WW2-Global

Sasha_kera said:
Bob1475

At me a problem with version 1.0.
The problem of a site, it does not support ?докачку?(download), and at me speed 10 КВ/second.

Sasha_kera,

I wished I had a solution to your problem, but I do
not think I can help you with this.

Rocoteh

oljb007 said:
Welcome back Rocoteh!

oljb007,

Thank you.

My motivation for scenario-creation have increased during the
last weeks and I hope to complete a 1941 version of this scenario,
WW3-Global (with El Justo) and Europe 1941 (with Sarevok) before
this year have ended.

Rocoteh

Grizx said:
Finally back after much longer absence than anticipated.

What versions shoould I be playing now?

1.8 Basic and the Germany Vs AI?

Grizx

Grizx,

Welcome back.

Although the AI version have not been downloaded so many times
compared to the regular version the response is overall
positive from those who have played it.

Rocoteh

Bob1475 said:
Eaglefox - I know how you feel. I played the scenario for weeks until it was casually mentioned by someone. Here is another one - all power stations (coal and hydro) are CUMULATIVE - they do not cancel the other out when built. Add that to mobilization and you will see quick production of units. This was Rocoteh's intent and it does work - just that it is not compiled anywhere. I am thinking of putting these together as a readme file. What else is unique about the mod?
hey - thanks. yeah i know about the power plants. i did read that somewhere here. but the war-time stuff was new to me, and a great relief at that. now i can give the russian production some challenge.

oljb007
thanks for the advice. my approach towards the war till now has been very cautious in that case. but i wanted to time the invasion of russia exactly when Hitler did, week 21, 1941. the one thing that happened in my game that i didn't expect was italy getting kicked out of africa by mid 1940. it completely scrapped my plans for invading africa, which is good in a way as i had something to fight with against russia.
Bob1475 just told me that war-time production has no neagative impact. you can still make all the improvements in a city. you might wanna turn that on. no reason to keep it off.

vlad1917_a said:
German vs AI SID.
Week 50 1941.
Domination victory.
Britain has only New Guinea. MY transports was in 1 turns of it.
Argentina has only 2 towns.
I have just declared war to Chili.
Others gone and all is my.
Population 97% territory 70%.

The best German unit is Panzergrenadier!!! It could be airlifted and can go over jungle and mountains.

"I think If you put railroad movement to let say Not unlimited it will slow down entire campaing. I was able to fight on 5 diferent directons and it gives huge effect on result.
I fight together on Russia, France, Africa France, Africa Britain, and India. You have 4 tiles for road, unlimited for railroad. If you reduce it to 3 road and 10 railroad it could be more realistic." vlad1917_a

vlad1917_a,

A very fast victory!

On the Panzergrenadier: Thank you for reporting the bug.
I will check it out.

On railroads: This can not be changed with the editor.

Thank you for the report and welcome back.

Rocoteh

allin1joe,

Thank you for the report.
You seems to have established a very good strategic situation.

I am looking forward to follow this playtest.

Welcome back.

Rocoteh

oljb007,

"took Minsk and two cities on the black sea, one of which had 39 subs (Rocoteh--isn't it odd to have 40 subs in a port that is landlocked? that is probably why russia goes after turkey, trying to get her subs a route to open sea)" oljb007

Yes, but so was the situation September 1939.

"US doesn't get involved in european theatre. There is a US airbase south of wales however, US never bombs or attacks Germany via air. is it too far to "relocate" to that base and or is the air field to far from germany for the US planes? (part of me thinks that the game can be decided before US gets up and running. I'll see in my game)"
oljb007

I will see if there is anything I can do to change this.

"Japan AI (special version) is amazing and makes a B-line for india in everygame I have played; goes for the south pacific but the focus is obviously on India" oljb007

Its really a surprise!

"btw--we discussed the implementations of the Ural mountains back in the day and you said it would be implemented in the next map change. any thoughts on that?"

The Ural mountains are present in version 1.8, but there will be changes in 1.9.

Thank you and welcome back.

Rocoteh

Proserpine said:
Yeah, likewise Ouch. I've reached March 1944 in my current (1.7 Emperor)game as Britain without mobilizing and have got the Axis Alliance licked (Japan, Thailand & Italy are gone, Germany has lost Sofia, Vienna, Budapest & Munich and is about to lose Stuttgart next turn). Also I've whupped the Russians once already, I'm trying to decide if I want to continue after Germany is beaten. Next game I will mobilise & build coal plants for sure.

Two points for Racoteh: In the Civilopedia entries for Aqueducts/Hospitals it says the growth limits have been changed to 15/28, but in the game the standard 6/12 limits seem to apply - is that an oversight & was it fixed in v1.8? Also is it deliberate that the British don't have Uranium anywhere in their dominion, if I recall Canada (and maybe Australia, possibly even S Africa) have it IRL?

