141
HI everyone!
my Problem:
If i try to start the scenario with any faction or difficault, the game hang with 100% processor load.

Update:
so i just waited a quarter of an hour and finaly get an error message "Art\units\infantry\infantrydefault.flc not found" or something.
I guees it's because i am german i got the german version of the game.
Because i have the folder "civ3\Art\units\infantrie\infantrydefault.flc".
Will i be still able to play civ3 normal german if i change all folders in Art\units\*.* to english names...or the folder names in the english version of the game?

Can somebody give me a list of all civ3\art\units\*.* folder names?
I would be very grateful!

WInXp Pro
Intel Pentium 4 3,2 GHZ
1024MB DDR2 Ram
X800SE Pci-E16x

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 252
everytime that i try and load it , when it is loading, after 10mins. or so civilization just closes and go to the main screen of my comp. it doesnt say anything it just closes the program. am i doing something wrong? how can i fix it?

@Hubschrauber: I don´t know what mistake is happening there.
@KnightKiller: It is a big mess that the German localized version has also translated the unit name folders. So there are two ways to help you. Once you could copy and paste the units and then rename it with the English counterpart. You can see this name in the files in the folder. Then you have also to change the *.ini files. On the other hand you can download this "patch" by goethe: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=73272 and try to install. This variant I did not try out.
Hope I could help you. Tschüß.

Adler

i just got rid of one folder that ww2-g;obal was in and it works fine now.
i started playing as soviet russia. and i was going to attack germany within 10 turns, but then they started attacking french poland i thought that that would be suicide. so on turn 2 i made a right of passage agreement with france and then declared war on them. hehehehe im bad. i took danzig and warsaw and now im moving my main force down to tabriz. i want to gain control of the middle east to sort of isolate india from the rest of the british empire. is this a good idea? what would everyone else do?

Depends on the difficulty level you are on. With my SID game, I took Turkey right away, and you should probably take Communist China. However, for the rest, I built just workers and infrastructure until the middle of 1940. This was risky as the major powers were starting to make demands of me, but it turned out in the long run. When I stole Land 1940, I started to mass produce T34s and KV-1s and just steam rolled over Germany, Italy and Japan. Once I kicked out the Axis, I got to work on the allies. It's the middle of 1941 and I control almost all of Asia and some of Africa.

i have it set on warlord i think or the one just higer, i cant remember. why should i take china? and on turn 2 germany and italy declared war on the neutrals. is this good for me or bad? and if i continue war with britian should i continue going down through the middle east?

Germany vs AI (special version)
wk 34 1940
No war-time economy
no stealing techs
conscripting from Berlin and Hamburg ONLY!

The Nile flows red with the blood of the English and the French! Taking Egypt was probably one of the smartest things I did. It bisected the English area of control, seperating Africa from the middle east and India. All the reinforcements that would have gone to India to stop the Japanesse never made it past Luxor. It hasn't been a cake walk mind you, but my original force has lasted nearly 6 montsh there without the need for reinforcements! (were talking 5-7 panzers and a 5-7 88's with a couple of Inf and a couple of ME110's, holding 5 cities!)

The taking of Al Algiers in French Moroco has had the same effect!

As for Russia, its been nothing but victory! Russia finally started building T-34's in week 29 and build them she did! First turn 9, second turn 19, third turn 42, fourth or fifth turn was 60+ and this is ontop of me destroying every T-34 in sight! Now she is back down to 40+ after a major luftwaffe offensive against them. Caught site of a major convoy and hit the roads slowing them down so the next turn I could hit them! ;)

I think its week 34 of 1940 and the battle for Moscow has just begun! The Eastern front consists of Krasnodor, Grozny, stalingrad, tula, Novogrod, smolensk and Kanin (sp?) (exactly the same pics as Eaglefox) I have about 44 Panzers! Moscow will either fall by the end of this turn or the next for sure. I just took two cities in this turn and am not sure if we'll have enought to take Moscow.

Japan took one russian city and razed it and nothing more! Japan has slowed down but that could be due to fighting with Russia. She is still expanding a little in the S. Pacific and 1-2 more mountanous cities in India.