Proserpine,

On Aqueducts/Hospitals: Yes, you are right. This will be changed with
the next updated Civilopedia.

On the British Uranium: This will also be changed.

Rocoteh

oljb007 said:
Germany vs AI (special version)
wk 34 1940
No war-time economy
no stealing techs
conscripting from Berlin and Hamburg ONLY!

The Nile flows red with the blood of the English and the French! Taking Egypt was probably one of the smartest things I did. It bisected the English area of control, seperating Africa from the middle east and India. All the reinforcements that would have gone to India to stop the Japanesse never made it past Luxor. It hasn't been a cake walk mind you, but my original force has lasted nearly 6 montsh there without the need for reinforcements! (were talking 5-7 panzers and a 5-7 88's with a couple of Inf and a couple of ME110's, holding 5 cities!)

The taking of Al Algiers in French Moroco has had the same effect!

As for Russia, its been nothing but victory! Russia finally started building T-34's in week 29 and build them she did! First turn 9, second turn 19, third turn 42, fourth or fifth turn was 60+ and this is ontop of me destroying every T-34 in sight! Now she is back down to 40+ after a major luftwaffe offensive against them. Caught site of a major convoy and hit the roads slowing them down so the next turn I could hit them! ;)

I think its week 34 of 1940 and the battle for Moscow has just begun! The Eastern front consists of Krasnodor, Grozny, stalingrad, tula, Novogrod, smolensk and Kanin (sp?) (exactly the same pics as Eaglefox) I have about 44 Panzers! Moscow will either fall by the end of this turn or the next for sure. I just took two cities in this turn and am not sure if we'll have enought to take Moscow.

Japan took one russian city and razed it and nothing more! Japan has slowed down but that could be due to fighting with Russia. She is still expanding a little in the S. Pacific and 1-2 more mountanous cities in India.

The Atlantic is going well. Wolf packs oerating out of Brest under the cover of a Bismarc and an AA cruiser destroy almost every convoy leaving the UK heading south. I resolve to only have 2 bismarc's at a time, the Tirpitz and the Bismarc. I just lost the Tirpitz in port at breast to air bombing. The "Bismarc" is operating out of Girbratler picking up what is missed from Brest adn the occasional US convoy. I also send wolf packs to Canada but their success rate isn't what it should be. I am going to replace the Tirpitz and then build a Genesiau class battleship and send it with a wolf pack to canada to try and maintain a presence in that theatre.

The T-34's didn't swing the battle as much I had expected so my offensive continues at a feverish pace just with a little more thought on defensive positioning and luftwaffe cover. At this rate I figure by November 1940 I should have taken most if not all of the Russian industrial cities thus negating her ability to amass any significant force. As a result peace can be made and our attention turned towards other targets. I haven't given this aspect much thought as the Russian front is far from won! However, it is basically a coin toss between hitting the UK or expanding control in North Africa!

Africa is the easier target but only has a few cities that can quickly turn into significant manufacturing centes. Unfortuneately it expands the defensive position significantly. I would probably have to triple the amount of 88's I currently have to even modestly protect that much real estate.

The UK on the other hand is an island fortress! but there are huge manufacturing cities there all close together and easy to defend... the dilema.

oljb007,

Yes, the attack on Egypt must have been a very good move!

Soviet will have incredible amounts of armour once its production
have left initial levels. Despite that I think you have a established a strong postion Russia.

A good strategy for the Atlantic it seems!

I would choose to crush Soviet before going for Africa I think.

Rocoteh

eaglefox said:
Germany vs AI - SID Level
Week 25, 1941

Operation Barbarossa ends!
After the massive Russian defeat in Turkey and near Kursk, the Germans requested for an armistice which the Russians have gladly accepted. I managed to get Antalya, 940 gold, and 2 workers from them. Massive Russian territory now lies in German hands, and the once powerful and proud Russian armies have been reduced to nothing spectacular. The Russian strength currently has come down to 61 T-34 and 28 KV-1. The Russians had 174 T-34 and 51 KV-1 just four weeks ago. The Germans themselves have come down to 66 Panzers from 161 at the start of the war, but that will be built-up by the end of the year. Then we will launch our second offensive against the Russians with the intent of putting them out of the race once and for all. No movement on the Japanese side was noticed so that seems to going pretty close to historical events. The Italians killed a couple of units but nothing much. The only way to ressurect whatever strength they had at the start of the scenario is by taking all of Africa and giving them their colonies. No idea when that's gonna happen.
My current aim is to take back Crete which I lost to the French.

eaglefox,

Thank you for the report and screenshots.

This is really a titanic struggle!
I am looking forward to follow how it ends.

Welcome back with more reports.

Rocoteh

eaglefox said:
oljb007
thanks for the advice. my approach towards the war till now has been very cautious in that case. but i wanted to time the invasion of russia exactly when Hitler did, week 21, 1941. the one thing that happened in my game that i didn't expect was italy getting kicked out of africa by mid 1940. it completely scrapped my plans for invading africa, which is good in a way as i had something to fight with against russia.
Bob1475 just told me that war-time production has no neagative impact. you can still make all the improvements in a city. you might wanna turn that on. no reason to keep it off.

IE died and now I have to retype this... :(

the game engine combined with the start date and locked alliances causes problems with keeping in line with the actual time line. Right off the start you're at war with France. Secondly, if you wait to start war with Russia to any time close to reality then its way off. Germany rolled over Russia due to tech, but in the game russia would have tons of T-34's which was not the case. As a result I tried to time my invasion based upon the Russian's getting the tech to build the T-34.

Rocotehs '41 version will improve on these issues quite a bit I think.

I know about war time production but its a personal preference to leave it off.

It's actually ok to leave the British Isles alone since the AI isn't smart enough to pull off a major, DDay style amphibious assault. The most I have ever seen it land is 2 tanks. Thats it.

outcast said:
It's actually ok to leave the British Isles alone since the AI isn't smart enough to pull off a major, DDay style amphibious assault. The most I have ever seen it land is 2 tanks. Thats it.

That's a good point. The only consideration you need to give them is air defense as the RAF has the potential to cause some problems.

Eaglefox--
Rocoteh

Another thing to keep in mind Eaglefox is that one of the major mistakes Germany made in the war was starting it so late in the summer. the onset of Winter was a bigger challenge to the Germans than the russian army at that time. However, that bought the Russians time to re-arm.

On that note, I was considering implementing some kind of house rule in my curernt game to restrict my offensive abilities to try and emulate the "winter" aspect. I am debating something along the lines of limiting myself to attacking with only 25% of my force during the winter months. I am thinking approximately week 36 or 39 to about week 15 of the following year.

In my game its week 34 and that battle of moscow has just started. The Introduction of the T-34 hasn't really impacted my advance all that much. So the "winter aspect" may be just what the russian AI needs to at least get off her heals! Had I thought of this before I would have started the offensive sooner, as a result the outcome may well mimick that of Hitlers mistakes, starting the war too late in the summer, (week 21 for me) but oh well, it will make it exciting.

jb

Two other things I notice about the AI:

1.) At the start, the british send some of their battleships to bombard the minefield north of denmark, but it never has enough movement points to make it back. Not only that, they are left with one one or maybe a stack of two battleships. That makes them fairly easy targets. I soften them up with the Luftwaffe, then finish them off with either the Scharnhorst or the Genisenau. Of course my battleships can make it back to one of the minefields. I sent 2 or 3 of them to the bottom before it stopped doing that.

2.) The American AI constantly sends attack groups over, but they always run out of movement points just before they get to my fleet. So almost every single one of theirs is slaughtered. They send nothing for a while (appearently building some more). Then they send over a few more and they get slaughtered too! Are the navy commanders on drugs? I sent 2/3 of the american navy to the bottom because of this, and they still do it. Is there anyway to make it stop doing this?

EDIT: And the AI should know better since it should be able to see my units (one of its cheats).

EDIT2: I dont want to seem like I am spamming your thread, but I'm just posting these observations/questions as I think of them.

outcast said:
EDIT2: I dont want to seem like I am spamming your thread, but I'm just posting these observations/questions as I think of them.

nobody minds, that is what this is for! However!!!! always seems to be a however, or a but. I would suggest downloading the entire thread to you computer then doing quick searches through it with the "find" feature before you post if you are worried about what you are posting. I do that occasionally for things i mention just in case its old news!

outcast said:
2.) The American AI constantly sends attack groups over, but they always run out of movement points just before they get to my fleet. So almost every single one of theirs is slaughtered. They send nothing for a while (appearently building some more). Then they send over a few more and they get slaughtered too! Are the navy commanders on drugs? I sent 2/3 of the american navy to the bottom because of this, and they still do it. Is there anyway to make it stop doing this?

Outcast:
The AI is just terrible at planning amphibious invasions. It also does not learn
from it's past mistakes.

The way to fix the problem is to get into a PBEM with some human players.

Uh, I wasn't talking about an amphibious invasion this time. I was just talking about it doing something incredibly stupid. None of the times that they sent a fleet after me, they never had a transport with them.

Top Bottom