The Atlantic is going well. Wolf packs oerating out of Brest under the cover of a Bismarc and an AA cruiser destroy almost every convoy leaving the UK heading south. I resolve to only have 2 bismarc's at a time, the Tirpitz and the Bismarc. I just lost the Tirpitz in port at breast to air bombing. The "Bismarc" is operating out of Girbratler picking up what is missed from Brest adn the occasional US convoy. I also send wolf packs to Canada but their success rate isn't what it should be. I am going to replace the Tirpitz and then build a Genesiau class battleship and send it with a wolf pack to canada to try and maintain a presence in that theatre.

The T-34's didn't swing the battle as much I had expected so my offensive continues at a feverish pace just with a little more thought on defensive positioning and luftwaffe cover. At this rate I figure by November 1940 I should have taken most if not all of the Russian industrial cities thus negating her ability to amass any significant force. As a result peace can be made and our attention turned towards other targets. I haven't given this aspect much thought as the Russian front is far from won! However, it is basically a coin toss between hitting the UK or expanding control in North Africa!

Africa is the easier target but only has a few cities that can quickly turn into significant manufacturing centes. Unfortuneately it expands the defensive position significantly. I would probably have to triple the amount of 88's I currently have to even modestly protect that much real estate.

The UK on the other hand is an island fortress! but there are huge manufacturing cities there all close together and easy to defend... the dilema.

do i have a different version or something because i only have 7 nations and the neutrals own all of south america ?? where do i get the other version?

there are 3 versions out!

one is the one you have.
special Germany vs AI version
then the normal version (you have to download 134 MB file. go to first page and read instructions.)

Also, try downloading a save game its faster. If you just configure the scenario it will take about an hour.

Here ya go, the first thread actually

WW2-Global folder 134 MB.

http://www.3ddownloads.com/civfanat.../WW2_Global.zip

and biq-file:
Attached Files WW2-Global 1.8.zip (189.2 KB, 1632 views)

download both of those files and follow the instructions. also like i said in previous thread, try download a "save game" as loading that only takes 2-3 minutes.

I just realised this thread has gone past 3000 posts. You don't have to close it, right?

Psycho--

I dont know what the significance of 3000 posts is and closing it?

I doubt they will close this thread even if it hit a limit due to its overhwlming popularity.

ok, ok, im playing as the germany vs. AI . what would you suggest to do first. i already took danzig and am planning on taking all poland next turn and then taking belgium. does this sound like a good idea? what would you guys suggest?

Finally back after much longer absence than anticipated.

What versions shoould I be playing now?

1.8 Basic and the Germany Vs AI?

Grizx

Grizx said:
Finally back after much longer absence than anticipated.

What versions shoould I be playing now?

1.8 Basic and the Germany Vs AI?

Grizx
I'll say Germany vs AI SID Level. A lot more fun than the regular versions. But that's just me. I like Germany better than any other power.

wow oljb007. you have done really well. how did you do it? what level are you playing? yeah the russian production is spectacular in my game too. but my own production is not that much in comparison. the only reason i have been able to take land from the russians in my game is superior firepower. even then i have to depend on the russsian ai for peace. had the ai been any smarter the third reich would have collapsed way before may 8, 1945. how did you get france out of europe so soon. actually i got them out in my game by mid 1940, then i had a war with the russians in which my tank force was reduced to 23 from 56. then i waited till week 21, 1941 to rebuild my force. 161 tanks in four turns were again reduced to 66. i got lucky in that i got peace otherwise they were about to launch a major offensive against two cities after which only a backward movement was probably gonna be in store for me. they started out with 174 t-34 and 51 kv-1 to my 161 panzers. by the end of the fourth turn they had 28 kv-1 and 61 t-34. so its not my fighting that's wrong. i mean i hit them pretty hard - even i was surprised at that result. i wanna know what i am doing wrong? am i waiting too long? am i, in my quest to build a powerful offensive force, giving them too much time to prepare their defences? man i haven't even touched africa yet, or the middle east for that matter. heck i don't even have all of turkey and i also lost crete to the freakin french!!! by the way, i never use war-time production because i like building othe stuff in my cities that can help boost the production (factories, culture too actually). is that what might be wrong? all suggestions will be appretiated. thanks to all.

Eaglefox -

In this scenario mobilization (War-Time production) has no negative effects. You can build anything at any time. Therefore you should always be mobilized. Remember to click it on after any peace.

Top Bottom